Christopher Louis V. Backpack... yay or nay? w/ pics

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Am i the only one who finds this "it's fake" logic ridiculous.

So let me get this straight...ya'll would drop $1000+ on a "real" louis V bag than dropping $200 on a "fake" one...when quite frankly, the "real" bag and the fake bag are one in the same( they're made from the same material). Only difference in the ridiculous inflation in price

Both bags are the same people...the "real" louis V won't make you jump any higher than you already do...it won't even amplify your swag as much as you think it will...and best believe they were made with the same machine, most likely in the same factory, and in the same amount of time. No special treatment...

You wan't a real bag, just get a JANSPORT--the only brand i recognize when it comes to bags...Northface = quality Jackets, Jansport = quality bags...

I KINDA agree with you.
I mean whats the point in buyin a real LV bag? attention, so getting a fake one will garner the same results. Truth be told, even if you had a real one, people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

I'd say do it if it was like $50. $200 is OD for any bag, real or fake.

To be honest, plenty of LV buyers aren't in it for attention. My bosses and bosses' wives, my mom and grandma all love LV but not so that they can brag about it. At times, they even like how the subtle ones. Some maybe gaudy and attracts plenty of attention but quality goes along with it. Like Falcon said, real LV bags can be passed down to your kids and grand kids. Plus LV was a true bags and travel bags manufacturer and their history more than speaks for themselves.

If you pay attention, plenty of women love Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Chanel and Hermes bags. All of them are made great with excellent materials and their best sellers aren't the ones with monograms, as a matter of fact, the brands I mentioned doesn't have monogrammed bags for the most part. It is because they like how it looks, the design and knows that it will last. I'm not big on LV's monogram but I love their Graphite Collection so it really does have something to do with how it looks and executed.

c'mon man...you know what Im gettin at.
in general, people in our age bracket that specifically buy the monogram stuff are buyin it to show off plain and simple. Kanye, and Jay and any other dudes under 40 arent passin these bags off to their kids. They'll be in a closet or lost or given away in the next year or two.
thats who Im talkin about...not the 42 year old wasp.
if people in our age bracket are looking for functionality, I doubt theyre droppin a G on any bag. And even the people you mention that buy the real stuff, buy it because a certain somethin comes with it. If the bags were exactly the same(materials, craftsmanship, etc), but much less cost, and with a different name, they wouldnt be nearly as popular. you said it yourself, you have to pay for the NAME.
its marketing.

I know what your getting at but from my experience in my personal life, that just isn't so. Like I said, especially with women, they prefer other brands than LV like Chanel, MJ, etc... and yes it is the name but it is not necessarily to flaunt for the simple fact that most of these bags looks pretty plain but cost the same or more than LV bags. