College math unappreciation

Originally Posted by airforce416

smh.gif
seems so pointless. Sometimes i wish i was asian no racist.

I agree.  We learned in my psych class here that asians are just less likely to give up on a challenge than other races.  Keep working hard and you'll get it.

Real talk, do your homework and ask questions in class.

Real talk, do your homework and ask questions in class.

Taking Vector Calculus right now and it's already kicking my *#+!

BTW also taking Applied Stats and Linear Algebra the same semester.

Math Major FTW

Taking Vector Calculus right now and it's already kicking my *#+!

BTW also taking Applied Stats and Linear Algebra the same semester.

Math Major FTW

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Im struggling with Algebra II yeah i said it, Algebra II. I dont even need this !+*$ to be a Journalist. Man #@+! college
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Im struggling with Algebra II yeah i said it, Algebra II. I dont even need this !+*$ to be a Journalist. Man #@+! college
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

smh.gif

I feel you, OP.  I want to be a better basketball player.  Sometimes I wish I was black.  No racist. 

(How is this not locked?)

Got damn my dude, get a chick, take a hit from a blunt, take a shot of patron, lighten the hell up...No need to get so butt hurt that you have to "attempt" to prove your point by being just as ignorant

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

smh.gif

I feel you, OP.  I want to be a better basketball player.  Sometimes I wish I was black.  No racist. 

(How is this not locked?)

Got damn my dude, get a chick, take a hit from a blunt, take a shot of patron, lighten the hell up...No need to get so butt hurt that you have to "attempt" to prove your point by being just as ignorant

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

I was about to make this thread I suck at math I stay getting help I just wish it was as easy as writing a paper.
I can write like nothing it comes naturally to me.

I've noticed that some people are really good at math but suck at writing, like the things that seem real easy to me seem real hard to math wiz's lol smh

you know why? because there are parameters and there is a specific system you have to follow in math... writing an essay is system free, there's, in a way, no format. ask you math wiz's if they write poetry... 6/10 will say they will. i'm in that category

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

I was about to make this thread I suck at math I stay getting help I just wish it was as easy as writing a paper.
I can write like nothing it comes naturally to me.

I've noticed that some people are really good at math but suck at writing, like the things that seem real easy to me seem real hard to math wiz's lol smh

you know why? because there are parameters and there is a specific system you have to follow in math... writing an essay is system free, there's, in a way, no format. ask you math wiz's if they write poetry... 6/10 will say they will. i'm in that category

If you are really strugglin' with this... these are your options, in this order.

1) Apply yourself and study harder. Practice more, put more hours into doing homework and studying.
2) Find some friends/randoms/girls that are doing the same thing, and study together and work together. Who knows, you might even get some side action from doing that.
3) Go find a tutor/TA or go to office hours and get help, if the above two don't work.

I understand where y'all are coming from with the complaint of "I'm a literature/poli sci/criminal justice/whatever major... why do I have to learn math?" You're supposed to be exposed to the basics of every subject so you aren't a complete idiot in a certain subject matter. Going through engineering, I was always wondering why I had to take english and writing classes, but I figured out by the time I graduated, the school wants you to not only be an expert in your major area, but a well-rounded graduate as well, and it'll help down the road. If anything, it's training and exercising your brain by learning new things.

And if you think the non-science college algebra is hard... you should see what the rest of college math is like.

If you are really strugglin' with this... these are your options, in this order.

1) Apply yourself and study harder. Practice more, put more hours into doing homework and studying.
2) Find some friends/randoms/girls that are doing the same thing, and study together and work together. Who knows, you might even get some side action from doing that.
3) Go find a tutor/TA or go to office hours and get help, if the above two don't work.

I understand where y'all are coming from with the complaint of "I'm a literature/poli sci/criminal justice/whatever major... why do I have to learn math?" You're supposed to be exposed to the basics of every subject so you aren't a complete idiot in a certain subject matter. Going through engineering, I was always wondering why I had to take english and writing classes, but I figured out by the time I graduated, the school wants you to not only be an expert in your major area, but a well-rounded graduate as well, and it'll help down the road. If anything, it's training and exercising your brain by learning new things.

And if you think the non-science college algebra is hard... you should see what the rest of college math is like.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Swallow your pride and get a tutor. Don't wait until Finals to notice that you need help. Easier to learn it early than letting it snowball and shoot yourself in the foot at the end of the semester.
I let this happen this past spring 
tired.gif
. Not gonna let it get the best of me this year 

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Swallow your pride and get a tutor. Don't wait until Finals to notice that you need help. Easier to learn it early than letting it snowball and shoot yourself in the foot at the end of the semester.
I let this happen this past spring 
tired.gif
. Not gonna let it get the best of me this year 

I was a Computer Science major so I know the feeling. Had to take:
College Algebra
Pre Cal
Cal I & II
Probaility & Statistics I & II
Discrete Math

I was a Computer Science major so I know the feeling. Had to take:
College Algebra
Pre Cal