"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Singer needs to take notes from Whedon...no one is expecting or wants exact replicas of the cartoon/comics suits or costumes...just an enhanced version....***** all this realistic crap, the movie is about mutants and time travel for God's sake :lol: why would what appeared to be the perfect Wolverine get-up be in a deleted scene...and for 80% of the times we've seen Logan my dude has been shirtless or looking like an extra from Brokeback mountain?...this dude Singer is an idiot...now the one thing dudes have been hyped about most, THE SENTINELS he waits to the last second to reveal what an atrocity they've come up with for the design... :lol:
i bet $50 that the ninja turtle movie will be better than this
damn mathew vaughn shoulda stayed to direct :smh:

Last edited:
You dudes are a bunch of whiny *** *******.

How the **** you expect a comic book company and a movie studio not to change certain things up for a present day release?

If they had released images of these characters like how they were in the comics ya'll would be complaining that they weren't creative enough.

This movie is gonna be great. Let the movie come out and then judge.
Wait, do you think these designs are creative? If the argument is we'd still complain and say it's not creative enough that would mean what they're doing now is creative but it's not. Do you think the Quicksilver design is better than any costume he had in the comics?

At this rate, at the very least they could've just gave us the same costumes cuz it seems everything else is trash.

Also Marvel comics aint even working with FOX for this crap, they're just collecting a check. How is it that Marvel studios has managed to mostly give every hero a similar costume to their comic book counterparts? and SONY has managed something in between as far as designs?

"They’re biomechanical weapons. We had to come up with what would be the ultimate version that could actually, in principle, stop the X-Men. We started with this idea that they were almost made up of magnetic plates slapped over one another, imagining that the plates could contract or grow, so the Sentinel can be skinny to get through a small space or the plates can open up to become a bigger shape. So they have become virtually unstoppable."

Some quotes from the article:

Film after film, it feels like this series just barely works. They've never hit that stride where the studio just finally relaxes and stands back and gives the filmmakers the support to try something really grand. This should be that movie, and while I think there's a lot of it that works on the page, I'm also well aware that I read an early draft and that I've had some big problems with the last few films Singer has made. I'm not sure I would have chased him down and had him back for this movie, but Fox seems to be gambling that Singer will be able to bridge the new films and the old films with one of the most complicated stories anyone's ever tried to tell in one of these superhero movies.

Regarding the Future Sentinel:

This is actually what we're going to see onscreen first, and I was curious to see how different the future Sentinels were from the more traditional design that started this entire parade of character covers. I suspect this will one of the more controversial designs, at least until people learn what these Sentinels were made to do and how that was accomplished. It changes the entire nature of how they fight, and I think it's really intriguing as an idea. We'll see if it pays off.

Lucas Till is Havok

As the cover says, he "absorbs cosmic energy and releases it in plasma blasts," and we learn in this one that Alex Summers has joined the army. He's one of several mutant soldiers who have agreed to be tested by Trask Industries as part of the program that eventually leads to the development of the Sentinels, hence the uniform we see here. I'm not sure about Empire's spelling, though. He's "Havoc" in the script.
Who are these quotes from?

Last edited:
It's from Empire Magazine, the first quote is from John Mahre the production designer for the film describing the future Sentinel. The second set of quotes is from an in depth review of the script and what the covers mean based on an early draft that Drew Moriarty McWeeny.

And I also agree, I think the costume should be better than what we are getting. I mean I gave Singer a pass with X1 and X2 because back then it would have just been ridiculous but at this time and age, where Spiderman can run around in his red & blue spandex with giant white eyes and look cool, there is no more reason to hold back on a more creative way to incorporate yellow and blue in these XMen films.

With that said, we kind of have to look at the context of those costumes and their timeline, these future costumes are from a chaotic time where there have been a lot of mutant deaths and they are the rebels and are always in the hiding so black makes some sense, you don't exactly blend in and hide from the Sentinels wearing blue and yellow.

In the past, Magneto has the maroon-ish/purple get up because he can get away with more color in his gear, we haven't really seen the gear for the past XMen yet. They did try the blue and yellow in First Class and have a WOlverine costume and mask in The Wolverine so maybe (a huge maybe!), just maybe, they actually put Wolverine in the blue and yellow spandex in the past along with the other XMen and they simply did not include it in the covers as a surprise?

So I think we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
bench kitty pride. start jubilee. trade quick silver for rogue and throw throw on the 90s sexy green and yellow wit the knee high jimmy choos. trade toad for...gambit.

im good *shrug*

i kinda disagree with most of the complaints in here, however i AGREE AGREE AGREE with everything quoted

The Future Sentinel (Nimrod?) reminds me of the robots in Spielberg's A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

I'm the worst when judging these films. From the trailers, I thought X-Men: The Last Stand was going to be great and X-Men: First Class would be horrible.

In the end, I grew up on the X-Men and I am still super excited for this film.

