Darius Miles?

pimp.gif
Good. I just wanna see the dude play.

The Grizz dont play again until tomorrow night.....

So no, miles has not played agian...but best believe I will be flipping between the Utah v. Memphis game and my brothers game to try and catch Miles steppingonto that court...I wanna see his face when he gets 18 mil

Originally Posted by bballah3

So no, miles has not played agian...but best believe I will be flipping between the Utah v. Memphis game and my brothers game to try and catch Miles stepping onto that court...I wanna see his face when he gets 18 mil
I see that not everyone understands whats going on. Miles gets the 18 million from the Blazers whether he playsthe ten games or not. The problem for the Blazers is that only after the 10th game, that 18 mil goes on their salary cap. Miles is not playing for themoney, he gets the 18 mil regardless...he is just trying to prove to everyone he still got it. He also mentioned that he wants his kid(s) to see him play.

Originally Posted by biggieeb0y

he is just trying to prove to everyone he still got it. He also mentioned that he wants his kid(s) to see him play.
Good for him
happy.gif

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

he should go to the knicks so he can reunited with q-rich...if he still has the legs and explosiveness hed be good for d'antoni
I have the dopest picture from an ESPN magazine on my bulletin board in my room from my Soph. year of high school ...

So no, miles has not played agian...but best believe I will be flipping between the Utah v. Memphis game and my brothers game to try and catch Miles stepping onto that court...I wanna see his face when he gets 18 mil
I see that not everyone understands whats going on. Miles gets the 18 million from the Blazers whether he plays the ten games or not. The problem for the Blazers is that only after the 10th game, that 18 mil goes on their salary cap. Miles is not playing for the money, he gets the 18 mil regardless...he is just trying to prove to everyone he still got it. He also mentioned that he wants his kid(s) to see him play.

No. He has to PLAY. Thats part of the whole "career ending injury" stigma that the Blazers put on him...he has to step on the court and check intothe game.

And yeah...Im sure its "not all about the money" and he is "trying to prove everyone he still has it".......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....get out of here "Just wants his kids to see him play"

And for the record....he has to play in 10 games this season....he has played in 9.

The 10th is tonight against the Jazz
pimp.gif

I see that not everyone understands whats going on. Miles gets the 18 million from the Blazers whether he plays the ten games or not. The problem for the Blazers is that only after the 10th game, that 18 mil goes on their salary cap. Miles is not playing for the money, he gets the 18 mil regardless...he is just trying to prove to everyone he still got it. He also mentioned that he wants his kid(s) to see him play.

No. He has to PLAY. Thats part of the whole "career ending injury" stigma that the Blazers put on him...he has to step on the court and check into the game.

And yeah...Im sure its "not all about the money" and he is "trying to prove everyone he still has it".......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....get out of here "Just wants his kids to see him play"

Dude, HIS CONTRACT IS GURANTEED-----HE ALREADY HAS THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

HE IS PAID

HE IS NOT PLAYING FOR MONEY HE ALREADY IS OWED

Now, is he trying to play for a FUTURE contract? Sure, he probably is. But the 18 million is already his. He may not have it in his wallet, but it is owedto him forever whether he ever plays again or not.

Do you understand that now?

My whole thing is referring to the Blazers having to pay him 18 mil....

His "contract" isnt guaranteed....the money is being payed by insurance

With his 10th game the money will transfer from the insurance company to the Blazers books.

And you better believe that Miles himself wants to stick it to the Blazers.

[h2]Miles triggers $18M salary hit, cap tax[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....d=3840234&title=Miles\'%20milestone%20with%20Grizzlies%20to%20cost%20Blazers&id=3840234','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print
ESPN.com news services

It came and went without fanfare -- and presumably fear of retribution.
Just more than a week had passed since the Portland Trail Blazers threatened their 29 fellow NBA teams with a lawsuit if someone signed Darius Miles.
550.jpg

Miles
Miles had already played in two regular-season games for the Grizzlies under a 10-day contract and six preseason games. Two more games from the small forward this season would cause a breach to the Blazers' salary cap, costing them $18 million in salary plus luxury taxes. But Friday night, there he was, making his second appearance under his latest 10-day contract and fourth of the season for the Memphis Grizzlies, scoring 10 points with seven rebounds in 14 minutes of a 101-91 loss to the visiting Utah Jazz.

The loss dropped the Grizzlies to 11-28 as they sunk farther in the cellar of the Southwest Division. Miles' appearance cost the Blazers much more, however. It placed the remaining $18 million of his salary back on Portland's payroll and counts against the Blazers' salary cap, forcing them to pay luxury tax. The Blazers had sent out an e-mail earlier this month warning of possible legal action against any team signing the free-agent Miles.

"Persons or entities involved in such conduct may be individually liable to the Portland Trail Blazers for tortuously interfering with the Portland Trail Blazers contract rights and perspective economic opportunities," team president Larry Miller's e-mail read. "Our purpose here was not in any way to keep Darius from being able to play," Miller said. "If he can come back and help a team to win and play at a level on the court that helps the team, we have no problem with that at all." Miles set up the milepost by scoring 13 points in 14 minutes of a 102-87 to the Cleveland Cavaliers in Memphis on Tuesday after signing the 10-day deal Saturday.

"Please be aware that if a team engages in such conduct, the Portland Trail Blazers will take all necessary steps to safeguard its rights, including, without limitation, litigation," said Miller in the e-mail. Miller's e-mail prompted the threat of a grievance from the players' union, and his signing by the Grizzlies quickly followed. Miles, who was the third overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2000 draft, signed a six-year, $48 million deal with Portland in 2004.

The Blazers waived Miles at the end of the 2007-08 season after an independent doctor determined he hadn't recovered from microfracture surgery on his right knee in November 2006. He played in six preseason games for the Celtics this season before Boston released him on Oct. 20. It had been believed that under the collective bargaining agreement, Miles had to play in 10 regular-season or postseason games in a season for the $18 million to count against the Blazers. But the NBA confirmed that the six preseason games Miles played for the Celtics also counted.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

i've been saying all along, he can still play. the blazers just didnt want him around. No telling how much they paid that independent doctor to say hiscareer is over.

i love the blazers, but they were dead wrong for trying to sabotage his career.

Back
Top Bottom