DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

As far dc's concerned, it's a detriment if Afleck isn't involved. Though I'll admit, if Bale somehow returns I'll lose my $#@%.

Also they are def done with Battinson unless Batman 2 makes over a billi.

Battinson, Joker etc are safe under that Elseworlds branding. B2 will do great at the box office IMO based on how well B1 was received and the new life thats going to be pumped into the DCU by the time it releases.

Battinson, Joker etc are safe under that Elseworlds branding. B2 will do great at the box office IMO based on how well B1 was received and the new life thats going to be pumped into the DCU by the time it releases.
What I’m saying is the new Batman is suspiciously right after Batman 2 comes out. I don’t see them continuing with both unless it’s a massive success

I think Laterns as described (True Detective in space) sounds like the most interesting project for me.
Yeah out of everything that was announced I think this is the only one that really piqued my interest.

and possibly the Supergirl project.

What I’m saying is the new Batman is suspiciously right after Batman 2 comes out. I don’t see them continuing with both unless it’s a massive success
There's not even a release date for The Brave and the Bold yet.

There's not even a release date for The Brave and the Bold yet.
I thought i saw it was 2026 for B&B

Edit: Gunn said they wanted to do 2 movies and 2 series a year from 2025-2027.

So the Batman 2 is slated for 2025. I doubt they’d have 2 movies in the same year

yah matt reeves batman is gon keep going if he wants to, gunn just emphasized writing more than anything else and so far that film is topnotch on that regard plus dude already has a couple of hbo max series on the work under that universe

joker i can see ending after 2 just because phoenix is kind of all over the place whether he wants to do this or that and phillips doesnt have a good track record with sequels as of yet (hangover 1 was great but 2 and 3 were sh*t)

people also got to stop being hung up on batfleck (admittedly i was jung up on cavill but im over it), dudes version was too old anyways, just let him direct whatever dc project he wants even the new batman

Surprised no one has commented on a Black Superman film scribed by Ta-Nehisi Coates and produced by JJ yet...

They confirmed its still in production/happening

probably because Gunn didnt mention it and most didnt read/caught it

plus that projects seems to be in limbo, theres no director or actor attached and not even sure if there's a screenplay yet

Yup, those are basically DC Black Label projects at this point.

(Context: DC Black Label is their one-shot/non-canon stories)

I hope the Lanterns movie actually goes into production. Interested in seeing how that plays out.

Yup, those are basically DC Black Label projects at this point.

(Context: DC Black Label is their one-shot/non-canon stories)

why-black-rupaul.gif

Shazam 2 will continue to Flash then Flash will reset the universe that leads to Booster Gold and Aquaman 2 (which is probably part of the reset/reboot?)

then the new chapter begins called Gods and Monsters

Creature Commandos (animated)
Waller (live action series)
Superman Legacy (film 7/11/25)
Lanterns (live action series)
The Authority (film)
Paradise Lost (live action series - WW)
Brave and the Bold (film - batman and damian wayne robin)
Booster Gold (live action series)
Supergirl (film)
Swamp Thing (film)

dc elseworlds projects - not part of the main continuity
Batman 2 (reeves)
Joker 2
Teen Titans Go
Teen Titans Go should be canon :lol: Love me some Teen Titans Go.

But I digress...Appreciate their 'Phase 1' being titled 'Gods & Monsters'. I think that's dope.

I hope the Paradise Lost series does involve Diana in someway - he didn't really emphasize if it's pre-Diana, post-Diana or if she will be present.

Regardless, the presence of Superman, Batman and WW will be felt in some capacity in this first chapter and that's really all I was hoping for tbh. Everything else is filling - hopefully it's all good filling, but I really wanna see the main course come correct.

Main thing I'm looking forward to. Wildstorm stuff just more interesting to me.

Love Batman and that they're doing their own thing but I don't care about any of the robins and probably never will.

Hope they tap in to the WW potential with Paradise.

Supergirl joint might be cool.

Don't see a lot of black faces so far but w/e.

Back
Top Bottom