Dating advice, tips, etc...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by RyeNO

this is only one small aspect of the big picture OP, but there is nothing wrong with paying, esp. if it's your first date with the lady. My secret is that I try to do afternoon first dates (lunch is cheaper than dinner; if you wanna go the movie route, matinee prices can usually be had; etc).

You don't want to set a trend of paying for everything though, thats for sure. If the girl is into you and she says she wants to pay next time, let her. In a good relationship, it doesn't matter who pays; it's that youre out together thats most important.
Yea in a RELATIONSHIP it doesn't matter, but he doesn't need to get into the habit of paying for ALL of these "1st dates" because it is "the right thing to do. We as men have too many first dates to be spending $ on ALL of them. Add that $ up and you will seriously question why you do it. Again, best first date is to go somewhere where you can just talk and focus on each other.
good stuff, sir. Personally I don't have a lot of first dates because there is usually a 2nd or 3rd....
pimp.gif

i'm at university at the moment, but i can't say i have gone the starbucks route...

and thanks for some of the pointers

2hy9ukk.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

• Be yourself
  • You're your best option. If you're single and just dating you should have at least 2 on deck or some homegirls you can kick it with. You dont have to sleep with every female you meet but keep your options open. 9/10, the girl you're dating has some dude in her life so dont be shocked. If she's talking to an "ex" especially, keep your options stacked even more.
  • If you listen to women talk, you can tell if they're out there and if you wanna wife them. Learn to listen.
  • Dont be insecure about her male friends. If you have female friends, it negates that.
  • Be honest with a girl. It saves a lotta surprises and all that. Be tactful too. If shes asks what you think about relationships and all, I personally say "If its gonna happen, it'll happen. Im not in a rush and I like playing things how they come". It works like a charm. Maybe its my personality or charisma.....
  • Dont expect anything from her but expect anything to happen or to hear a lotta stuff you might not want to hear. Hope that makes sense
  • You're gonna meet some weak broads. Look at them individually and not as an indicator of all of them.
  • If you invite you pay. If she does, she pays. /that.
  • Women are less likely to act funny if you get them to "invest" in you (time, $, emotions). You have to show your personality is worth it.
  • DONT MAKE HER YOUR END ALL BE ALL. Ever.

Be yourself
if you have a good sense of humor your already in
avoid making fun of her
make her feel comfortable
make sure you don't force her into something, let her feel like she can say no
go for light touches on the first date i.e. squeezing arm, caressing her hair back, maybe holding hands
ask questions that will start a discussion but do not bring up abortion/religion/poloitics/sports
do not bring up anythign sexual

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

qft. i appreciate guys who still practice chivalry. dont get me wrong if im dating someone i will pay on some dates. i am not expecting for dude to come out the pocket everytime. but at least first date.
Why should he?
if the guy invites the girl...then he should pay...
if the girl invites the guy...then she should pay...

basic tenets of host/guest.
agreed.

DCALLAmerican... why shouldnt he?

I am old and also old fashioned so thats the way i was brought up. i dont know about the youth of today. a lot of things have changed but i am set in my waysand although you may not agree i will end up with someone who will.

From my experience, they'll think: On one end, you're mysterious and some consider it "cute." On the other, you lack confidence and are notoutgoing.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

2hy9ukk.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

• Be yourself
  • You're your best option. If you're single and just dating you should have at least 2 on deck or some homegirls you can kick it with. You dont have to sleep with every female you meet but keep your options open. 9/10, the girl you're dating has some dude in her life so dont be shocked. If she's talking to an "ex" especially, keep your options stacked even more.
  • If you listen to women talk, you can tell if they're out there and if you wanna wife them. Learn to listen.
  • Dont be insecure about her male friends. If you have female friends, it negates that.
  • Be honest with a girl. It saves a lotta surprises and all that. Be tactful too. If shes asks what you think about relationships and all, I personally say "If its gonna happen, it'll happen. Im not in a rush and I like playing things how they come". It works like a charm. Maybe its my personality or charisma.....
  • Dont expect anything from her but expect anything to happen or to hear a lotta stuff you might not want to hear. Hope that makes sense
  • You're gonna meet some weak broads. Look at them individually and not as an indicator of all of them.
  • If you invite you pay. If she does, she pays. /that.
  • Women are less likely to act funny if you get them to "invest" in you (time, $, emotions). You have to show your personality is worth it.
  • DONT MAKE HER YOUR END ALL BE ALL. Ever.
chuch.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

never pay for the date, always split (or else you're sending the wrong messages, aka you have nothing else to offer and you're a simp)
Really?
Why do you ask? As far as I know, we're splitting the check. If the girl even implies or hints that I am paying for everything then bestbelieve that's the last date that'll ever be between us. (First date basis, but I go by this even on the 2nd...maybe 3rd date too). Also, you can tellif the girl is diggin you too because I've happened to come across girls who'll be the first to shell out for the date for both of us.

Edit: Magnus covered everything else....yet again. Haha, listen to that dude, I read and agreed with all the points.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom