DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I started up the final season of Doom Patrol again. Good timing since I saw the second part of the season got put up a few days ago.

Been wanting to watch the recent Swamp Thing series since I heard it was good but think only amazon has it and it’s not free.

Outside of the MCU and Star Wars (was on the fence of including but they’re starting to find their rhythm with the D+ shows), I can’t think of another really successful shared cinematic universe.

By keeping remnants of the DCEU, I feel like Gunn’s not giving himself the opportunity to truly build a brand new, unique and separate universe. Also, the lack of time to let things breathe and cleanse the stench from the DCEU just feels more like a soft reboot.

Don’t really feel confident in the Gunnverse being the success they want it to be but would love to be proven wrong.

i think yall expectations are too big

the last dceu film comes out this xmas and with the strike, the next film will probably come out 2025

a year without a film is pretty long these days considering we have been conditioned to see one every few months these days

i think yall arent giving the audience enough credit, they already released the batman and joker to great success and thats not part of the dceu, not sure about the upcoming musical joker sequel but the audience has obviously gotten and understood where those films belong int he greater universe

so i dont think separating the gunnverse from the dceu will be difficult even with the handful of the same actors

if most understood the variants and time travel and different timelines in the mcu, then what dc is trying to do should be simple in comparison :lol:

:lol: @ if Aquabro now has a kid with Mera but she is barely in the movie.

Should've just killed her in childbirth.

Watchmen was on tonight,.. yo Snyder needs to do that Sequel. It's either that or MoS2....

C915AD65-17B4-43AD-9CE9-E576256DADFD-34525-00001189E14E9DB7_tmp.gif

I recommend watching this vid if you want to see exactly why an ayn rand fan boy got the movie wrong

it’s also why I judge those who agreed with steve in civil war

just sell wb already for gods sake

Warner bros gonna do Warner bros things
:smh: :smh::smh:

Just to confirm gunns Superman is a new supe right? Not a continuation of Henry’s ?
Like a complete reboot ?

This dceu **** so confusing

And this years aquaman is like the end of the snyderverse? Gunns gonna make a new aquaman, Wonder Woman , no Clooney Batman , no Shazam etc?
That’s all scrapped after this year?

Warner bros gonna do Warner bros things
:smh: :smh::smh:

Just to confirm gunns Superman is a new supe right? Not a continuation of Henry’s ?
Like a complete reboot ?

This dceu **** so confusing

And this years aquaman is like the end of the snyderverse? Gunns gonna make a new aquaman, Wonder Woman , no Clooney Batman , no Shazam etc?
That’s all scrapped after this year?
1. Yes, new Superman.
2. Some actors/characters are returning such as Peacemaker/John Cena and Amanda Waller/Viola Davis. Maybe Gal Gadot returns as Wonder Woman.

Watchmen was on tonight,.. yo Snyder needs to do that Sequel. It's either that or MoS2....
I dug Watchmen. It's not a good "movie", almost told like a comic. Shows why book to film has to be changed to work, but I enjoyed the novelty of it. Neither of these fit Snyder really, deeper stories on morality and humanity etc. Let him do his thing in like what Rebel Moon looks like.

I don't feel anyone has really nailed the potential of what a Superman film could be as yet.

Back
Top Bottom