College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Oh yeah....You're right Shannon. I remember now. Brain Fart.

DC, Ecook0808 is Malik Story....Dude who committed to Indiana....

%*%! all that where's waldo goin on with Story I wish him the best and thats that...

NOW THIS ON THE OTHER HAND.... THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO READ!!!

allen3xis wrote:
[table][tr][td]
August 6, 2008

Brian McLawhorn
Devils Illustrated Publisher

Talk about it in Devil Insider
Spotsylvania (Va.) Courtland five-star power forward Joshua Hairston is a hot topic for the Duke Blue Devils fan base. After receiving a scholarship offer from Mike Krzyzewski and Duke, Hairston immediately placed Duke high on his list. Since that time, many have been watching his every move in hopes that he chooses to play his college ball in Durham.

[table][tr][td]
JOSHHAIRSTON4_28200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Josh Hairston remains undecided.[/td] [/tr][/table]The original plan was to have a decision before the month of August is complete. While Hairston has said he hopes to have it done by the start of the season, he is still adamant of his overall desire to be committed by the start of the school year.

"That is still the plan as of right now," Hairston said. "I really would like to have it done, but I am still looking at things and don't have a leader. I've compiled all the information I need to make my decision, so it's just a matter of weighing all of the pros and cons. I'm looking at each school and trying to see how I fit in and what future recruits are coming in.

"I want to check out how many recruits and players at my position will be there at the time I come in. I want to make sure it's a good situation for me."

Prior to his trip to Las Vegas, fellow DC Assault teammate and Duke target Tyler Thornton said his hope was to sit down with Hairston and discuss the Blue Devils and what the program would have to offer each of them individually and as a group. At the moment, the face-to-face conversation has not yet happened, however, the two have discussed things briefly over the phone.

"We actually didn't sit down and talk while we were out there," Hairston explained. "We didn't have the opportunity to really. We have talked over the phone. It was just more of a conversation about how exciting it is for both of us to be recruited by a school like Duke.

"I'm close to Tyler and Andre (Dawkins) and hopefully we will be able to sit down and talk about things soon. We are all three really good friends and I think it would be exiting to play in college together. It would be a really fun thing for us to be at the same place and all of us already being friends before we got there."

With Dawkins already committed to Duke, and Thornton also strongly considering the Blue Devils, how much of an impact will his friend's recruitment impact his decision?

"I think it will have a huge effect on me," he said. "It's something I have to really think about. We've played on the same teams for a long time and we would really feel comfortable playing college ball together. To have an opportunity to play college ball with guys I've won with, and won championships with is something that has to be considered."

Should the Blue Devils strike gold and land Hairston and Thornton, the duo, combined with Dawkins would bring a unique dimension to the Blue Devils. The combination of players that have won championships together prior to college would give any team a step up from the very beginning. Winning is an attitude, and these high level prospects clearly possess that.

That attitude is clearly shown through the 16-Under DC Assault squad in which Thornton and Hairston play on.

"We really play together as a team at DC Assault," Hairston said. "We don't have one kid that thinks of himself before the team. Our focus is on defense first and foremost. We understand how you have to play to win championships.

"In Vegas we were down by 15 points with seven minutes left against the New England Playaz and we came back and won in overtime," he said. "Coach had been talking to me about trying to relax and calm down and just play my game. He said if I did that everything would be all right. We were just playing really tight and not playing as a team like we usually do.

"My coach called a timeout and just talked to us and told us to settle down. He wasn't yelling or anything. He just said relax and play our game. After that I just started crashing the boards hard and I started to get some and ones, so things started to fall into place. But that's how we play."

That kind of mindset is exactly what Coach K and his staff looks for in a player, and by adding a player such as Hairston, they've instantly got a winner.

Throughout the summer process, Hairston said he has seen a noticeable change in himself and his game.

"I can see a dramatic change in myself," he said. "I've gotten better as a player and more importantly as a person. Playing with such a good group of guys has really helped me continue to change and become better in everything I do."
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

DAMNIT K YOU BETTER NOT
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
THIS ONE UP... GET WOJO TO HAND WASH HIS BOXERS/SOCK/TIGHTS ETC... BREAKFAST WHATEVER IT TAKES... I'M SICK OF BEING ON THE BACKBURNER GOT DAMNIT!!!
mad.gif

Dre,

Yea I was just reading that he's 6-8... A power forward??? Is it me or are these kids extremely short at that position these days? What's going on?

and whats Thornton about?

It'll be interesting..

'Package' deals don't happen as much as they're talked about.

I'm pretty confident we get Markel Starks or Thornton (preferably Starks)....It seems Hairston is a toss up right now..

Yea I was just reading that he's 6-8... A power forward??? Is it me or are these kids extremely short at that position these days? What's going on?

Hairston -- Think Jeff Green.

Thornton is a gamer...all he does is win. He is a point guard...pass first, and plays D.

Both would be great additions? All 3? A great class.

I'll give you guys Hairston if we can have Roscoe
wink.gif

Shannon....I can't remember if I posted it in here or not but it was an article with Jeff Green saying how he would have gone to GW had Broadus still beenthere and not moved to G'Town...those teams with Pops, Carl Elliot and those guys woulda been even better.

Shawn Williams (#77 according to Rivals for 09) To Texas..

Tristan Spurlock appears like he'll be at UVA...maybe that says something about Hairston/Morris/Smith?, but who knows.

One last thing on Thornton..

He goes to Gonzaga...III went to Gonzaga...

He plays for DC Assault...David Cox - DC Assault

Not saying that's gona matter in the end...but it's nice to have..

Originally Posted by allen3xis

It'll be interesting..

'Package' deals don't happen as much as they're talked about.

I'm pretty confident we get Markel Starks or Thornton (preferably Starks)....It seems Hairston is a toss up right now..

Hairston -- Think Jeff Green.

Thornton is a gamer...all he does is win. He is a point guard...pass first, and plays D.

Both would be great additions? All 3? A great class.

I'll give you guys Hairston if we can have Roscoe
wink.gif

Shannon....I can't remember if I posted it in here or not but it was an article with Jeff Green saying how he would have gone to GW had Broadus still been there and not moved to G'Town...those teams with Pops, Carl Elliot and those guys woulda been even better.

A Jeff huh??? I'll Take That!!

As Far As Roscoe Goes... You're a greedy bastard Allen! Whats his list looking like anyway, Are We On It????
nerd.gif

Whats his list looking like anyway, Are We On It????
Yeah..

Along with every other elite program..

In no order...G'Town, UNC, Duke, Florida, UCLA, UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Texas, Memphis...

laugh.gif

I swear UNC, Duke and G-Town are on the same 10 kids.

laugh.gif

But yeah.

Boynton looks like a Gaytor.

We need to land that big kid, hasn't been playing for long....

Uhhhh, whats his name....Yarou? Or some *#%@ like that?

We need him too.

Just pull in a super haul and get Roscoe, Thornton, Yarou and Hairston.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(pipe dream, but still )

laugh.gif

I'd love to hear what III, Roy and K all have to say about each others programs.

I think there is mutual respect...but, still...(well, maybe not with Roy and K)

Yah, Yarou.....he's actually a 09 recruit.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Did anyone in Florida ever happen to see David Loubeau play? Someone posted on a message board that he's by far the best ball handling PF he's ever seen. And this kid was supposedly getting recruited by A&M a few years ago...(I'm not taking that seriously, it's probably just some dude with maroon-tinted glasses on). But I also read an article a while back from an NBA scout saying that Loubeau was gonna be a hell of a player, and that A&M got a steal in a kid that was vastly underrated.

Anyone ever seen him in person? I wanna know if I have something to look forward to this year...

edit:
I got a present for allen, and maybe bigmike, too.

Kemba Walker (I know you love his game, allen) on Jrue Holliday (bigmike, you're the only UCLA fan I can remember)

sick.gif

I know bigmike, go ahead and point to the scoreboard and recruiting class rankings if you get mad about this...

�I never watched him play but he average stupid numbers, I remember looking last year and like 30 ppg 18rpg and like 10 blocks.� Something crazy and some ofmy homeboys that played ball with him said he's a monster

I could be exaggerating I just remember it as him putting up crazy stats. I wouldn't doubt it though, he played against a lot of lower class schools

Originally Posted by dreClark

Someone posted on a message board that he's by far the best ball handling PF he's ever seen
Better than LO?

nerd.gif

That's what I was thinking. There have been a few very good ball-handling PFs that I can remember. That's why I followed it up with the
(I'm not taking that seriously, it's probably just some dude with maroon-tinted glasses on)

I'm not sure if you know about most Aggie fans, but they tend to over-exaggerate things a bit.

31 19 and 10?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

what in same hell???? Who the %@#% is he playing against 8th graders???

and Dre,

Yea We Do Need Yarou... and I want Roscoe just for the Hell of it, I'm tired of Gtown & UNC getting all of these top caliber players (Ghostface)I'M HATIN!!!!! (Ghostface)
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom