DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I love that there've been 15 pgs since 2am ET, and it's still being driven by the same handful of guys trolling the thread with hating on the flick. Oh well....

Haters_gonna_hate.jpg

aahhhh. not worth it :lol:

its just going around in circles

Its just me disagreeing.

again. maybe I've been confused this whole time about what a discussion forum is supposed to be for.

if you like the movie good for you, no one is telling you, you shouldn't like it.

Really? Because it sure looks like you are trying your best to convince others to hate it?

I mean even when I waved the white flag and you've won, you still can't seem to let it go.
This honestly just reads as a passive aggressive way of you asking dude to stop posting his opinion of the movie specifically cuz he doesn't like it and you do.

I aint see a lot of this when we were all ******** on Fan4stic or ASM2 or any other bad past cbm.

They can deny all they want, but cats like RFX and CP are all up in their feels for whatever reason. Funny thing is I see some of the posters that really enjoyed the film still post some of the concerns as the ones who didn't. No issues there because they gave it above a 7.
That's the thing though, I'm seeing the ppl who really didn't like it get targeted for calling **** out but for 20 pgs even ppl who liked it voiced the same damn criticisms as the guys who hated it but now it's nitpicking.

Just off a film perspective, ppl are complaining about pacing and editing. That's not nitpicking that's a problem with the fundamentals of story telling and film making.

Yea, and the moment it reverts to Marvel, watch it become an instant hit :rofl:

Exactly.. Get doom vs the avengers.. Thing vs hulk.. Reed Richards in the science bros and could build up to WWH

The also would get other villains back too

Galactus.. Silver surfer.. Kang

Last edited:
I think if BvS was just another DC movie in a long line of successful DCU movies, I think more of you would be willing to rip apart your movies then. It'd just be a bad movie among a bunch of good movies.

Last edited:
looking at the 30% RT rating, these were some of the headlines from the POSITIVE reviews 
laugh.gif

"While the actors and the show are worth of a superhero film, it sacrifices the humanity of the characters and drowns in endless videogame sequences that ultimately leave us an emptiness and without amazement. Totally numb."

"This film has many flaws, rubbish villains, exaggerated visual effects, many gaps in its story, but has enough achievements to become something worth seeing. "

"The flawed 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' is at least interesting enough to keep dusk from falling on the Justice League."

"Batman V Superman is DC's Iron Man 2 - an okay movie that prioritizes shared universe setup over developing a coherent story and layered characters."

"Now don't worry, we're not dealing with a travesty of Michael Bay proportions here. There is still plenty to be impressed with if you're a fan of things blowing up and people punching each other."

"Batman v Superman is just good enough to keep the DC Comics movie plans on track. Barely."

this are all positive, fresh reviews 
laugh.gif

"Now don't worry, we're not dealing with a travesty of Michael Bay proportions here. There is still plenty to be impressed with if you're a fan of things blowing up and people punching each other."

Is this not what most Superhero films are about though? :lol:

Last edited:
I want DC to be good man

I don't benefit from DC doing badly :lol:

If anything, it'd hurt Marvel! What if DC makes a crap load of money making bad team up movies? Breaks records putting out trash movies?

Marvel might see what they doing and think, 'Why we trying so hard for? Let's just go through the motions! Cut costs. We'll make money anyway! All we got to do is make sure superheroes are paired together!' :lol:

Whereas if DC puts out good movies, then not only will I get to enjoy more superhero movies but it'll force Marvel to up its game :wow:

Last edited:

Is this not what most Superhero films go for though?
laugh.gif
the first sentence is basically "do not worry, it's not the worst thing ever." 
laugh.gif

Didn't need to read the article to figure that out.

Zik stated that Darkseid maybe the JL villain pages ago :lol:
We've known Darkseid was the JL villain for a while now, that's not the news.

A lot of people just didn't understand the context or really how to interpret that scene
Some of the plot is now sounding like JL: War and those animated eps where Darkseid brainwashes Superman and he's in that black suit beating the **** out of the JL.

Action wise, Snyder should get it right and it should be cool.

I just think the problem is all you DC fans have been starved of the shared universe you deserve. You've seen DC try to launch the shared universe twice now and it hasn't really gotten off the ground yet. So now here's a 3rd try. It's clearly a flawed movie - even the people who say they like the movie recognize it - but you guys stop short of ripping the movies to pieces cuz you want the DCU to flourish.

If this was just another DC movie in a long line of successful DCU movies, I think more of you would be willing to rip part your movies then. It'd just be a bad movie among a bunch of good movies.

