Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

touchy subject I dont want to speak on. Its getting worse and worse too.
co sign
an bein a light skin dude who only likes light skin/mixed complexion type chicks i dont even think i can throw in my 2 cents

but this subject bothers me for some reason

no for real, like i love spanish chicks all day............an sometimes they wanna talk slick about black chicks or why i dont talk to em an i shut that (&#$ dont real quick. 
grin.gif
I feel you on that, cuz see you have your preferences just like I got mines but certain dudes just say outlandish stuff. Think it might be all these new hip-hop songs talking bout redbones like your losing if your not talking to one
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. Yeah I know what you mean with some of the spanish chicks. Not all though but some talk slick just like that. The way I look at things is if she looks good, she looks. No matter the complexion/ethnicity etc etc. Some dudes just take it overboard though. It goes even deeper than that and people thinking they are "dirty"
tired.gif

Nowadays I just take is as people have their preference no matter what they say. Its the disrespect that bothers me.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

touchy subject I dont want to speak on. Its getting worse and worse too.
co sign
an bein a light skin dude who only likes light skin/mixed complexion type chicks i dont even think i can throw in my 2 cents

but this subject bothers me for some reason

no for real, like i love spanish chicks all day............an sometimes they wanna talk slick about black chicks or why i dont talk to em an i shut that (&#$ dont real quick. 
grin.gif
I feel you on that, cuz see you have your preferences just like I got mines but certain dudes just say outlandish stuff. Think it might be all these new hip-hop songs talking bout redbones like your losing if your not talking to one
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. Yeah I know what you mean with some of the spanish chicks. Not all though but some talk slick just like that. The way I look at things is if she looks good, she looks. No matter the complexion/ethnicity etc etc. Some dudes just take it overboard though. It goes even deeper than that and people thinking they are "dirty"
tired.gif

Nowadays I just take is as people have their preference no matter what they say. Its the disrespect that bothers me.

yea man
the most offended ive ever been was when a mami told me black girl P is ugly, an started to go into detail of why it was ugly

i was like.....
eek.gif

I was in a similar situation my self, sadly. I was bothered by it but it didn't stop me from talking to the girl. I like to think that if it happened today I wouldn't let it slide though.

yea man
the most offended ive ever been was when a mami told me black girl P is ugly, an started to go into detail of why it was ugly

i was like.....
eek.gif

I was in a similar situation my self, sadly. I was bothered by it but it didn't stop me from talking to the girl. I like to think that if it happened today I wouldn't let it slide though.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH

It hurts me deep man. I just don't understand how people can have that much hate for someone else just based on their skin color. It baffles me.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH

It hurts me deep man. I just don't understand how people can have that much hate for someone else just based on their skin color. It baffles me.

Originally Posted by calikev34

AYO IMA LET YOU FINISH BUT THIS "DARK SKINNED HATE" ON NT IS TIRED AF
People love light skinned women. Why? BECAUSE THAT *#%+ IS SEXY

PALE PEOPLE ARE LOOKED DOWN UPON

DARK PEOPLE ARE LOOKED DOWN UPON

you get teased/treated differently for either one

that millato color (sorry, I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm Ep where Larry kept saying that *#%+)  light brown is aesthetically pleasing 

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

and im white. come at me bros
The two types of chicks I'm most attracted to are pale White girls and dark skin Black girls. 
Manny-Ramirez-drugs-suspended.jpg

that millato color (sorry, I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm Ep where Larry kept saying that *#%+)  light brown is aesthetically pleasing 

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

The two types of chicks I'm most attracted to are pale White girls and dark skin Black girls. 
Manny-Ramirez-drugs-suspended.jpg

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by RavageBX

imo, none of the girls in the video were attractive except for the one at 2:00. and not because they were dark skin, just because they had unattractive features. just my opinion though
What's your point? When a lightskin person is ugly do ppl say "eww you're lightskin"?
i guess my point wasn't directly pointed at the main topic at hand, more of something i thought along the way.

