Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
All those people that are offended only focused on the "offensive" stuff but didn't catch the stuff w substance. To name a few:

"If you want them to change the gun laws, all the black people register to carry legal fire arms" (I'm paraphrasing but that was the takeaway).
"If I make fun of you it's because I see myself in you"
Daphne telling him, "Making fun of trans people normalizes them"

SMH

Screenshot_20190828-164521_Google News.jpg

Yeah they lock phones up. And i think it was fake too, it was too loud and clear, and if someone snuck the phone in the they would be an idiot to not have it on silent.
They put your phone in a bag that locks, but you hold onto the bag/phone at all times. Then when you leave they unlock it on your way out.

So in this case, it was probably locked up but wasn't on silent.

Huge Chappelle fan - the first half or so of the new standup wasn't that funny to me, partially because the jokes weren't necessarily offensive but were off-base. The whole "Dave, you can't say ****** cuz you're not gay / while I'm not a ****** either" punchline didn't hit for me at all. Wasn't even a matter of being offended, it just didn't make sense to me - there's a reason I don't care if my boys call me ***** but I'm heated if a white person does, and assuming Dave is similar then it just felt hypocritical and nonsensical. Also just kind of tired of hearing him talk about Michael Jackson. I'm in the camp that really dgaf if Michael did it or not, but I've heard Dave talk about Michael in at LEAST three specials and he's kinda just re-hashing the material, even if the #MeToo movement makes it relevant again now. There were definitely some moments in the first half (I screamed at the "a lot of gay men in the audience sitting next to their wives") but was meh overall.

The last half of the special I REALLY enjoyed. Especially loved his bit about how the heroine epidemic has brought people together because we as Black people dgaf about it now the same way that Whites didn't care about crack. It was a rock solid, hilarious point. Same with his point around every black person in America having a duty to buy a gun in order to change gun laws (although I'm pretty sure this joke was slightly rehashed, too - still funny af though).

Dave's always been one of the greatest to ever do it because he brings to light the contradictions in mainstream social commentary. Dude has amazing insights that call out the BS in larger society, so when it hits it's instantly relatable and also forces everyone listening to be introspective for a moment about their own BS. Unfortunately it's also a double-edged sword when he makes comments that don't jive well with common sense. Overall not my favorite special but definitely hilarious - would put it below his other Netflix stuff for now.
This was pretty much how I felt about it. Could've done without the first 20 min or so.

Thought it was awesome.
And he right. Blacks start registering fir guns and you know damn well whites gon make a move.

bros I hate this new super open culture so much. I feel for Louis ck and ansari so much.

I hate the people championing and Dave does he best impression of all these twitter champions looking to put their crappy opinion in the world.

Hannah gradsby is what they want stand up comedy to be. And I hate her guts

A lot of "hate" in my post but dam they made them Internet this toxic place to be

Already know who you're talking about, teddies was on display

I was looking for her and one with pink on.

Thought the special was funny, not gut busting like watching OG Chappelle stuff for the first time, but still funny. I like who early jokes of his always tie into stuff later on. Also, anybody that gets offended I feel like completely missed every social commentary tie-in, and it's honestly kinda pathetic.

From the LGBT joke set up to the end was brilliant.
Before that it was ok. I will say the part about standards and practices didn't make me laugh out loud but it was a fascinating take. More of an enlightening moment than a lol one.

Anyone else caught the part where he was quoting Kevin Hart and he said he couldn't tell other people's jokes well?
Was I the only one who thought that was a light jab at Kev having a team of writers? The audience seemed to miss that. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it.

I liked it, I lost it when he kept talking about a “heroin crazed white” or whatever. :lol:

It’s stand up, if you’re offended go to your safe space. It ain’t for you.

Back
Top Bottom