College Offical GAME SHORTS post... all the Game short collectors PLEASE POST AND LOOK!!!

FIRST off anyone who compares UNC to DUKE and thinks DUKE is a better program is a CRACK head....

Here are the facts

UNC produces MORE NBA players by a LANDSLIDE than DUKE... NOT even a contest...

That is harsh words about duke fans. For the record I prefer UNC but the best player from UNC in the last decade has been Julius Peppers when healthy in theNFL. I can't think of a single UNC player from 2000 on who has been an NBA all-star. On the flipside, Duke has cranked out some serious talent thisdecade.

Maggette, Brand, Boozer, Battier, Deng, Duhon, Dunleavy, Sheldon Williams, DeMarcus Nelson, JJ Redick, Dahanty Jones, Jay Williams

are a better collection of players than:

McCants, May, Felton, Marvin Williams, Brandan Wright, David Noel

Look at the list of Duke players - you have USA basketball team members and lots of all-stars.

Nonetheless, the best players in the NBA never went to college.

However, producing NBA talent really shouldn't be the best measure of looking at which program is better. I would look at metrics like national titles andncca final four and tournament appearances.

In the last 30 yrs both programs have 3 titles a piece.

Also that 2001 Duke team was insane. That might be the best college team of all-time.

Here is my collection:

The Crown Jewels - these started it all. Michigan Game Worn Fab Five (Four) 93-95: White (46- Extra Long) & Maize (46- Long)

Michigan: 03-04 Game Worn Blue (44) & White (38), 92-93 Game Worn Fab Five Maize (46- Long) & White(46- Extra Long), and Authenitc Maize mid-90s (40)

Game Worn UCLA - away 2002-3 (44) & home 2004-5) (40+2+1)

2ij13cg.jpg

UNC: 03-04 Authentic DriFit -> home (40) & away (38)

ern3mv.jpg

Duke: 03-04 Authentic DriFit (38)

33wvdc1.jpg

Bulls: Game Worn Duhon St. Paddy Day 05-06 (42+2) and Nike Game Worn 98-99 (42+4)
apa3wy.jpg

Game Worn 2003 West All-Star (48+1+1)

2vtqydf.jpg

Authentic Reebok Steve Nash Suns Shorts from 05-06 (38)

241kztw.jpg

Authentic Pistons Shorts: Reebok Reebok 05-06 white (38), 05-06 alt (38), Nike 03-04 blue (40)

27yu98l.jpg

Blazers Nike Game Worn 02-03 (44+4) & Reebok Authentics - Celts (38), Mavs (38), Lakers (38)

4ujler.jpg

Authentic Adidas Cavaliers Alternate 07-08 (38)

Fersnash
GO BLUE
Check out my auctions:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/fersnash_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZhttp://shop.ebay.com/merc...QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ
Looking for DS Huarache LE sz 13 - white/navy/maize

Originally Posted by abunike23

FIRST off anyone who compares UNC to DUKE and thinks DUKE is a better program is a CRACK head....

Here are the facts

UNC produces MORE NBA players by a LANDSLIDE than DUKE... NOT even a contest...
Landslide I think not...its more like 47 or 48 DUKE 60 or 61 UNC

How many NBA playershas Pitt produced
nerd.gif

DUKE>PITT

HAHA!!! WELL if we are taking recent terms lets compare PITT to DUKE the only way we can. THE LAST match-up! Not sure if you remember but Levance Fields HIT awinning 3-pointer at the buzzer to WIN over duke. So currently DUKE is not AS GOOD as PITT. ALSO look at the rankings... #3 PITT >#4 DUKE... LASTmatch-up... PITT 65 > 64 DUKE HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

but overall DUKE is better than PITT... NOW YOU finally got it right. DUKE>UNC no way to prove... HAHA. but then again currently DUKE is not even as good asPITT...

Speaking of Duke..Today was one of the best days (as far as sports goes) in my life..First I got to watch that other team from carolina and get destroyed byMichigan..then I got to watch Florida punish Bama..what a day!!!! But as far as duke and Carolina goes..I have to disagree with you Fersnash..That '99 duketeam was better then that '01 team..even though they lost to uconn in the championship game..

I wouldn't say more experienced..they were definitely deeper in 01 with James, Boozer and Horvath coming off the bench..

All of these shorts are really nice to see...great thread.

UNC is a far superior team this year, but as an UNC fan I have to admit those Duke teams with Hurley, Hill and Leattner(hate him so much i have a mental blockon how to spell his name) we so tough and hard to beat....

Going on Alumni though....UNC has the major trump card....MR MJ himself is better than anyone Duke has ever sent to the NBA....

This site prob would not exist if it were not for MJ and him signing with NIKE... ALSO I have to be honest about DUKE. If Kobe were to go to school he wouldhave gone to DUKE and thats the the closest to MIKE today so its too bad. NOW offically UNC>DUKE... and recently PITT>DUKE.... and TODAY MICH>DUKE

Don't forget about Lebron..who also said he would've went to either duke or Carolina if he had went to college..but who was he kidding..we all knewwhat his intentions were when he bought that hummer his senior year and got all those throwbacks..hahahahahahahah..Hey jmizzo..those duke teams with hill,laettner, davis, hurley were tough but I can tell you 3 teams that we much better..'90 UNLV with anthony, hunt, johnson and augmon..'93 Fab5..Rose,Webber, King, Jackson and Howard and '91 Arkansas with day and Williamson..

Originally Posted by youngswag31

Hey JMIZZO...liljase2000 on ebay has a pair of Mcfly's size 11 for $780
yeah i saw those....i am going to wait until the kobe ivs come out...maybe the price will come down...if not, then I won't get them.
frown.gif

Yeah, those duke teams were tough, there are probably a few team in history that were better but they were good and they knew it.

Now, back to the shorts....All of these shorts are great to see...keep it going.

Originally Posted by abunike23

r the game worn or player issued or just twill retail?
just twill retail from last yr

i had some unc shorts from 02 but my girl at the time ruined them
frown.gif

hey Executive76..I can tell you one person..I mean literally oneperson..Brandon Knight..but he never seen a second of playing time..But look at like this Adam (abunike)..pitt produced one of the greatest QB's in NFLhistory..Dan Marino and one of the best WR's in football today Fitzgerald..but then again..we're talking basketball notfootball..hahahahahahahahahahaha

i play with brandon all the time. HAHA. hes a joke. NO NBA career. Also we have Aaron grey who I think sucks but plays decent time for the bulls. 7'1"Also PITT has just begun as they sucked 4 years ago. Sam Young will def be NBA player

I love them college shorts.... I use the elites to sleep in tho...DUKE,SJU red storm and cuse for the win!!

Uh mojo..why did you have to bring up that Charles Smith clown..I thought I would never have to hear his name again..He can neverwalk the streets of NY after what he did to us in '93 against the Bulls..How can you be 6'10 245 lbs and miss 4 layups right under the basket..We hadthe chance to send the bulls home for a long summer and he killed every knick fans dream..as if that wasn't bad enough..we're 48 minutes away frombringing the trophy home to the mecca of basketball in game 7 of the '94 finals and this clown goes 2-18..him and starks are the 2 biggest chokers inknicks history..I'm not sure who killed us more..MJ, Starks or Charles Smith..

Back
Top Bottom