Watching first class again on FX
and damn they really pulled it off
To bad the gonna undo what good they did with this dofp trash

Iceman also isn't even made of ice. Instead, he, and all others, wears a leather vest because in the future leather vests are in
Should have used CG on Iceman and Colossus the entire time. If this is Fox's biggest budgeted movie next to Avatar, they should have gone all out. It can be done. Look at all the roles Andy Serkis has had.

Also, I bet you when the film had re-shoots, they ended up adding more Rogue into the storyline.

Singer, this film better fix EVERYTHING in the X-Men film timeline.

Last edited:
Watching first class again on FX
and damn they really pulled it off
To bad the gonna undo what good they did with this dofp trash
It really comes down to Matthew Vaughn directing that and for some reason not wanting to continue and/or FOX not being able to keep him for multiple movies and Brian ****stain Singer doing the first two X-Men and coming back for this and apparently more.

Apparently Vaughn preferred working on his next film, the Secret Service and they kind of rushed into it because there were a bunch of other scripts being submitted to other studios with a similar story like the two Hercules films we are getting this year, which happens a lot in Hollywood (Armageddon/Deep Impact, Prestige/Illusionist, No Strings Attached/Friends w/ Benefits, etc...).

I do believe Vaughn had some hand in the story for DoFP though but at the end of the day it is at the hands of Singer.

At the end of the film though, no matter how bad it is, it'll still reset the universe and they can start from from there so if it's a dud and they drop Singer after a huge failure, it should be easier to start all over with a new director and a brand new script and find a way to work F4 to the mix.

Those two attack the White House movies come to mind :lol: :smh:

I see. When it comes down to it I can totally see Vaughn wanting to do the Secret Service instead of a X-Men movie. It's one of Millar's better works.

Yeah, hopefully if/when this sucks fan outcry is strong enough along with so-so 1st and 2nd weeks #s they drop Singer altogether and try to find somebody else more capable. Can't think of any directors at the moment.

I want to see Brad Bird tackle it, the Incredibles and Ghost Protocol were great and I am hearing good things about Tomorrowland so far.

Don't tell me that's Wanda?

Anyways, more pics.

Last edited:
Singer and Kinberg Talk Days of Future Past, Tease X-Men: Apocalypse

One of the topics of discussion? How does Wolverine have metal claws in the future sequences, given the ending of 2013's The Wolverine?

Without totally revealing the answer, Singer surmised that Magneto could "reconstitute the adamantium claws… [Wolverine] has a different relationship with Magneto, and perhaps Magneto could forge them."

Another question many fans have been asking is why Rogue was given an Empire cover even though it was announced that she would no longer be in the film, or will she be?

"It was one real sequence in the movie," Kinberg said. "We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive."

"It does not mean that we won't see her in the film," Singer adds. "Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I 'm very pleased she will remain as one of Empire's anniversary covers."

And finally, in the latest issue of the magazine, the pair teased the upcoming follow-up film X-Men: Apocalypse.

"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," Singer says. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"

"Age of Apocalypse was one of my favorite stores," Kinberg added. "We like the stakes of it, and it feels like a story that could impact a lot of our favorite characters in big, dramatic ways. We feel it's a very different story from Days of Future Past. For starters, it's a very different villain, and the characters will be in very different places emotionally."

Singer noted that the film, slated for release May 27, 2016, is "more of a First Class sequel" and "It'll take place some time after this movie. What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie."

The director also spoke about those rumors that a "Days if Future Past" post-credit scene would see Magneto possessed by an alien, leading to him becoming Apocalypse. As if that didn't sound silly enough, Singer says they're not true.

"That's not the case, and nor will that particular thing be in the film. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from.”

I want to see Brad Bird tackle it, the Incredibles and Ghost Protocol were great and I am hearing good things about Tomorrowland so far.

Agree completely...

No clue how they gave this to singer after superman returns and jack the giant slayer

I'm really scared for this film...

I'm interested in seeing how/if they will explain the whole Alex and Scott Summers story if they bring back cyclops.

Will quicksilver be referred to as "quicksilver" in both DoFP and A2? I'm thinking A2 will just refer to the siblings as Wanda and Pietro...but those are weird names.

Wolverine having Bone claws when traveling to the past and metal in the future...makes no sense because he's had adamantium since WW2 right?? And this film takes place in the 70's? Unless origins is canon in this movie-verse...which we all was hoping it wouldn't be

Last edited:
10484b5e_BfC7ME2CMAAypBH.jpeg

2361762.jpg

I can only imagine what Cable would look like, lol...
And why they do Rogue like that...smh
Need her and Gambit in a movie for real...

Last edited:
You can't mention bishop without cable either and since Apocalypse is suppose to be the overarching antagonist that means Mr. Sinister somewhere in all this right? Cable and Sinister? That means Jean Grey? (or her at least her DNA?)

Or I can just accept I'm asking for too much from this POS director :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom