Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

robin williams went hard
laugh.gif

TEAM COCO >

will never watch a nbc show on nbc or nbc.com again
I gotta support The Office and Jimmy Fallon.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Interested to see how well Leno does in ratings once he goes back to the Tonight Show. Sure he will have lost the viewers who support Conan but I think his core audience is still too strong and they will be loyal to him. The average American who is part of Leno's targeted demographics probably doesn't even care about all this late night drama. In the end, after the dust settles, this will probably be the best move for all parties involved. NBC made a mistake by keeping both Leno and Conan, they paid for it, and now they can go back to their guy Leno. Conan now has freedom and in half a year he'll be able to start over and go to a network that will make him the sole face of their late night programming.
But think what this will do to NBC as far as who replaces (is that possible?
laugh.gif
) Leno. It doesnt seem like too many comedians are fond of Leno or NBC as awhole, and Fallon is honestly, doing terribly. He just isnt meant for a show.

Idk I think as far as the situation now NBC will be fine after the initial wave of bad publicity/money lost passes, but it looks like their rep among comedianswill take a huge hit.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

robin williams went hard
laugh.gif

TEAM COCO >

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
yourself

i don't watch a lot of tv...i normally start watching sitcoms when they are re-ran on other networks, or if im at the store and i heard about a show illjust buy the season on dvd
pimp.gif

robin williams went hard
laugh.gif

TEAM COCO >

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
yourself

i don't watch a lot of tv...i normally start watching sitcoms when they are re-ran on other networks, or if im at the store and i heard about a show ill just buy the season on dvd
pimp.gif
are you boycotting all of nbc universals other divisions? how about general electric?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

robin williams went hard
laugh.gif

TEAM COCO >

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
yourself

i don't watch a lot of tv...i normally start watching sitcoms when they are re-ran on other networks, or if im at the store and i heard about a show ill just buy the season on dvd
pimp.gif
are you boycotting all of nbc universals other divisions? how about general electric?
laugh.gif
all my appliances are kenmore
laugh.gif

NBC just ruined the franchise of the Tonight Show... i can not think of anyone who would be a decent fit once jay dies on set at the age of 92.

Leno is only 59, so I'm sure NBC hopes he can host for the next ten years at least assuming he stays healthy. Carson was in his late 60s when he retired,so I'm sure they're hoping Jay can go on at least that long.

By then who knows what happens, they could just pick a random comedian and groom him into the host with guest host appearances and what not, much like Lenodid.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150
in all honesty...i dont think anything touchd me more about the whol situation than something like this...the sheer amount of support that he is getting from the community is just crazy...

Tonight might be a tear jerker...
smh.gif

So what are Conan's options after Sept 1st?

Fox can sign him but I doubt they want to go head to head with Letterman and Leno, Conan will get crushed. Maybe they can put Conan heads up with Kimmel at 12:05..or maybe a cable network will pick him up

Well most likely since Fox runs their news at 10, they'd be able to put Conan on at 11, which would give him a 30 minute head start against Leno and Letterman. However Fox will have to convince the affiliates to air Conan in place of fairly lucrative reruns at 11-12. However at 11 he'd be in direct competition with the Daily Show and Colbert, who certainly steal viewers of his.

ABC won't make an offer at all, so don't expect anything there.

I don't know how many cable options there really are, but who knows what comes up.

Right now the biggest hope is for Fox to give him at 11pm show.

Where did anyone say this is more serious than Haiti, or healthcare, or the war in Iraq?? Its discussion about a topic, that's it.

No one is going into the PS3 thread and telling them to go outside and stop playing games. Or into sports and saying the same thing.

Don't have anything to contribute then don't post.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by nnarum

It's really not that serious. Go outside and turn off the TV.
why even say that? stop being a troll..
he should take his own advice and go outside and turn off his pc/smartphone/psp/ or anything he posts on

I'm waiting for the plot twist where Jay Leno comes out instead of Conan and says..."JOKES ON YOU GUYS, I'm QUITTING! "

If only...

YO!

I really can't wait. DVR set to record.

What they did is disgusting. God bless Conan O'Brien. And let's not forget the staff that followed the show from New York and may've had families as well.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by truestt

I'm waiting for the plot twist where Jay Leno comes out instead of Conan and says..."JOKES ON YOU GUYS, I'm QUITTING! "

If only...

we wish
i wonder if Jon Stewart and Colbert might show since they off today...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by truestt

If only...

This entire thing was just like Hugh Grant on Leno.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom