COD Modern Warfare 3 - 11.8.11

Originally Posted by pootaing

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

I mean whats your avg points/min, or how many kills are you getting a game?
edit- just in the sense if its below 300 how do you have fun just sittin back waiting for longshots?
Running around racking up a bunch of deaths is not fun.  I never get how that is fun at all?! I can care less about avg/pts a min as it doesn't mean athing. Mine actually is just above 200.  Having over 300 points per minute doesn't mean you are a good player.  The true test of that are #'s such as K/D ration and accuracy. You can rack up a ton of points per minute and have a 20/25. Sure you scored a lot of points but you also hurt your team by taking a ton of deaths.

I guess most people are just not into team play. *shrugs* Fun for me is winning and having a good K/D ratio while doing the little things as well to help my team win like not running around and taking stupid deaths and shooting down spy planes and air strikes.  I love COD but I also realize that the game could use some changes to encourage better team play however I think many of the COD fanbase likes tighter maps and running around aimlessly.  I do realize strategic/tactical players are in the minority as far as the franchise goes.
I'm pretty sure my K/D, win ration, and points per minute are all higher than yours. Keep sitting behind your claymores and being a "team" player 
laugh.gif
Thats the best you can do after making a ridiculous assumption.
indifferent.gif
Come on man try again.  You play the way you do and run around and are not into tactical/team play. Thats cool....not knocking it or coming at you.  No need to catch feelings because I brought up a point about the way the majority of the COD community plays. It's a fair discussion point which others have maturely discussed. However, you clearly caught feelings.

laugh.gif
at the mention of points per minute.  SMH that people really believe that statistic proves anything.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

I mean whats your avg points/min, or how many kills are you getting a game?
edit- just in the sense if its below 300 how do you have fun just sittin back waiting for longshots?
Running around racking up a bunch of deaths is not fun.  I never get how that is fun at all?! I can care less about avg/pts a min as it doesn't mean athing. Mine actually is just above 200.  Having over 300 points per minute doesn't mean you are a good player.  The true test of that are #'s such as K/D ration and accuracy. You can rack up a ton of points per minute and have a 20/25. Sure you scored a lot of points but you also hurt your team by taking a ton of deaths.

I guess most people are just not into team play. *shrugs* Fun for me is winning and having a good K/D ratio while doing the little things as well to help my team win like not running around and taking stupid deaths and shooting down spy planes and air strikes.  I love COD but I also realize that the game could use some changes to encourage better team play however I think many of the COD fanbase likes tighter maps and running around aimlessly.  I do realize strategic/tactical players are in the minority as far as the franchise goes.
I'm pretty sure my K/D, win ration, and points per minute are all higher than yours. Keep sitting behind your claymores and being a "team" player 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Come on man try again.  You play the way you do and run around and are not into tactical/team play. Thats cool....not knocking it or coming at you.  No need to catch feelings because I brought up a point about the way the majority of the COD community plays. It's a fair discussion point which others have maturely discussed. However, you clearly caught feelings.

laugh.gif
at the mention of points per minute.  SMH that people really believe that statistic proves anything.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I mean I am more of a longshot/sniper/deception/team player ran than just aimlessly running around like most do in games of TDM.
What do you mean by deception? 
nerd.gif
Simply just tricking/deceiving players by setting traps (claymores etc) and adjusting my positions of attack. I play with some actual strategy just not running out into the open as I have seen most players do in my years of playing COD.
What's your psn/xbgt?
nerd.gif

I mean I am more of a longshot/sniper/deception/team player ran than just aimlessly running around like most do in games of TDM.
What do you mean by deception? 
nerd.gif
Simply just tricking/deceiving players by setting traps (claymores etc) and adjusting my positions of attack. I play with some actual strategy just not running out into the open as I have seen most players do in my years of playing COD.
What's your psn/xbgt?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

You're making the same type of assumptions though, but about run and gun players;  not all run and gun players die 20+ times every round...
Yall are arguing both extremes.
laugh.gif

And TMD and team tactical do not belong in the same sentence.  TDM comes down to whoever has the faster reflexes, and it doesn't sound like you do if you like to snipe and stare down doorways that already have claymores set up.. No shots...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

You're making the same type of assumptions though, but about run and gun players;  not all run and gun players die 20+ times every round...
laugh.gif

And TMD and team tactical do not belong in the same sentence.  TDM comes down to whoever has the faster reflexes, and it doesn't sound like you do if you like to snipe and stare down doorways that already have claymores set up.. No shots...

K/D is overrated. So is accuracy. I could lay down in the same spot in every map and have a 3+ K/D with 90% accuracy and pile on to those stats over however many days played you have by going 9/3 every match and barely firing off 50 shots a game. Having a high K/D and accuracy doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. It just sounds like you put claymores around your spot and camp out waiting for people to stroll by and kill em. How is that any fun? I could maybe understand that for some objective based games but then again that would mean that you don't go after the objective like the rest of your teammates are probably doing.