Nah. Here's the deal: Marvel started the MCU with Iron Man while DC was in the middle of a planned Nolan Bat trilogy. Marvel fans pee'd themselves with excitement (and rightfully so), and ALL comics fans were pumped to see whole crossover story-arcs planned for multiple movies. Meanwhile, Marvel released more than their share of terrible movies, too: IM 2 & 3, Thor 2 (and Tom Hiddleston rescues Thor 1 from being trash, too), and honestly, I thought Avengers AoU wasn't all that great either. But people don't rip them apart because they're "fun" and take place in the daytime, I suppose. They're all pretty vapid, very repetitive and are doing their best to drag out the Thanos angle for so long that nobody even cares about him anymore.

However, as soon as MoS was announced and word got out that a DCCU was going to be launched, a lot of people (and I'll say especially Marvel fans) started criticizing WB and DC for trying to "copy" Marvel's plans. And then when the movies turned out to be more "dark & gritty" the complaints were amplified by the mainstream film critics who are basing their reviews in the context of "light & fun" Marvel movies. And then the Marvel fans take to forum boards in droves to bash the DC films over and over and over again.

Do the DC movies have flaws - of course they do. All movies do, including all of the Marvel movies. I love IM 1, but honestly, it gets slow in the second half, and like I said 2 & 3 blow. The Thor movies are pretty boring, and the supporting characters around Thor & Loki are pretty useless (including Natalie Portman, who stinks in these movies, and Idris Elba who is woefully underused). GotG was really good, and was a great change of pace from the rest of the repetitive Marvel movies. Ant Man was pretty good, but most of that is because of Paul Rudd and the sidekicks. The story was pretty dumb. The Cap movies are great, especially the first one. Avengers 1 was good as an action movie, but had no story and a pretty weak "bad guy" (Loki and his swarm of invading aliens). Ultron was a good character in Avengers 2, as he increased his awareness, but holy crap the movie was a total slog, with an even sloggier 20 minute "Hey look, Hawkeye has a family" break in the middle.

My point is, DC fans (or at least me and my friends who are also DC fans) don't go online to attack the Marvel movies for DAYS after they release, and don't keep hammering on them after that, even if we really fon't like them. But Marvel fans do. They don't just say "Eh, the movie was slow, I still don't like Lois and Eisenberg stinks as Lex." They go after the people who say the do like it by calling out their integrity as cinephiles and trying to force them to defend WHY they like the movies. FOH with that crap. I say I like BvS and all the sudden I must be Zack Snyder, or I'm just a fanboy, or I don't know good movies. Because someone else doesn't like the movie's "pacing" or "editing."

Meanwhile the movie (just like MoS) is gonna make a buttload of money, and so too will the rest of the DCCU movies. And on top of that, the DCTVU shows are enormous, while AoS is dull as hell and Agent Carter stunk up its second season so badly it won't be renewed. However, boy do people just love the "dark & gritty" Netflix shows, huh? The ones that always take place at night, and where the hero breaks the villain's neck at the end? And take 10-13 hrs to tell a single story.

It's just obnoxious to have people constantly rag on something I actually DO like over and over and over again. Don't like the movie? Cool, man. Tell us why you didn't like it and then go watch something else. Hop on out and maybe pop back in after you watch the next movie. But this movie is making HUGE $$$ and has a 75% fan approval on RT. 3 outta 4 people who saw it liked it. I'm gonna go see it at least one more time.

So don't try to presume why I don't dislike the film. Dislike it yourself, but let the people who do like it, like it. You do you, let us do us.

How else do we make superman an interesting character if he is all powerful all the time?

This supes criticism isnt even about the movie anymore if we are going to go there

exactly!

Real talk, with X-Ray vision, flight, super speed and hearing, Supes could have easily found his moms
dude was at lex's house, saw a girl in a burning building in mexico in the news and was able to instantly get there to save her but he couldnt scan the city in 10 minutes to find and save his mom :lol:

really? this is what gets you butt hurt? its a superman movie. superman....a hero whose entire disguise entails a simple pair of glasses from lenscrafters...and you're mad about the logic in the use of his powers..>D cmon man.

can someone really layout what their beef with this movie is? or man of steel even? im seeing a lot of storytelling and pacing hate? anything specific? :nerd: im not being confrontational and i don't want to read "professional critics" takes, just asking honestly in this thread. maybe there is something im not seeing.

:nerd: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom