DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

A Batman with a son doesn't really mesh with and alleged younger Superman.

Unless Gunn is cool with his Batman being 5 or 10 years older than his Superman or have Bats be young but with a kid along with Damien's origin as it was in the comics.

I get having to go a different route given Battinson is the "young" Batman.

I think there is enough demand for two Batman franchises
Especially if the storytelling is as good as the last one.

Could easily justify that in it's own, self contained space to go along with another version of the character playing a role in the wider continuity.

There are plenty of eyes and cash at the ready to support both.

Not everything needs to be intertwined 100%. MCU brain has broken a lot of people's expectations when it comes to the storytelling possible in the genre.

Don’t like the concept of Supes
Sketchy with Batman
Lantern seems legit and most likely best of all.
Not even interested in a supergirl movie
Booster Gold seems like it’s gonna be a sleeper which turns out very good.
Miss me with Joker 2 musical, and somehow will be overrated as some great picture.

gunn gets it
1675209347546.jpeg

1675209359727.jpeg

i like the continuity between movies, shows, video games, animation, etc…

but i wonder how actors would take that - because its going to take a good amount of time to do all that if you’re a main stay character. i’m sure the money will be great, but creatively your gonna lock yourself up for a role for the next 10 years or so.

you sign that contract then you’re committed

simple as that

you dont want to be locked in, dont sign

depends who they cast and how big they are already

evans made $300k and making upwards of $20m by endgame and hemsworth who was much less known started at $150k and then $15m for endgame

scarjo who was already famous and got noms started at $400k for a smaller role in IM2 and by AoU she was making $20m

i like the continuity between movies, shows, video games, animation, etc…

but i wonder how actors would take that - because its going to take a good amount of time to do all that if you’re a main stay character. i’m sure the money will be great, but creatively your gonna lock yourself up for a role for the next 10 years or so.

I mentioned this, and I’m washing dishes watching the John Campea show and they end up talking about this in-directly…

My thought was if an A-List actor doesn’t want to commit to a role for 10-years, then it’s onto the next…but Campea and team mentioned if an A-List actor did want to dabble in the DC Universe they got the Elseworld projects that are less committal, just like Battinson, Phoenix, Ryan Gosling, etc…

I understand for all live action movies and TV but I think it’s pointless and potentially even detrimental for video games and animation. Just gonna hold up projects and they might not even be good at voice acting lol

Wonder what this means for The CW

I do wonder how much storylines will be driven in the games/animation format. I doubt the general movie going audience will care to keep up with those storylines to keep up with them.

again, i like it…but i just wonder how much story building will be put into those storylines.

i’ve had to explain WandaVision to family members for them to understand MoM better. I’ve been tellin my wife to catch up on Loki before Quantumania and she just doesn’t care for the Loki series and can’t get past the first episode, and i wonder if it will ruin her experience for Quantumania. i’d imagine general movie going audiences will care less for video games/animations.

A Batman with a son doesn't really mesh with and alleged younger Superman.

Unless Gunn is cool with his Batman being 5 or 10 years older than his Superman or have Bats be young but with a kid along with Damien's origin as it was in the comics.

I get having to go a different route given Battinson is the "young" Batman.
I get what you're saying. Maybe Superman is a set in the past?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Pattinson as canon Batman. I enjoyed him as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I do wonder how much storylines will be driven in the games/animation format. I doubt the general movie going audience will care to keep up with those storylines to keep up with them.

again, i like it…but i just wonder how much story building will be put into those storylines.

i’ve had to explain WandaVision to family members for them to understand MoM better. I’ve been tellin my wife to catch up on Loki before Quantumania and she just doesn’t care for the Loki series and can’t get past the first episode, and i wonder if it will ruin her experience for Quantumania. i’d imagine general movie going audiences will care less for video games/animations.
I think it's safe to assume this plan will be adjusted accordingly as projects begin to roll out. Who knows what the hell Warner will be thinking after DC Phase 1 releases.

Definitely looking forward to all this. I've been wanting to understand more of the DC comics side outside of the main characters.

Can yall trade Marvel Gal Gadot?

Who do you want from Marvel?

Well throw in two 1st Round casting picks.

Back
Top Bottom