da Internet has killed da Hollywood (and all kinds) of celebrity.

I'm not buying that completely because as old as human civilization has been there has always been an artist class that's been heralded among regular folk that goes back to Greek and Roman times.
Not really. All the historic people we study now were considered heretics and crazies back then.

Lily Singh pure garbage. She's local to us from Toronto, Canada and I don't know of anyone locally who has ever liked her content.
I found out about her through Forbes, this was during the book writing process. I get it, but nah.

With the popcorn, fast pace society, these people are forgotten easily. Especially since people have short attention spans.

Back then it was slower paced, people would anticipate and remember things longer. That’s the difference. Nowadays, you better monetize yourself quick fast and in a hurry, cause you’ll be an afterthought in a few years, maybe months.

We are living in the epitome of a 15 minutes of fame world

With the popcorn, fast pace society, these people are forgotten easily. Especially since people have short attention spans.

Back then it was slower paced, people would anticipate and remember things longer. That’s the difference. Nowadays, you better monetize yourself quick fast and in a hurry, cause you’ll be an afterthought in a few years, maybe months.

We are living in the epitome of a 15 minutes of fame world

This all the way. I remember being a shorty, celebrities had some sort of mystique to them cuz they werent all in your face daily. Perfect example is musicians, specifically rappers. You never hear from them then Theyd drop a single, show up on TRL/The Basement/106 n park, say my album is coming out this date, do a Vibe/Source/XXL interview, then disappear till the next single or album. That level of mystique is gone now I can hop on Twitter and see them talking everyday. Go on IG and watch them on Live smoke weed and say dumb stuff and it just takes away from their celeb power in my opinion. Fabulous was so cool to me as a shorty but I didnt realize how damn lame he was till he was on twitter/IG cuz now u get too much of em.

I am wondering if Announcing which celebrities have the virus will cause regular folks to resent them (even more? since they are being reminded that the class of a person is what determines how readily available testing will be.

Hopefully this can eat into the idol worship this planet has for the celebrity.

Da interwebs has killed da celebrity and is killing da humanity b. Meanwhile y’all’s man was slowing giving his moms a damn stroke because of da J’s in da floor.

Back
Top Bottom