[::Congrats to Jets fans. Fire Norv. That is all. Adios amigos.::]

Originally Posted by ourtran

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

You Charger fans are extremely lame
laugh.gif
just shut up and see what happens already. You guys are CLEARLY huge favorites when u talk $%#! It just makes y'all look mad corny
grin.gif
Jets have no chance
happy.gif

?? no ones talking +$+$ to jets fans dude. Where in this thread is anyone being cocky? Im being confident in my team and im confident we are gonna win, but im not saying anythings for sure and im not bein a jerk to anyone. I cant give an opinion on Revis' matchup with my teams recievers? thats being cocky? Cmon dude the hell outta here with that. This is a sports forum what do you expect us to do of course were going to be giving our opinions on our teams.

Was a paragraph needed? Just asking
laugh.gif

Just wait till game day and watch this fool kingfoamnyc cry about every call going against the jets just like the bengals game. yeah homie ive been stalking!
glasses.gif

So u got me all figured out ehh
laugh.gif
eric allen said were gonna get stomped I'm just waiting for the first "football analyst" to be the wildcardand pick us to win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

You're right no one predicted a blowout.

Bottomline:

If the Chargers get ahead early by 14 or so they win, easily. The Jets can't play catchup with their offense.

If the Jets get the ball first and take most of the first quarter to score a touchdown with Greene and TJ, cause Rivers and co. to go 3 and out and repeat that cycle you will see the Jets in AFC Championship Game.

Truth spoken. Honestly I wanted to face the Patriots instead of the Jets because of their run game. Still, the Chargers should get the win with all theirweapons on offense. The Q will be insane this Sunday.

Wish I was in SD for this... SMH. But im thinking this will be a much closer game than most assume. Im going with the Bolts, 24-21 with a 4th quarter winningdrive capped off my LT.

-Revis should be able to hold his own against Jackson....I don't see a reason why not.
-If Rivers gets to a point where he gets too cocky, he'll come back down to earth with a few blitzes thrown at him.
-LT's best days are behind him so i don't see him doing much when it comes to big yardage....he'll get his goal line td's im sure.
-Gates is always a matchup problem, but im worried about stopping sproles too.

ON A MAJOR NOTE:
-IT'S CLEAR TO SEE THAT EVERYONE SAYS THE CHARGERS ARE A HOT TEAM COMING IN....BUT HOW ARE YOU THAT HOT WHEN YOU HAVE A WEEK OFF?
I'D RATHER REFER TO HOT TEAMS AS WILD CARD TEAMS SUCH AS THE '05 STEELERS AND '08 GIANTS ANYONE AGREE? HELL I'D EVEN TAKE LAST YEARS RAVENS ASBEING A HOT TEAM COMING IN.

As an unbiased Jets fan, ill go with the Chargers in a close one 21-14

Jets have a nice defense, fantastic with Kris Jenkins. Could already have a pretty well rounded offense if Edwards didn't have rubber band hands. Greatchallenge for the Chargers offense who COULD be in a bind since they've been one dimensional with the pass, but I expect L.T. to be used more for this one,resulting in better production. The passing game, however, won't be shut down completely. For one, Rivers is no Palmer, and the Chargers have plenty oftargets to throw to. The one I expect to give the Jets problems all day is Antonio Gates. They can shut down Vincent Jackson, but with all the people the Jetsbring for pressure, it should leave Gates seeing plenty of favorable match ups right down the middle and possibly even sometimes finding himself wide open. IfL.T. has a break out game though, the Chargers will dictate the whole field as far as offense goes.

I think the Jets could have beat the Colts for sure. Of course, everyone's going to bring up the Colts strolling into their bye week, but I think it'smore about what the Jets can do than what the Colts have done. Indy's small defense is definitely more of a liability against the run than San Diego, andwith a Jets team that doesn't pass much vs an Indy team that specializes in making plays on defense off the passing game, Manning and Co. would have beenin trouble. Manning would have managed to keep the Colts battling utilizing Clark often, but there's no guarantee he can pull of an IND @ MIA from earlythis season again.

CLIFF NOTES
*Two paragraphs is nothing unless you're still in 1st grade.
*SD's aerial attack is too bountiful for the Jets to overcome.
*LT must contribute to soften up the Jets defense.
*Jets would have beat the Colts.

