Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

That's impossible, cause it was your post I was responding to. Embrace the L already.
These dudes trying to flip it and bounce it on some ********...not sounding right first of all.

Remember Ghostface on the shark ****** interlude?

laugh.gif

there are def a lot of dark skin women that get slept on.

Very true but what is also true (in my POV of course) is that the darker female ten to be the ones that are ape **** crazy (not all).
Black women in all shades are all good in my book.

I'll never understand how skin color factors into some peoples dating decisions. It's utterly ridiculous if you ask me and not comparable to height, weight, shape etc. at all. 
Explain how it's not comparable to height. Both are preferences about things the other person cannot control.

Skin tone like height affects how someone looks.
Because there are legitimate ramifications attached to height. Perhaps you don't want your kids to be short. Nothing wrong with that. Or perhaps you're short and don't want to feel self-conscious about dating someone much taller and vice versa. These are legitimate concerns. Tell me what legitimate concerns there are with skin color that fall outside of stereotypes and discriminatory ideals?

after watching a second time, i think the selection of women ruined the credibility of the film.

by picking all unattractive women, it makes the film more of a pity party.

chicks looking like keyshia cole sister neffie talmbout "nobody wants me..."

they should've shown a more balanced representation of dark women. beautiful, moderately attractive and unattractive, and shown the constants in their mistreatment and how the prejudices towards them transcend beauty.

i luh my black sisters though.

I'll never understand how skin color factors into some peoples dating decisions. It's utterly ridiculous if you ask me and not comparable to height, weight, shape etc. at all. 

Explain how it's not comparable to height. Both are preferences about things the other person cannot control.

Because there are legitimate ramifications attached to height. Perhaps you don't want your kids to be short. Nothing wrong with that. Or perhaps you're short and don't want to feel self-conscious about dating someone much taller and vice versa. These are legitimate concerns. Tell me what legitimate concerns there are with skin color that fall outside of stereotypes and discriminatory ideals?

I wasn't talking about genetic selection.

I'm talking about how some dudes have a preference for height in what they think is attractive.

Me and one of my good friends are both 6'2. He rarely gets at girls below 5'6. I rarely get at girls above 5'6.

And it's not cuz he wants his kids to be tall and I don't care. Those are our preferences for what we find attractive and neither of us are close to marriage or kids

What that "preference" boils down to is how the height makes you feel. You can't tell me a few inches vertically either way is making a difference in whether you consider a girl to be beautiful or not b lol. I'm not buying that at all. If you prefer shorter women I'm not inclined to believe its because you consider them to be more beautiful generally, but instead because you're more comfortable with shorter women.

What that "preference" boils down to is how the height makes you feel. You can't tell me a few inches vertically either way is making a difference in whether you consider a girl to be beautiful or not b lol. I'm not buying that at all. If you prefer shorter women I'm not inclined to believe its because you consider them to be more beautiful generally, but instead because you're more comfortable with shorter women.

Obviously I'm not taking a measuring tape out and saying "5'7? Oh nevermind" but I'm much more likely to choose someone who is 5'2 vs 5'10. I chose 5'6 as an arbitrary number close to the middle.

I prefer petite chicks. That's what I find more attractive. That doesn't mean I don't smash tall chicks.

It's the same way with skin color. I'm not doing paper bag tests on chicks and I still smash dark chicks, just have a preference for light ones.

How is it different/any worse than the dudes saying "I love my chocolate sistas"? As long as I'm not putting down darker women and not rejecting nice ones (come find me Kelly Rowland) I should be able to have a preference.

correct. People here acting like attraction is voluntary. You can't make yourself attracted to something your not naturally attracted to.

height discreimination isnt something you hear about regularly. Most men prefer women shorter than them and most women prefer men taller than them but if a woman says "I need my man to be at least 6'2" that would just be being picky as opposed to "self hate". You dont see beauty commercials advertising products to make yourself appear taller likey the do for skin tone

height discreimination isnt something you hear about regularly. Most men prefer women shorter than them and most women prefer men taller than them but if a woman says "I need my man to be at least 6'2" that would just be being picky as opposed to "self hate". You dont see beauty commercials advertising products to make yourself appear taller likey the do for skin tone

But I'm light so preferring light women can't be self hate then right? :lol:

Obviously I'm not taking a measuring tape out and saying "5'7? Oh nevermind" but I'm much more likely to choose someone who is 5'2 vs 5'10. I chose 5'6 as an arbitrary number close to the middle.

I prefer petite chicks. That's what I find more attractive. That doesn't mean I don't smash tall chicks.

It's the same way with skin color. I'm not doing paper bag tests on chicks and I still smash dark chicks, just have a preference for light ones.

How is it different/any worse than the dudes saying "I love my chocolate sistas"? As long as I'm not putting down darker women and not rejecting nice ones (come find me Kelly Rowland) I should be able to have a preference.
It isn't different or any worse. Pretty much equally ridiculous in my eyes. It's not about light and dark to me, its about the need to even consider skin color in the first place. It is an insignificant factor made relevant by an agenda that has spanned centuries.

This is america. We judge everything and we hate everything.

I judge people the way I judge myself. So characteristics a female is born with I dont' judge unless there unkept. Only things a person can change about themselve for the better is what I judge i.e weight.

Discreimination is something that is learnt. So if people have there preferences than let them have it. It's what they see to be ture. I see it as being limiting.

It isn't different or any worse. Pretty much equally ridiculous in my eyes. It's not about light and dark to me, its about the need to even consider skin color in the first place. It is an insignificant factor made relevant by an agenda that has spanned centuries.

but how you can you say height is preference and skin color isn't?

they're both genetic and the person had nothing to do with it.

edit:?

seems like the same argument can be used for both?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom