Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
ima need to go back a check myself but case in point;

when he did the abortion joke the audience seemingly agreed (as the female cheers reigned) that they (females) should be able to choose their decision onto aborting it or not. the SECOND he says but "I believe as a man I should choose not to put money on it" look into crowd on the left side. chick in a yellow top hits a laugh then shakes her head.
giphy.gif
I haven't seen the epilogue. saw it on my pc.

loved the LGBTQ car joke. what he was trying to get at does have weight to it tho. society has been easing into the gay community and families are being amending or even fully embracing of it all then the rise of the trans movement comes in and you get all the Karens-Billy Bob's-Facebook parents believing everything they see on the news and so called studies of when are you a man or woman technically, half your brain is female the other is male, further polarising our sexes. now I don't know what my true identity is, how would i figure out what my child's is or what he thinks his is

stand up was great
dave is so cot damn talented

running it back tonight

Don't forget entitled pc folks. A restaurant with dozens of people played a random song by someone she isn't fond of now she feels she doesn't have to pay for her items :smh:

Yeah hearing it 3rd party or from the comfort of your couch is one thing, but you head out to the actual show and then be offended?

they should just make a universal disclaimer for all entertainment that it might offend you if you are easily offended

stand up was great! His best out of all the netflix ones.
not sure if mentioned, anyone else feel like the phone that rang was setup?
the sound felt too clear like it was playing through the speakers and dont they lock the phones up?

the sound felt too clear like it was playing through the speakers and dont they lock the phones up?

Was MJ's (first)Final shot a setup? Greatness happens. That question is a tell-tale sign you're spending too much time on social media.

Huge Chappelle fan - the first half or so of the new standup wasn't that funny to me, partially because the jokes weren't necessarily offensive but were off-base. The whole "Dave, you can't say ****** cuz you're not gay / while I'm not a ****** either" punchline didn't hit for me at all. Wasn't even a matter of being offended, it just didn't make sense to me - there's a reason I don't care if my boys call me ***** but I'm heated if a white person does, and assuming Dave is similar then it just felt hypocritical and nonsensical. Also just kind of tired of hearing him talk about Michael Jackson. I'm in the camp that really dgaf if Michael did it or not, but I've heard Dave talk about Michael in at LEAST three specials and he's kinda just re-hashing the material, even if the #MeToo movement makes it relevant again now. There were definitely some moments in the first half (I screamed at the "a lot of gay men in the audience sitting next to their wives") but was meh overall.

The last half of the special I REALLY enjoyed. Especially loved his bit about how the heroine epidemic has brought people together because we as Black people dgaf about it now the same way that Whites didn't care about crack. It was a rock solid, hilarious point. Same with his point around every black person in America having a duty to buy a gun in order to change gun laws (although I'm pretty sure this joke was slightly rehashed, too - still funny af though).

Dave's always been one of the greatest to ever do it because he brings to light the contradictions in mainstream social commentary. Dude has amazing insights that call out the BS in larger society, so when it hits it's instantly relatable and also forces everyone listening to be introspective for a moment about their own BS. Unfortunately it's also a double-edged sword when he makes comments that don't jive well with common sense. Overall not my favorite special but definitely hilarious - would put it below his other Netflix stuff for now.

Yeah they lock phones up. And i think it was fake too, it was too loud and clear, and if someone snuck the phone in the they would be an idiot to not have it on silent.

That part was so perfect I still can't tell if it was staged

Bro he was JUST talking about how the LGBT letters get all hurt and won’t let you do anything in Hollywood. I thought for sure that was gonna be one of the letters telling him he couldn’t finish the joke :rofl:

First comedy special I’ve watched multiple times and told friends about since probably the late 90’s to be honest. Dave’s the undisputed pound-for-pound at this point. aepps20 aepps20

Bro he was JUST talking about how the LGBT letters get all hurt and won’t let you do anything in Hollywood. I thought for sure that was gonna be one of the letters telling him he couldn’t finish the joke :rofl:

First comedy special I’ve watched multiple times and told friends about since probably the late 90’s to be honest. Dave’s the undisputed pound-for-pound at this point. aepps20 aepps20

No arguments here. I became a CONSERVATIVE when he put a spotlight on #BLACKS4TRUMP and #COALGANG founder Clayton Bigsby.

Back
Top Bottom