So a team stumbles into the playoffs because Indy decides to sit it's starters then beats a completely decimated Bengals team twice and is now gonna travel across the country and beat the hottest team/offense in the NFL, the San Diego Chargers, at home.

Just clarifying the majority opinion of non-Charger fans here.

Yes. Are you still confused?

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

So a team stumbles into the playoffs because Indy decides to sit it's starters then beats a completely decimated Bengals team twice and is now gonna travel across the country and beat the hottest team/offense in the NFL, the San Diego Chargers, at home.

Just clarifying the majority opinion of non-Charger fans here.

Yes. Are you still confused?
No. Not confused, but wondering all of a sudden why the Jets are held in such high regard.

I can see the Jets fans feeling this way, but as a member of other football/sports fan sites it seems as if a lot of non Jets fans feel the same way also.

I respect the Jets and am in awe of their defense, but I don't fear them after what they have done in the last 3 games.

I am realistic and I give the Jets a huge chance to win the game.

I have been a Charger season ticket holder for a while and have witnessed what can happen to a overrated Charger team in the playoffs first hand.

However, if you are giving the Jets the upper hand due to momentum they have built up from getting into their positing right now, why can't you say thesame about the Chargers almost 3 month long run?

At this point it comes down to matchups and IMHO the Chargers matchup well. Rivers is no stranger to exotic blitz packages and has a great ability to get theball to the hot route if he is in trouble. Jackson is covered by an elite corner 4 games of the season (Nmadi and Champ) The Chargers don't need to runto win.

However I can see the Chargers being beat early because for some reason or another it takes 2-3 series before the D figures out what to do with the opposingteam. By that time it may be too late against a ball control team like the Jets.

We'll see on Sunday. I'll be watching from the West Endzone, Plaza 22!

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

chargers aint got the heart to win in the postseason.

easy win for the jets.

someone's bitter because we actually get in the playoffs, how'd it feel blowing the division for the 2nd straight year?

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

chargers aint got the heart to win in the postseason.

easy win for the jets.

Hater in the house. Somebody's salty for a second straight year.

people are failing to realize the teams the Chargers beat to get the record they have now..that "the chargers are hot" thing is null and void..justby looking at their schedule, i knew the chargers were gonna have an excellent record..they will not beat the jets, straight up..

In a way I want Rivers to get a ring to solidify the 04 QB class as perhaps the 2nd best ever.......

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

people are failing to realize the teams the Chargers beat to get the record they have now..that "the chargers are hot" thing is null and void..just by looking at their schedule, i knew the chargers were gonna have an excellent record..they will not beat the jets, straight up..
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Sun, Oct 25[/td] [td]@ Oakland (2-4)[/td] [td]W 38 - 0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 1[/td] [td]vs Miami (2-4)[/td] [td]L 25 - 30[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Bye[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 15[/td] [td]vs Jacksonville (4-4)[/td] [td]L 22 - 24[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 22[/td] [td]@ New England (6-3)[/td] [td]L 14 - 31[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 29[/td] [td]vs Carolina (4-6)[/td] [td]W 17 - 6[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Thu, Dec 3[/td] [td]@ Buffalo (4-7)[/td] [td]W 19 - 13[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]NFL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 13[/td] [td]@ Tampa Bay (1-11)[/td] [td]W 26 - 3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 20[/td] [td]vs Atlanta (6-7)[/td] [td]L 7 - 10[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 27[/td] [td]@ Indianapolis (14-0)[/td] [td]W 29 - 15[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Sun, Jan 3[/td] [td]vs Cincinnati (10-5)[/td] [td]W 37 - 0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]NBC[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
eek.gif

%@$@ OUR CUPCAKE SCHEDULE, THAT'S MUCH TOUGHER!
it actually is, though..

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

didn't look at the SN before i quoted. got me.

theres no point in arguing with jets fans my friend, all i know is it'll be a good game, but the jets arent an elite team like the chargers. plain andsimple. all these "hardcore" jets fans will stop running their mouths after sunday.

Still waiting for jay dilla to accept my $1000 bet that the jets will win the superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom