Closed - New thread started

Why wouLd the Kings players be happy? Pretty sure they would much rather live in Seattle then the armpit of Cali.
Someone from the 909 is calling Sacramento the armpit of Cali?
laugh.gif

Seriously though... After reading some articles about Vivek before I knew who he was, I'm completely confident that he's going to turn this around and make them like the A's/Warriors in terms of effectiveness compared to the relative market share due to his Moneyball strategy.

You are cute.
I'm happy this Kings are staying in Sac!! This is where we belong! #HereWeStay #PRINTDAT #nbacity
— Tyreke Evans (@TyrekeEvans) May 16, 2013
Big Ups to @kj_mayorjohnson On Keepin the Kings in Sac.......Started to Move, Now We Here!!!!!!!! #Respect
— Jason Thompson (@jtthekid) May 17, 2013
Got the word that the kings are staying in Sac and its finally official. So happy!! #herewestay
— Omri Casspi (@Casspi18) May 15, 2013
Very excited for the fans of Sacramento!Can't wait to get back next year and play for you guys again!
— Jimmer Fredette (@jimmerfredette) May 15, 2013

Seriously though... After reading some articles about Vivek before I knew who he was, I'm completely confident that he's going to turn this around and make them like the A's/Warriors in terms of effectiveness compared to the relative market share due to his Moneyball strategy.
I'm just excited to see some sort of direction and movement in the right direction.

Ain't no way the Kings can be any worse than they've been these last few years and with a proper front office, advance scouting for the first time ever, and a nice coach; things are looking up

Also, I've talked to a few former players and they all liked it here in Sacramento once they got here 
happy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Two young employees at Tibco Software Inc. recently challenged the head of the company to a pull-up contest, and Vivek Ranadive didn't hesitate to accept.

The employees, men in their 30s, combined to gut out 12 pull-ups. Ranadive, who is 55, pumped out nearly twice as many.

"When he was done, he just hung up there for two minutes looking at them," said Roger Craig, the former San Francisco 49ers star who is now an executive at Tibco and a close friend of Ranadive's. "He said to them, 'I can do more. You want me to do more?' "

Along with his drive – he soundly defeated another Tibco executive in a push-up contest by completing 150 – Ranadive brings a hands-on leadership style, Craig said. He has been known to pitch in on sales calls at Tibco, a $1 billion-a-year software firm in Palo Alto that specializes in data analysis and e-commerce.

"He hates to lose," Craig said. "I don't care if someone's grandmother is on the tennis court, he's going to beat that person."

In an interview Friday, Ranadive acknowledged his ultra-competitive side. He said his first order of business is to ensure the sale of large numbers of season tickets for Kings games. After that, he said, "we want to restore this team to its former greatness."

My owner :pimp:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/19/5431406/new-kings-boss-ranadive-is-all.html

Why wouLd the Kings players be happy? Pretty sure they would much rather live in Seattle then the armpit of Cali.

quit being a douche man. you act like these players are restricted to sac for the whole season. or that every nba player is a party animal.

seattle isnt exactly hollywood or las vegas either...

does any of you guys got any idea how i can involved with the building process of the stadium seems like a great job importunity.

Two young employees at Tibco Software Inc. recently challenged the head of the company to a pull-up contest, and Vivek Ranadive didn't hesitate to accept.

The employees, men in their 30s, combined to gut out 12 pull-ups. Ranadive, who is 55, pumped out nearly twice as many.

"When he was done, he just hung up there for two minutes looking at them," said Roger Craig, the former San Francisco 49ers star who is now an executive at Tibco and a close friend of Ranadive's. "He said to them, 'I can do more. You want me to do more?' "
Along with his drive – he soundly defeated another Tibco executive in a push-up contest by completing 150 – Ranadive brings a hands-on leadership style, Craig said. He has been known to pitch in on sales calls at Tibco, a $1 billion-a-year software firm in Palo Alto that specializes in data analysis and e-commerce.
"He hates to lose," Craig said. "I don't care if someone's grandmother is on the tennis court, he's going to beat that person."

In an interview Friday, Ranadive acknowledged his ultra-competitive side. He said his first order of business is to ensure the sale of large numbers of season tickets for Kings games. After that, he said, "we want to restore this team to its former greatness."
My owner
pimp.gif

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/19/5431406/new-kings-boss-ranadive-is-all.html
Must be doing the Bruce Lee workouts. Looking at the pictures of him, he looks rather frail.

They should go back to this set right here. I loved those purple ones. Wish I copped a Webber one back in '99 when I had the chance.

See if Arco wants to rebuy the naming rights too.

Last edited:
Kings players in Sacramento are basically what they are, KINGS. Dudes own the Sac-town nightlife scene. Big fish in a small pond, get all the Ratchets, and you're Head Honcho.

Kings players in Sacramento are basically what they are, KINGS. Dudes own the Sac-town nightlife scene. Big fish in a small pond, get all the Ratchets, and you're Head Honcho.
Not just them, but opposing players too 
laugh.gif

Seeing Josh Childress and Tyshawn Taylor do work at Dive Bar a few months ago was 
eek.gif
 and 
roll.gif
 at the same time. And I don't think anyone even really knew who Taylor was 
laugh.gif

I know for a fact JT and Outlaw actually like it here. And from my conversation with Carl Landry the summer after he got traded to NOH, he definitely liked it here too. There's a reason why he still has his home at Morgan Creek.
They should go back to this set right here. I loved those purple ones. Wish I copped a Webber one back in '99 when I had the chance.

See if Arco wants to rebuy the naming rights too.
Cosign all of this.

But I'd be cool with just a slightly update version of the old jerseys, like keep the font and change up the piping a little.

I don't really think it'd be for the best if they just wore throwbacks every game 
laugh.gif

i was in a downtown cluub with reek and evans a few weeks ago they was just chillin in gen pop no VIP tall as ever just enjoying life no struggle nobody really knowing they name, god forbid they have a playoff season next year, which i hope. they got the talent no doubt just look at the pacers same damn team just ......... well i live it to you diehards.

should we have an off/next season thread?

I'll leave it to Mister916 to make it, I hate starting threads 
laugh.gif

what was the most expensive free agent we've signed in the last 5 years??? Chuck Hayes?

Back
Top Bottom