Could a women's National soccer team beat the worst MLS team?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Yes. They would destroy them. Alot of these women's NTs pass and defend much better than the men, with a huge example being USA. 

This is the single dumbest thing i have ever read on NT

Thank you for the break down which is 100% true

A while back there was some sports scientist that said the top Female athlete has the athleticism of a Top 14 year old Male athlete.

Pure speed would be the reason why the women would lose.  My High school soccer team was the worst in our conference when i was a Junior.  The womens team was ranked 10th in the nation.  Everyone joked the girls would crush us they are nationally ranked we were terrible.  So for senior week we had a scrimmage with them.  We were up 7-0 after 20 mins and they stopped the game and it turned into a practice. 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

on a good day i bet the US womens could beat the US men

Yea if the US Men go up 2-0

Lettuce be cereal, Even on their best day the Women couldn't beat them.

You seriously think a women's NATIONAL TEAM can't beat the Whitecaps FC, who have 2 wins total?  This isn't a typical women's team playing against a comparable men's team, it's the BEST women's team in the world against one of the WORST men's teams in the world.
You don't need to be stronger and more physical than the other team to win. Barca's midfield+forwards are 5'5-5'7, 140 pounds (the same size as most women players) yet they dominate much larger, stronger, faster opponents.

You guys are seriously overrating the @#$% out of the damn Vancouver Whitecaps. This isn't the LA Galaxy we're talking about here
just because they are the same size doesn't mean they are equal in strength and speed. just sayin'

You seriously think a women's NATIONAL TEAM can't beat the Whitecaps FC, who have 2 wins total?  This isn't a typical women's team playing against a comparable men's team, it's the BEST women's team in the world against one of the WORST men's teams in the world.
You don't need to be stronger and more physical than the other team to win. Barca's midfield+forwards are 5'5-5'7, 140 pounds (the same size as most women players) yet they dominate much larger, stronger, faster opponents.

You guys are seriously overrating the @#$% out of the damn Vancouver Whitecaps. This isn't the LA Galaxy we're talking about here
just because they are the same size doesn't mean they are equal in strength and speed. just sayin'

You don't have to watch many women's games to see that even a horrible men's team would have a very easy time intercepting the passes that the women attempt. The passes are so much slower than anything the men are used to.

You don't have to watch many women's games to see that even a horrible men's team would have a very easy time intercepting the passes that the women attempt. The passes are so much slower than anything the men are used to.

Originally Posted by JD214

mexican fans remembering about that 2-0 score
pimp.gif

mexican fans remembering about that 2-0 score
pimp.gif

Maybe
roll.gif

USMNT
Brazil game
frown.gif

Mexico game
frown.gif

Maybe
roll.gif

USMNT
Brazil game
frown.gif

Mexico game
frown.gif

Damn, now I feel like a %%@$+$# for even entertaining the thought after reading Malta and the other guy's post.
laugh.gif

Damn, now I feel like a %%@$+$# for even entertaining the thought after reading Malta and the other guy's post.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

laugh.gif
@ Wambach "definitely" scoring off a set-piece. She's so good at it because of her size/athletic advantage over most women...that goes right out the door against men.

work.5733773.2.flat,550x550,075,f.the-overhead-plane.jpg

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

laugh.gif
@ Wambach "definitely" scoring off a set-piece. She's so good at it because of her size/athletic advantage over most women...that goes right out the door against men.

work.5733773.2.flat,550x550,075,f.the-overhead-plane.jpg

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just think dudes are caught up in the hype right now.  Don't let all that T&A mess with your heads.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just think dudes are caught up in the hype right now.  Don't let all that T&A mess with your heads.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One thing that I think threw me off was I wasn't taking into account just how much slower and shorter they are. While watching them on tv, they look fast compared to the rest of the women, whereas if there were men out there they'd look a lot slower. It's probably a lot easier for them to possess the ball and pass well moving at that speed than it would be in the men's game. It's weird because when you watch women's bball it's so obvious how slow they are moving; I think the size of the field and lack of scale figures (it's just a a large expanse of grass, whereas on a bball court it's much smaller and you can easily judge how quickly they should be moving relative to the size of the court and lane etc) contributes to that. 
Not to mention Wambach is one of the bigger players and great at playing balls in the air but she's 5'11. Imagine just putting Peter Crouch in the box on a corner, guaranteed goal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One thing that I think threw me off was I wasn't taking into account just how much slower and shorter they are. While watching them on tv, they look fast compared to the rest of the women, whereas if there were men out there they'd look a lot slower. It's probably a lot easier for them to possess the ball and pass well moving at that speed than it would be in the men's game. It's weird because when you watch women's bball it's so obvious how slow they are moving; I think the size of the field and lack of scale figures (it's just a a large expanse of grass, whereas on a bball court it's much smaller and you can easily judge how quickly they should be moving relative to the size of the court and lane etc) contributes to that. 
Not to mention Wambach is one of the bigger players and great at playing balls in the air but she's 5'11. Imagine just putting Peter Crouch in the box on a corner, guaranteed goal
laugh.gif

Why even bother bringing up mexico, there's nothing but cheaters on that team.

9 players with the same illegal substance in their system and nobody cared LOL

And no....The US womans team would not be able to beat the worst MLS team. That's not to say that there's woman out there that are indeed better than some of the men individually, but not as a team.

Why even bother bringing up mexico, there's nothing but cheaters on that team.

9 players with the same illegal substance in their system and nobody cared LOL

And no....The US womans team would not be able to beat the worst MLS team. That's not to say that there's woman out there that are indeed better than some of the men individually, but not as a team.

Back
Top Bottom