Closed - New thread started

I'm surprised Carmichael Dave hasn't had a reference yet of Sacramento "whaling" on Seattle.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif

*smashed iphone with hammer to prove allegiance*

Last edited by a moderator:
seeing national writers starting to chime in is nice 
nthat.gif

If anyone other than Kevin Johnson was the mayor of Sacramento, the Kings would be long gone. He's made miracles happen.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) March 26, 2013
The NBA has no problem leaving cities that offer nothing. The city of Sacramento plans to contribute $258 million to build a new arena.
Vivek Ranadive is a key part of the Kings ownership group. NBA is making a big push in India and having him as an owner would be huge.
I'm sorry Seattle but I'm begining to think the Kings are staying in Sacramento.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id…
Cousins is too funny in this video

http://www.news10.net/video/2253452781001/1/Sacramento-Kings-make-their-Final-Four-Selections

I'm surprised Carmichael Dave hasn't had a reference yet of Sacramento "whaling" on Seattle.
laugh.gif
I'm trying so hard not to be overly confident with this whole thing
Me too. But considering that the process has been fairly slow in that not all of the ownership was hastily rolled out and Johnson wasn't just endorsing anyone (Since Ellison was rumored to be interested), and that there has been a methodical plan set in place to keep them here, it's hard not to be confident.

Do we know whether Vivek has any influence with the members of the BOG since he is a minority owner of the Warriors?

There's ANOTHER thing... why give up your current stake in a team, or at least your reputation, if you aren't sure that this thing will go through? If anything, this only increases the value of the team once Seattle gets a team since they are a larger market. At this point, it's in the owners best interest to keep the team in Sac because it's a smaller market and let Seattle bid more for an expansion team down the road.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Balmer/Hansen group has a clause in their contract that they can increase their bid with the Maloof's. If there is a last minute allowance for a change in their contract, then Sacramento might actually be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past George Maloof to put something like that in there to screw Sacramento and line their pockets after all he's put the city through.

George Maloof isn't smart enough to do that. Hell, they didn't even know about the RoFR. I'd keep a keen eye on Kehriotis and his group. They've been a little too quiet as the minority ownership group considering they have plans to purchase majority ownership AND build an arena in Natomas.

I'm pretty sure Stern thoroughly read the contract and approved the sale. Hence why we believe the only bidding left will be from Sacramento. It's like when a class is taking a test, there's always that one kid that wants to finish first. That's what the Hansen/Ballmer group did. Once you submit your test you can't take it back to make corrections or alterations.

George Maloof isn't smart enough to do that. Hell, they didn't even know about the RoFR. I'd keep a keen eye on Kehriotis and his group. They've been a little too quiet as the minority ownership group considering they have plans to purchase majority ownership AND build an arena in Natomas.

I'm pretty sure Stern thoroughly read the contract and approved the sale. Hence why we believe the only bidding left will be from Sacramento. It's like when a class is taking a test, there's always that one kid that wants to finish first. That's what the Hansen/Ballmer group did. Once you submit your test you can't take it back to make corrections or alterations.
See, that's where I have to disagree since the original intent as to keep the whole thing under wraps until it was closer to the BOG meeting so Sacramento wouldn't have a shot. It was only by accident that it became known that the team was for sale. The original efforts over the last to years have only been to prevent the team from relocating. This battle is a whole nother animal since we know that this is more than just about becoming solvent for the Maloofs because they didn't even attempt to make the sale known to buyers in Sacramento or anyone outside of Hansen/Balmer.

laugh.gif
I'm trying so hard not to be overly confident with this whole thing
Me too. But considering that the process has been fairly slow in that not all of the ownership was hastily rolled out and Johnson wasn't just endorsing anyone (Since Ellison was rumored to be interested), and that there has been a methodical plan set in place to keep them here, it's hard not to be confident.

Do we know whether Vivek has any influence with the members of the BOG since he is a minority owner of the Warriors?

There's ANOTHER thing... why give up your current stake in a team, or at least your reputation, if you aren't sure that this thing will go through? If anything, this only increases the value of the team once Seattle gets a team since they are a larger market. At this point, it's in the owners best interest to keep the team in Sac because it's a smaller market and let Seattle bid more for an expansion team down the road.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Balmer/Hansen group has a clause in their contract that they can increase their bid with the Maloof's. If there is a last minute allowance for a change in their contract, then Sacramento might actually be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past George Maloof to put something like that in there to screw Sacramento and line their pockets after all he's put the city through.
KJ wasn't just throwing out invites left and right because he wanted to make sure potential equity investors were on the same page. With Ellison, I'll assume he didn't want to commit to Sac long term, and with the minority owners he told them to **** off because he doesn't want to provide public subsidy to a Natomas site (Sidenote, this girl I know from HS is dating Greg Van Dusan's son 
roll.gif
)

Also, I think only Mastrov/Burkle was KJ's doing in when to roll out the whales publicly. With Vivek and Paul Jacobs, I think they just wanted to wait for the right time (which coincidentally came right as the term sheet was coming out), in which they were positive Sacramento was a sure shot. These dudes are for a reason, they are here to win this battle and keep this team in Sacramento.

And to your question of Vivek. as a current NBA owner, I think he has some connections with the BoG and other owners around the league. He's apparently friends with Ted Leonsis and David Stern, so we got that going. Maybe Joe Lacob will have his back also
If you haven't watched it yet, here it is
this is so dope 
nthat.gif

Fong adamantly votes no, after his speech one lone person stands and applauds him 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

final vote 7-2

McCarty and Fong are the lone no-votes.

Lets make sure we don't re-elect them again.

Another great day for Sacramento 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom