Damn Detroit..you scary.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Yawns, dude I gotta give you props, you one of the few who continues to wrote down everything you think is right, and type it over and over so you just believe it more and more. You are kind of like youR own cheerleader.

Types in message, message goes through to NT uneventfully

God did it

All jokes aside, I wonder what percentage of people who scream "Oh God no" before they expire get saved by God

I want religious people to be honest with themselves, are these bad questions?

Sure the thought of having a god is comforting, but in my opinion so is the belief that everything happens by chance. Both take a certain amount of belief.

Video down.
frown.gif
anywhere else I can see it?

only on nt

one of the most inspirational stories ive ever come across and dudes in here ruin a good thread/post squabbling about god/religion for the millionth time

some of you can't take opinions other than your own

What you seen in the videos is nothing! That can happen anywhere. Detroit is waaay more grimmer then what you seen int he video. Thats nothing and can happen in your everyday town

Thats just it though.. NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR RELIGIOUS OPINION.

You went out of your way to bring your "religious opinion" into this. Which is what I called you out on. The topic at hand is not religion, its this young mans story. Myself and others praised our God and religious faith for the young mans survival and instead of recognizing his recovery and what you believed brought him through, you turned and ridiculed those who have religion instead. 

Then you dragged it on by making stupid references and analogies about it. 

That !+#+ is played out. Just like I said before... 

We worship God for bringing him through, you worship a man. In the end, you're doing the same as us. Stop looking through your "little lense" and see what you don't see from the outside. 

False. Someone actually did ask what I thought.

I agree. 

Bingo.

So you can talk about your god, but I can't.

This is now a religious discussion. Is it not, sir? 

Why are you free to talk about your god but cry foul when i challenge that idea?

You don't want tolerance. You just want to not be challenged. Thats not fair. 

I don't want to hear about you all giving thanks to some "god" so why does me not getting ofended matter? Or is it only you all that get to cry foul.

Your faith, religion, or thoughts aren't free from criticism and you do not have a right to NOT be offended. 

Carry on then. 

Thats subjective. You're entitled to that opininon. However, I would rather you take time to elucidate what you disagree with instead of issuing a blanket statement. 

I don't "worship" any "man". I said that I give thanks to the hard working doctors and nurses and cops and lawyers that saved his life and brought justice in this instance. Are all doctors, nurses, lawyers and cops all good? No. But in this instance, they are to be thanked. Point blank. Anything or anyone else getting props for this event should be shown to have contributed. 

Its debatable that your god was even there so why does it get credit? 

Just "thinking" or "wishing" something doesn't make it so.

In that case, i could say that spiderman saved that man, and NEVER EVER be wrong. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am confused Anton, I was talking about sillyputty though

Oh damn, I was like rly? Was it that serious?
laugh.gif

Don't ignore me
frown.gif
That sucks, I don't wanna be blocked. I like everybody.

I just want to be able to have discussions about ANYTHING. 

I just don't get why you guys get to say god is so great but I can't say anything about that? How is that even fair?

Its like saying only the home team at a football game gets to have cheerleaders and fans in the stands. 

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

only on nt

one of the most inspirational stories ive ever come across and dudes in here ruin a good thread/post squabbling about god/religion for the millionth time

I don't have a problem with opinions other than my own...it just seems that for some reason, asking why god automatically get credit when its clearly debatable that god was there in the first place is some how wrong. 

We can prove that docs, nurses, lawyers, judges, cops, friends etc helped this young man...but the case on god being there at any point in the story is a little questionable, to say the least.

And why are these bad questions? 

Not once did I see anyone thank the docs and other professionals who helped this guy before I posted. Isn't that a problem? 

sillyputty just won't stop and shame on everyone who keep replying to him.
You're adding fuel to the already pointless fire

2nqs092.jpg

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

only on nt

this. thread was ruined by the 3rd page
30t6p3b.gif

discuss that *!%+ thru PM or make another thread.

i dont have a problem with people asking questions, thats not what i said. its good to ask questions.
its the fact that good threads take a turn for the worse when people take every opportunity to assert themselves about religion and say the same exact thing time and time again (knowing that its going to bring people into the thread just to debate about religion).
dont take it personally, its just annoying to me sometimes.

