Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Great social commentary .

I was highly entertained.

I didn't HA HA much but I was highly entertained.

School shooter got the biggest chuckle from me. "Showing potential shooter all of the procedures."

I felt like I was watching Paul Mooney.

Damn good.

That, the part comparing whites with heroine to blacks with crack in the 80s, and the black guy inside a Chinese man’s body in relation to transgender were really good and spot on

Nobody mentioned Anthony Bourdain killing himself and Dave's homie that lived with his mom? Lol. The black/Chinese guy reminded me of his 'just because I'm dressed this way' bit from killing em softly

I was wondering what happened to baby with the lime green in the front row. Maybe it was her phone that went off? One second she was there then she was gone. I was looking forward to staring at her for the whole show
I rewatched a good chunk of it again paying attention to the audience and the editing for this was EXCELLENT.

Dave had to have performed the special twice at least. Maybe 3 times. The crowd in the first few rows changes more than once.

Shorty in yellow to Dave's right disappears. There's a dude in the front row with a Flash shirt that isnt there at times. And as mentioned shorty in green and shorty in pink in the front row.

Last edited:
Idk why but i loved that he began it with the a prince joint. And i listened to the epilogue today and wished it was longer i enjoyed it.

Specials are usually recorded with multiple audiences.

I noticed some famous people in the Epilogue audience. Busta Rhymes, Shaun King, Judd Apatow, John Mayer, Andy Cohen.

Great comedy drenched in irony, sarcasm. Chappell knows that it is over for white america, and his pointed routine about heroin was greatly appreciated by this Black man. 2000 zero, zero, party’ over oops! Out of time!

What could he possibly say about that unless he wanted to defend Louis using N- in his bits?

The whole theme of Dave's set is sticks and stones...

I don’t know what he would say. That’s the entire point of watching his set, to hear his perspective. Given he bought up his name and recent controversy to defend C.K.

Let's be honest tho, Carlin had a famous Pryor bit that used the n word. It never gets brought up. I think the sexual indecency or whatever the **** Louie did opened up the floodgates for everything else he's ever done.

I don’t know what he would say. That’s the entire point of watching his set, to hear his perspective. Given he bought up his name and recent controversy to defend C.K.
Yeah but again Louis saying the n word is old news while masturbating is what got him "cancelled".

I rewatched a good chunk of it again paying attention to the audience and the editing for this was EXCELLENT.

Dave had to have performed the special twice at least. Maybe 3 times. The crowd in the first few rows changes more than once.

Shorty in yellow to Dave's right disappears. There's a dude in the front row with a Flash shirt that isnt there at times. And as mentioned shorty in green and shorty in pink in the front row.

Shout out to him putting his more expensive venues on game though. Like you could have had a weekend getaway and still saw the show for less than what you paid now.

It’s sort of the laugh now cry later theory.
Humor opens the emotional floodgate to let things go over our heads. I think chappelle is trying to convince us to take the emotional side out and buy guns. Or maybe I’m just high as fuh

I laughed my *** off this special.
Honestly the outcry against him has been annoying.
Same people that aren’t black and will laugh at his jokes about cops killing and sprinkling crack on black people and other things regarding their plight in America got a problem now. And probably will watch the Eddie Murphy special even though he exclusively called gay people ****** between his 2 major specials.

Started slow IMO but enjoyed the rest + epilogue. I def see why folks are upset (doesn't take much these days :smh:) but as a whole that **** was undeniably funny :lol:

Nothing is undeniably funny since we all have different tastes.

If someone was NOT entertained, I could easily see how/why.

Huge Chappelle fan - the first half or so of the new standup wasn't that funny to me, partially because the jokes weren't necessarily offensive but were off-base. The whole "Dave, you can't say ****** cuz you're not gay / while I'm not a ****** either" punchline didn't hit for me at all. Wasn't even a matter of being offended, it just didn't make sense to me - there's a reason I don't care if my boys call me ***** but I'm heated if a white person does, and assuming Dave is similar then it just felt hypocritical and nonsensical. Also just kind of tired of hearing him talk about Michael Jackson. I'm in the camp that really dgaf if Michael did it or not, but I've heard Dave talk about Michael in at LEAST three specials and he's kinda just re-hashing the material, even if the #MeToo movement makes it relevant again now. There were definitely some moments in the first half (I screamed at the "a lot of gay men in the audience sitting next to their wives") but was meh overall.

The last half of the special I REALLY enjoyed. Especially loved his bit about how the heroine epidemic has brought people together because we as Black people dgaf about it now the same way that Whites didn't care about crack. It was a rock solid, hilarious point. Same with his point around every black person in America having a duty to buy a gun in order to change gun laws (although I'm pretty sure this joke was slightly rehashed, too - still funny af though).

Dave's always been one of the greatest to ever do it because he brings to light the contradictions in mainstream social commentary. Dude has amazing insights that call out the BS in larger society, so when it hits it's instantly relatable and also forces everyone listening to be introspective for a moment about their own BS. Unfortunately it's also a double-edged sword when he makes comments that don't jive well with common sense. Overall not my favorite special but definitely hilarious - would put it below his other Netflix stuff for now.

i feel that same way

it really started kinda slow

Back
Top Bottom