College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Gonzaga's OOC games:

Old Spice Classic (Oklahoma State in first round)
Indiana (in Indianapolis)
@ Washington State
@ Arizona
UCONN (in Washington)
Portland State
@ Utah
@ Tennessee
Memphis (in Washington)

Teams like Gonzaga and Memphis better schedule some tough OOC games cuz their competition in league is weak sauce.

Well, the whole conference isn't terrible anymore.

San Diego and St. Mary's both made the tournament, and San Diego even won a game.

What I'm saying is throw the Zags or even Memphis into the Big East, Pac 10, even the ACC and they would lose a bunch more games every year.

I'm not implying they would no longer be good teams, but playing quality teams 95% of the time makes league play a lot tougher for schools in powerconferences. For example throw San Diego and St. Mary's (the 2 teams you gave as tournament teams in the WAC) into a real conference, and they would belucky to win 10 games.

What I'm saying is throw the Zags or even Memphis into the Big East, Pac 10, even the ACC and they would lose a bunch more games every year.
?

So you're saying the Big East, Pac 10, and ACC are tougher than Conference USA or the WCC? Really? Tough limb to climb out on...
eyes.gif

Obviously they'd lose more games. But those two teams have and will continue to play top-flight OOC schedules, and more than hold their own against them.

^ who y'all got ooc? (duke)
I haven't seen it yet but I'm almost certain it'll consist of a bunch of games on neutral sites like Charlotte or Greensboro, MSGdefinitely, maybe a game in Jersey, and an away game in the ACC/Big 10 challenge. It's the same damn schedule every year.

As far as UConn their full schedule hasn't been released I believe but I know there's a game at Gonzaga and their Big East schedule was released:

HOME BIG EAST GAMES

GEORGETOWN
NOTRE DAME*
PITTSBURGH*
PROVIDENCE
RUTGERS
SETON HALL*
USF
SYRACUSE
VILLANOVA

AWAY BIG EAST GAMES
CINCINNATI
DEPAUL
LOUISVILLE
MARQUETTE
NOTRE DAME*
PITTSBURGH*
ST. JOHN'S
SETON HALL*
WEST VIRGINIA
* - indicates home and home series.

haha coach crean is only gunna get us guards ehh?? you must know something i dont??
Tell me the last legit big man Crean has had..

It isn't his style.

A) He's never had one

B) He can't develop the 6'8 kids into anything but role players.

His like a current Coach K...only a whole lot worse.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

haha that fla sched is a joke....
Donovan knows what he's doing. He's got an extremely young squad and just lost their main low post presence. No need to kill the kids with a tough OOC schedule, especially when they have the SEC schedule which will be more than adequate.

Yeah. Best believe it will work for them. They will get a top 4 seed in the tourney and they will be fine.

I mean I saw my school do the same thing last year, and they got a 4 seed, even though they were vastly overrated.

Dunk against Syracuse was sick...

It's hard enough to smack off after somebody hits the ball while you're in the air...

This _ dunked it....
smh.gif
smh.gif

that boi gets up I see... I'ma have to ask Haiti how the hell they landed him
laugh.gif

He prolly can't shoot a lick

As far as Dukes non conf. I thought I heard we were supposed to play GTown again this yr, I think Allen told me that earlier in the thread wanted to make awager
laugh.gif

As far as Dukes non conf. I thought I heard we were supposed to play GTown again this yr, I think Allen told me that earlier in the thread wanted to make a wager
Who the hell we got that's guarding Monroe and Sims?
nerd.gif

As far as Dukes non conf. I thought I heard we were supposed to play GTown again this yr, I think Allen told me that earlier in the thread wanted to make a wager
nerd.gif

Battier and Boozer
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif

Battier and Boozer
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Yea that situation isn't looking too well for us
frown.gif

Yeah...this year at Cameron, next year at DC..

I wouldn't worry too much...those guys are a little perimiter orientated right now offensively..(Sims more so)

There greatest addition will be defensively...while they won't be the presence Roy was...they'll be able to hedge out and switch really well. Plusblock shots..

Dar Tucker...kid was slept on as a freshmen all year...I believe he's from Michigan..Top 50 recruit the past year....seems to just always getoverlooked....but definitely one of my favorites for the coming year.

He should log 30+ minutes and probably get close to 20 a game.

We'll run with you guys...no doubt...

So that should be interesting.

I don't expect a win...but it should be a good experience for the younger guys.

Crean did get Marquette to the final 4 right?? Cant say hes not a good coach man....

but our program is takin a 180 and bout 2 do BIG things...

thanks for the hate tho

Back
Top Bottom