Not once did I see anyone thank the docs and other professionals who helped this guy before I posted. Isn't that a problem?

pretty much exactly what i'm trying to say

lol @ complaining about sillyputty when an NTer brought him up in i believe the first page. do you guys expect him not to reply?

anyway, putty, keep fighting the good fight my man.

lets ignore the people that actually did something to help the guy live, or him that had the will to live.

so apparently "god" lets this happen and swoops in at the last second to save a person just so he can have his ego stroke.

Wow, that's crazy. The fact that he was pronounced dead and the doctor had a feeling and decided to help him out of a hunch is amazing.

Originally Posted by CarlosZilla

good luck in Hell guys

Whats worse isn't that you actually think there is a hell
(made up from literature stemming from catholic canonization of a lot of dante's FICTIONAL texts...and hell is purely a christian thing, few religions actually have a hell or similar entity...another reason why you all should learn about comparative religion...*sigh*) but that you think that I actually deserve to go there.
Threatening someone with hell is the oldest trick in the book. 

Essentially, you can attach that to anything and threaten people to achieve any task you want. 

BTW, since you believe in hell, as a christian, Hitler is in heaven but as a hindu Ghandi and and as a muslim malcolm x are in hell?

You have to assert that someone could do the most heinous and dirty things and all they have to say is "im a christian" and they get to go to heaven...but if someone lives a good life and does right by others they STILL go to hell? 

On top of that, you seem so certain that you're not going to this place called hell...care to tell us why you're so convinced you won't end up where you think everyone else is going? 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by CarlosZilla

good luck in Hell guys

Whats worse isn't that you actually think there is a hell
(made up from literature stemming from catholic canonization of a lot of dante's FICTIONAL texts...and hell is purely a christian thing, few religions actually have a hell or similar entity...another reason why you all should learn about comparative religion...*sigh*) but that you think that I actually deserve to go there.
Threatening someone with hell is the oldest trick in the book. 

Essentially, you can attach that to anything and threaten people to achieve any task you want. 

BTW, since you believe in hell, as a christian, Hitler is in heaven but as a hindu Ghandi and and as a muslim malcolm x are in hell?

You have to assert that someone could do the most heinous and dirty things and all they have to say is "im a christian" and they get to go to heaven...but if someone lives a good life and does right by others they STILL go to hell? 

On top of that, you seem so certain that you're not going to this place called hell...care to tell us why you're so convinced you won't end up where you think everyone else is going? 
dont you know we are all already in hell
devil.gif

and 
laugh.gif
 at the big bad NTers trying so hard to point out the fact that they dont believe in god why put it out there if thats your belief ok just keep quiet keep it movin we dont know you why we worried about what you believe. got dudes writing a whole page of nothing just to state theres no god. really who cares if dude exist ok if he doesnt still ok   .

Crazy thing is y'all religious fanatics are still missing the point, none of you guys are thanking the doctors or the people who helped. I hate to fuel the debate but it really bothers me man. I've gained so much respect for doctors over the years because personally, if I just quarterbacked somebody thru a life saving surgery and the first conscious statement they made was "thank God" I'd really be on some diabolical get-back +*#@. For real. The day I see someone just "trust God" after a terrible accident instead of calling for help is the day I become a full fledged believer, regardless of the outcome.

And to put all this into perspective, my father is a church pastor. I probably have the most religious family/background on this entire board. There is nothing about Christianity or church you can tell me. Religion is just great in my book until people start using it to passive aggressively discount the contribution of others. Some people in this thread are only praising God in their posts to spite the posters asking for recognition for the doctors. That to me is just sickening. No way around it.

Sillyputty (Optimus) and Anton it just seems like yall got a beef with something you dont believe in. Or you got some personal issues that you need to address

I dont get mad when I hear dumb chicks believe in themselves. I dont get mad at 14 year olds who still believe in Santa Claus. I just laugh at them...not argue with them.

Get your inner peace game up
pimp.gif
its not that cereal...god bless

Back
Top Bottom