College math unappreciation

i used to hate it. But now i like it to some extent. I learned shortcuts like squaring 2 and 3 digit numbers in my head and other stuff because of some book i read. i learned to appreciate it. I just dont like it if i fall behind but hey, who doesnt?

i used to hate it. But now i like it to some extent. I learned shortcuts like squaring 2 and 3 digit numbers in my head and other stuff because of some book i read. i learned to appreciate it. I just dont like it if i fall behind but hey, who doesnt?

Originally Posted by HigherGround

if you are not good at math, go on this website http://www.khanacademy.org/

go to the specific sections you are having problems with...

thank me when you are doing differential equations half asleep.

Thanks I'll try this out I get bored just reading a book hopefully this will help me out.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

if you are not good at math, go on this website http://www.khanacademy.org/

go to the specific sections you are having problems with...

thank me when you are doing differential equations half asleep.

Thanks I'll try this out I get bored just reading a book hopefully this will help me out.

I was about to make this thread I suck at math I stay getting help I just wish it was as easy as writing a paper.
I can write like nothing it comes naturally to me.

I've noticed that some people are really good at math but suck at writing, like the things that seem real easy to me seem real hard to math wiz's lol smh

I was about to make this thread I suck at math I stay getting help I just wish it was as easy as writing a paper.
I can write like nothing it comes naturally to me.

I've noticed that some people are really good at math but suck at writing, like the things that seem real easy to me seem real hard to math wiz's lol smh

I forgot how much I despised math, I had to do some math problems for pharmacodynamics today
sick.gif

It just takes practice, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I forgot how much I despised math, I had to do some math problems for pharmacodynamics today
sick.gif

It just takes practice, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I'd like to say math is all formulas...but it's not that simple

All i gotta say is.........ask for help...from classmates or teachers

I'd like to say math is all formulas...but it's not that simple

All i gotta say is.........ask for help...from classmates or teachers

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Swallow your pride and get a tutor. Don't wait until Finals to notice that you need help. Easier to learn it early than letting it snowball and shoot yourself in the foot at the end of the semester.

Word. No one is above being helped.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Swallow your pride and get a tutor. Don't wait until Finals to notice that you need help. Easier to learn it early than letting it snowball and shoot yourself in the foot at the end of the semester.

Word. No one is above being helped.

Statistics easy..

Finance and Accounting were a little tough but not more difficult than any other college course.

Calculus SMH.... Although I got a B (tutor, math help room and twice a week for an hour during prof. office hours) that was probably the most I've ever struggled in school for anything... Word to 3 and a 1/2 hours doing homework (should have taken 45 minutes tops)

Statistics easy..

Finance and Accounting were a little tough but not more difficult than any other college course.

Calculus SMH.... Although I got a B (tutor, math help room and twice a week for an hour during prof. office hours) that was probably the most I've ever struggled in school for anything... Word to 3 and a 1/2 hours doing homework (should have taken 45 minutes tops)

I had trouble with calculus but then I just practiced and got help from friends. I know math can be a $%%$%.

Also this dude helped, watch his videos, he explains everything so clearly  http://patrickjmt.com/

I had trouble with calculus but then I just practiced and got help from friends. I know math can be a $%%$%.

Also this dude helped, watch his videos, he explains everything so clearly  http://patrickjmt.com/

Originally Posted by airforce416

Sometimes i wish i was asian no racist.

no you don't. i'm not even that great at math but i get SOOOO many people asking for help. not to mention chem and physics help. 
eyes.gif

Sometimes i wish i was asian no racist.

no you don't. i'm not even that great at math but i get SOOOO many people asking for help. not to mention chem and physics help. 
eyes.gif

smh.gif
seems so pointless. Sometimes i wish i was asian no racist.

I agree.  We learned in my psych class here that asians are just less likely to give up on a challenge than other races.  Keep working hard and you'll get it.

Back
Top Bottom