Commission Jobs?

hop

I just recently got a part time job at Sears selling electronics and I'm wondering if any other Nt'ers have any jobs where their pay is based partly on commissions.

Any pointers, tips, things I should look out for?

I searched and conuld'nt find a thread with this info so if there is one just put a link. Thanks in advance.

I just recently got a part time job at Sears selling electronics and I'm wondering if any other Nt'ers have any jobs where their pay is based partly on commissions.

Any pointers, tips, things I should look out for?

I searched and conuld'nt find a thread with this info so if there is one just put a link. Thanks in advance.

not me but i have friends who work retail sales where it's commission based. they gotta meet sales goals not only for themselves but for their managers too and if you don't make it you get penalized. they don't make commission on sales items either, and they routinely clock out, but stay overtime without pay just to make quota.

not me but i have friends who work retail sales where it's commission based. they gotta meet sales goals not only for themselves but for their managers too and if you don't make it you get penalized. they don't make commission on sales items either, and they routinely clock out, but stay overtime without pay just to make quota.

I use to sell women's shoes at Nordstrom's and made BANK. Women wanted guys to sell them shoes, so it was easy. I had a laid back approach, and it worked for me.

I use to sell women's shoes at Nordstrom's and made BANK. Women wanted guys to sell them shoes, so it was easy. I had a laid back approach, and it worked for me.

nordstrom for some reason their sales people always bank...everywhere else...it blows...that is all

good luck with commission at sears
sick.gif

nordstrom for some reason their sales people always bank...everywhere else...it blows...that is all

good luck with commission at sears
sick.gif

I work at Nordstroms, if you got a mouthpiece you're good to go.  Made pacesetter my first year.  
pimp.gif

I work at Nordstroms, if you got a mouthpiece you're good to go.  Made pacesetter my first year.  
pimp.gif

I used to work at sears in the home improvement section (lawn mowers, paint, fitness, tools) I made pretty decent money being part time. Just gotta know your product, and if you dont gotta have a mouthpiece. Be friendly and confident. Sell them protection agreements too or they will be on you bout it. Try and get the prime time slanging hours too... Saturday and Sunday are a must. My store was generally dead on weekdays tho.

I used to work at sears in the home improvement section (lawn mowers, paint, fitness, tools) I made pretty decent money being part time. Just gotta know your product, and if you dont gotta have a mouthpiece. Be friendly and confident. Sell them protection agreements too or they will be on you bout it. Try and get the prime time slanging hours too... Saturday and Sunday are a must. My store was generally dead on weekdays tho.

make sure you keep track of your sales and that your commission matches those numbers. have the terms regarding commission explained and understood thoroughly

make sure you keep track of your sales and that your commission matches those numbers. have the terms regarding commission explained and understood thoroughly

Originally Posted by Sauce9119

What type of commission were you getting?

Originally Posted by Sauce9119

What type of commission were you getting?

During my senior year of high school/freshman year of college I was commissioned sales on the shoe department (before they set out all of their inventory).  The commission rates were between 7-10% of each sale.  Minus the people that walked to other departments to ring up their sale and coworkers that would steal sales, I was bringing home about $8.50/hr when minimum wage was only $5/hr. which is what all the non-commissioned people were making.  Electronics and Big Ticket are where you can make some decent money.  It's nothing you're going to get rich on, but you may be living ok depending on the location and traffic volume of the store.

During my senior year of high school/freshman year of college I was commissioned sales on the shoe department (before they set out all of their inventory).  The commission rates were between 7-10% of each sale.  Minus the people that walked to other departments to ring up their sale and coworkers that would steal sales, I was bringing home about $8.50/hr when minimum wage was only $5/hr. which is what all the non-commissioned people were making.  Electronics and Big Ticket are where you can make some decent money.  It's nothing you're going to get rich on, but you may be living ok depending on the location and traffic volume of the store.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

got a relative thats a manager there and he said those in appliance bring in around 45 grand u should be fine

Good looks man...I was really hoping that this job could help me pay for college tuition.

Back
Top Bottom