K/D is overrated. So is accuracy. I could lay down in the same spot in every map and have a 3+ K/D with 90% accuracy and pile on to those stats over however many days played you have by going 9/3 every match and barely firing off 50 shots a game. Having a high K/D and accuracy doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. It just sounds like you put claymores around your spot and camp out waiting for people to stroll by and kill em. How is that any fun? I could maybe understand that for some objective based games but then again that would mean that you don't go after the objective like the rest of your teammates are probably doing.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1) I never said that all run and gun players die 20 plus times every round.

2) My point is COD as a whole does not favor/encourage tactical play for many factors within the overall multiplayer. However, I am not complaining. I enjoy the game for what it is. Not catching feelings like some in this thread.

3) Playing tactically doesn't mean you stay in one spot and just play with claymores.  In fact I only use claymores on specific boards. Other half of the time on BO I am using motion sensor or tactical insertion.  I use equipment overally that benefits tactical gameplay so no I am not sitting and camping with claymores.  Its just funny how you guys have labeled me as a camper when I even stated I move and adjust my positioning. I move around but I just don't aimlessly run and gun.

Proshares I can actually see your point on K/D being overrated and I can agree that every stat looked upon on its own is overrated indeed.  There needs to be a combined statistic of K/D, accuracy and overall score per minute to truly judge how good a player is along with how they play on big vs medium vs smaller maps.  However, I think both K/D and accuracy are much more telling of a statistic than Score per minute.  It should be about your overall efficiency..... just because you rack up a whole bunch of points doesn't mean you are an efficient/good player.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1) I never said that all run and gun players die 20 plus times every round.

2) My point is COD as a whole does not favor/encourage tactical play for many factors within the overall multiplayer. However, I am not complaining. I enjoy the game for what it is. Not catching feelings like some in this thread.

3) Playing tactically doesn't mean you stay in one spot and just play with claymores.  In fact I only use claymores on specific boards. Other half of the time on BO I am using motion sensor or tactical insertion.  I use equipment overally that benefits tactical gameplay so no I am not sitting and camping with claymores.  Its just funny how you guys have labeled me as a camper when I even stated I move and adjust my positioning. I move around but I just don't aimlessly run and gun.

Proshares I can actually see your point on K/D being overrated and I can agree that every stat looked upon on its own is overrated indeed.  There needs to be a combined statistic of K/D, accuracy and overall score per minute to truly judge how good a player is along with how they play on big vs medium vs smaller maps.  However, I think both K/D and accuracy are much more telling of a statistic than Score per minute.  It should be about your overall efficiency..... just because you rack up a whole bunch of points doesn't mean you are an efficient/good player.

I don't currently play any other FPS's but I am actually going to play/try Battlefield 2 just because I read some decent reviews about how its better suited for tactical/team play. For those of you are run and gun players do you play any other FPS titles and do you enjoy them? Just curious.

I don't currently play any other FPS's but I am actually going to play/try Battlefield 2 just because I read some decent reviews about how its better suited for tactical/team play. For those of you are run and gun players do you play any other FPS titles and do you enjoy them? Just curious.

you can even set a strategy for the new zombie map they move they alter the perks at the locations...I used juggernaut the 1st time just played the 2nd time and it was speed cola now its crazy

you can even set a strategy for the new zombie map they move they alter the perks at the locations...I used juggernaut the 1st time just played the 2nd time and it was speed cola now its crazy

To an extent I still run and gun in Battlefield and Resistance but just like with COD, I know when not to and when to be smart.  And I love both of em.  Medal of Honor is another one.

However, I think both K/D and accuracy are much more telling of a statistic than Score per minute.  It should be about your overall efficiency..... just because you rack up a whole bunch of points doesn't mean you are an efficient/good player.
We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

To an extent I still run and gun in Battlefield and Resistance but just like with COD, I know when not to and when to be smart.  And I love both of em.  Medal of Honor is another one.

However, I think both K/D and accuracy are much more telling of a statistic than Score per minute.  It should be about your overall efficiency..... just because you rack up a whole bunch of points doesn't mean you are an efficient/good player.
We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Cool I appreciate the mature discussion man and I respect the points you made and see where you are coming from.

Good looks on your perspective on Battlefied etc. I am definitely going to pick that up to have some FPS diversity.  I agree with you on when not to and when to be smart as I am pretty much a player that lets the layout of the map dictate how I am going play.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Cool I appreciate the mature discussion man and I respect the points you made and see where you are coming from.

Good looks on your perspective on Battlefied etc. I am definitely going to pick that up to have some FPS diversity.  I agree with you on when not to and when to be smart as I am pretty much a player that lets the layout of the map dictate how I am going play.

Back
Top Bottom