Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

yea man
the most offended ive ever been was when a mami told me black girl P is ugly, an started to go into detail of why it was ugly

i was like.....
eek.gif

This is something I've been seeing for years, mainly how the media pushes dark skin women into a whole different genre and I've even seen studies on it. As a black man, it hurts my heart and it always will.

This is something I've been seeing for years, mainly how the media pushes dark skin women into a whole different genre and I've even seen studies on it. As a black man, it hurts my heart and it always will.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So if you’re currently using skin bleaching creams, you’re not getting the full on effect unless the product was smuggled in from a foreign country (like Africa) which still allows the use of said chemicals.

laugh.gif

And it's deep seeded.

Yes, that's the only thing I took from this thread.
Africa should and is trying become a country, but look at what they are doing to the people trying to bring this about...

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So if you’re currently using skin bleaching creams, you’re not getting the full on effect unless the product was smuggled in from a foreign country (like Africa) which still allows the use of said chemicals.

laugh.gif

And it's deep seeded.

Yes, that's the only thing I took from this thread.
Africa should and is trying become a country, but look at what they are doing to the people trying to bring this about...

Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH

Being black myself it always secretly hurt me when i hear my boys talk bad about dark skin girls and most of them are dark skin themselves with dark skin mothers and sisters its so sad how the media is able to brainwash people into hating themselves and their own people 

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by do work son

imo, none of the girls in the video were attractive except for the one at 2:00. and not because they were dark skin, just because they had unattractive features. just my opinion though
What's your point? When a lightskin person is ugly do ppl say "eww you're lightskin"?
i guess my point wasn't directly pointed at the main topic at hand, more of something i thought along the way.

i've heard the same kind of stuff around my household before (indian). one summer i just happened to go out every single day and got noticeably darker and my grandma told me i needed to stay in more because "i was getting darker, and i looked like a south indian" 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by do work son

imo, none of the girls in the video were attractive except for the one at 2:00. and not because they were dark skin, just because they had unattractive features. just my opinion though
What's your point? When a lightskin person is ugly do ppl say "eww you're lightskin"?
i guess my point wasn't directly pointed at the main topic at hand, more of something i thought along the way.

i've heard the same kind of stuff around my household before (indian). one summer i just happened to go out every single day and got noticeably darker and my grandma told me i needed to stay in more because "i was getting darker, and i looked like a south indian" 
ohwell.gif

AYO IMA LET YOU FINISH BUT THIS "DARK SKINNED HATE" ON NT IS TIRED AF
People love light skinned women. Why? BECAUSE THAT *#%+ IS SEXY

PALE PEOPLE ARE LOOKED DOWN UPON

DARK PEOPLE ARE LOOKED DOWN UPON

you get teased/treated differently for either one

that millato color (sorry, I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm Ep where Larry kept saying that *#%+)  light brown is aesthetically pleasing 

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

and im white. come at me bros

that millato color (sorry, I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm Ep where Larry kept saying that *#%+)  light brown is aesthetically pleasing 

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH
QFT

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

30t6p3b.gif
 SMH
QFT

Originally Posted by calikev34

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

can-of-worms-o.jpg

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

can-of-worms-o.jpg

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

and you just kicked a bee hive with flip flops on...

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

and you just kicked a bee hive with flip flops on...

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

you got a point... thats why you got people trying to get tans... maybe they might make a video on pale women as well
tired.gif

so dead that *#%+ man

mixed girls > *

you got a point... thats why you got people trying to get tans... maybe they might make a video on pale women as well
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom