Comp Tia Certification (A+) ?

Originally Posted by TW3EK

ok A+ covers what? like on the test? hardware?

im a nerd but not as nerdy as yall... ive been tryin to get some info on certifications but it looks like theres a lot to choose from... im good with networking, hardware(building, replacing PC parts), and navigating windows is as easy as breathing for me...

which tests would i b better off starting with? and if possible could yall point me to some more info... maybe like which certs i would need for particular jobs or something... thanks

go to the forum that i titled great resource it should break everything down for you. i say A+ is a good foundation for your resume

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by TW3EK

ok A+ covers what? like on the test? hardware?

im a nerd but not as nerdy as yall... ive been tryin to get some info on certifications but it looks like theres a lot to choose from... im good with networking, hardware(building, replacing PC parts), and navigating windows is as easy as breathing for me...

which tests would i b better off starting with? and if possible could yall point me to some more info... maybe like which certs i would need for particular jobs or something... thanks

go to the forum that i titled great resource it should break everything down for you. i say A+ is a good foundation for your resume

thanks...

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

Solewoman what city do you work for? Im a techinician for the gov too and i am about to take the A+

i work for the army (no im not in it)

Originally Posted by jaydunk45

757BRED..........U IN VA? wut pat u in and u know anybody hiring in the comp field?

i might can help you. im not in the 757 area. my boss is looking for another team member. im in alexandria tho

I'm in Hampton. We're now hiring at the moment, but in the summer is the best time to check.

Oh and check Verizon.com. They have a call center in NN supporting the customers calling in. The people make bank though, up to $23 an hour.

Originally Posted by 757bred

757BRED..........U IN VA? wut pat u in and u know anybody hiring in the comp field?

i might can help you. im not in the 757 area. my boss is looking for another team member. im in alexandria tho

I'm in Hampton. We're now hiring at the moment, but in the summer is the best time to check.

Oh and check Verizon.com. They have a call center in NN supporting the customers calling in. The people make bank though, up to $23 an hour.

eff Verizon, they didn't call me back yet
mad.gif

for you guys in the va area , did you go to a school or just studied the certification books ? i was wondering because every school/training center in the areais expensive and offer no payment plan. Also if i was just shooting to get my foot in the door as a help desk person what would be the best classes to take ?

Originally Posted by 757bred

im in chesapeake....i have no experience but i know alot about them.i was gonna take the certification test jus tp show sum kind of work or learning ofthem..i was also looking for the help desk to jus get in the door..ima apply at theat verizon thanks...and the other position u where talking about can uplease check up on it it would be greatly appreciated...

Originally Posted by gasp1

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

I got my CCNA and two tests away from CCVP which is Voice Professional which is where the boom is going. I'm within a healthy section of the CCNA salary. Its worth it

word. my company now requires you to have at least your CCNA to get hired. i got in before that was required but i have CCNA knowledge and then some. sais, why not go for your CCNP or CCIE? guessing you're looking to get more into the voice side of things?ake.
I'm going for the NP after the VP then i should be bulletproof in the game. CCIE and i will be making it hurricane in the clubs i suppose butI'm saving that til like end of next year. I should have VP and NP by this year. That IE is no joke ! I just went the voice route first because i deal withVOIP right now, i always had in my mind to get both. Just was in what order i would attack them.

Originally Posted by sjuelz

for you guys in the va area , did you go to a school or just studied the certification books ? i was wondering because every school/training center in the area is expensive and offer no payment plan. Also if i was just shooting to get my foot in the door as a help desk person what would be the best classes to take ?
a+ a lot of helpdesk postitions require it

Back
Top Bottom