i've heard the same kind of stuff around my household before (indian). one summer i just happened to go out every single day and got noticeably darker and my grandma told me i needed to stay in more because "i was getting darker, and i looked like a south indian" 
ohwell.gif
That's a shame 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

imo, none of the girls in the video were attractive except for the one at 2:00. and not because they were dark skin, just because they had unattractive features. just my opinion though
What's your point? When a lightskin person is ugly do ppl say "eww you're lightskin"?
i guess my point wasn't directly pointed at the main topic at hand, more of something i thought along the way.

i've heard the same kind of stuff around my household before (indian). one summer i just happened to go out every single day and got noticeably darker and my grandma told me i needed to stay in more because "i was getting darker, and i looked like a south indian" 
ohwell.gif
That's a shame 
tired.gif

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

maaaaaan... shut the hell up...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

people like what's NOT NORMAL...

go over to places w/ light skinned people, and see how much love white/black people get...

it has nothing to do with color... people are attracted to EXOTICS, fool...

stuff that you dont see every day...

the hell is wrong w/ you?

no perspective of the world? ITS BIGGER THAN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, BRO...

i bet you prolly have never lived in multiple states, much less been out the country...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

maaaaaan... shut the hell up...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

people like what's NOT NORMAL...

go over to places w/ light skinned people, and see how much love white/black people get...

it has nothing to do with color... people are attracted to EXOTICS, fool...

stuff that you dont see every day...

the hell is wrong w/ you?

no perspective of the world? ITS BIGGER THAN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, BRO...

i bet you prolly have never lived in multiple states, much less been out the country...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ppl have been fed that white/light= good and black/dark=bad since the two pigments came in contact with one another. The media also force feeds it and fools eat it up. I'm the type that loves women of all shades. The media plays a big role in what ppl like.

In the 20's it was sexy for a woman to smoke thanks to the media and men ate it up. Ppl are just scared and confused. U want the whites go from wanting nothing to do w/ darker skin or blacks in general to getting tanned, listening to rap, %%% and lip injections, etc. Blacks went from processing hair to look more "white" ala Detroit Red, accepting their color to black pride, to skin bleaching and disassociatin themselves from anything that is black. News flash, u still black and other races will let u know it.

Every woman has something unique and beautiful about them.

Ppl have been fed that white/light= good and black/dark=bad since the two pigments came in contact with one another. The media also force feeds it and fools eat it up. I'm the type that loves women of all shades. The media plays a big role in what ppl like.

In the 20's it was sexy for a woman to smoke thanks to the media and men ate it up. Ppl are just scared and confused. U want the whites go from wanting nothing to do w/ darker skin or blacks in general to getting tanned, listening to rap, %%% and lip injections, etc. Blacks went from processing hair to look more "white" ala Detroit Red, accepting their color to black pride, to skin bleaching and disassociatin themselves from anything that is black. News flash, u still black and other races will let u know it.

Every woman has something unique and beautiful about them.

A rising trend I've noticed around my way, white boys and the same type of dark skinned girls being discussed in this thread.

A rising trend I've noticed around my way, white boys and the same type of dark skinned girls being discussed in this thread.

The Natural Mystic wrote:Nikekidwonder wrote:Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 
 SMH

us darkskin people have to be strong for the hate.... without dark it wont be any light

The Natural Mystic wrote:Nikekidwonder wrote:Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 
 SMH

us darkskin people have to be strong for the hate.... without dark it wont be any light

yea man

i was like.....
eek.gif
Ignorance. Ive seen some ugly white girl P and some pretty black girl P.  It all depends on the P. Honestly,  ive seen uglier white girl P.

yea man

i was like.....
eek.gif
Ignorance. Ive seen some ugly white girl P and some pretty black girl P.  It all depends on the P. Honestly,  ive seen uglier white girl P.

Originally Posted by Dropten

yea man

i was like.....
eek.gif

that entire breakdown was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom