DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

So Gunn confirmed his SS is not a part of his new universe.
I don't think so...? I thought I read somewhere that Vigilante would be appearing (soon or at least before Peacemaker). If that's the case, then technically the SS is in this new/shared universe. which would also tie into the Snydverse because of the connection via Harley and other SS members that joined :lol:

The universe gets messy man. I wouldn't think too much about it and just focus on whatever comes forward and with whoever is coming with it...

I don't think so...? I thought I read somewhere that Vigilante would be appearing (soon or at least before Peacemaker). If that's the case, then technically the SS is in this new/shared universe. which would also tie into the Snydverse because of the connection via Harley and other SS members that joined :lol:

The universe gets messy man. I wouldn't think too much about it and just focus on whatever comes forward and with whoever is coming with it...

i could see them sticking around as an Elseworlds property but i would prefer them to be done with ties to the previous universe and not continue to muddle up the new DCU..

Viola Davis has her own project as Amanda Waller scheduled in the Gunn-verse. And she's been around since SS (2016). I don't see how this new DCU is going to be a reboot.

I kind of think those characters that’ll be involved again with the same actors are going to take a Daredevil/Kingpin/Punisher approach marvel is taking from what I’ve read.

i hope the suicide squad is still around. the remaining survivors were all likable.

then again isnt he making an authority movie? arent they basically what peacemaker and his team were doing?

also did they say if they were gonna keep the same supergirl?

mark strong. hes great in almost everything hes cast in.

he was also the villain in kick *** and shazam.

wanted him to be lex luthor when man of steel first came out
Lol ya he'd make a good Lex. I could only remember him from the assassin movie he did with Borat. He's actually funny too :lol:.

Sinestro and Killwog were perfectly cast. Reynolds was fine as well. A complete dog **** script and horrible villain choice did it in.
as bad as the green lantern was, nothing would top x-men origins:Wolverine. the teaser had a lot of promise and potential to it but ended up the polar opposite of a great movie.

i hope that with Gunn running the show things will turn out ok, but ngl it is a bit worrisome knowing that Andy is directing Batman: Brave and The Bold. i mean i did enjoy what he did with the Batmen in The Flash personally but i have an uneasy feeling about it..
Him immediately getting a job in this new DC movie verse after the historical flop of the Flash makes no sense to me.

I don’t know what anyone at WB or Gunn is thinking. They made that announcement like they knew The Flash would already be a hit like when Game of Thrones or House of the Dragon quickly gets renewed for the next season. Yet it is the exact opposite in this case.

And for it to be Batman of all characters?

I lowkey kind of wrote off Gunn’s Batman when it was said he would be older and involve a Robin but it’s w/e I’ll ride out with Battinson for now and hope eventually Batman Beyond will be made.

I get that but Fillion isn’t going to be playing this character long term from what this tells me. Just feels like a waste of a character.
Why not? I just think the casting means the character won’t be that important. Doesn’t mean he won’t keep showing up.

There’s really no reason to overload this universe with a bunch of earth based GLs so soon (or at all really).
With Snyder, DC had its own flair. With gunn in charge, it'll feel like a marvel wannabe.
Highly doubt it.

Gunn has his own specific style. He managed to do some of his style in the MCU but now he has full creative control.

I expect a feel closer to his SS and his other movie Super.

Then again, a Marvel wannabe is a step up from Snyder and his “flair”.
Disappointing because Guy is a great character.
I don’t care for him and like I said there’s just too many earth based GLs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom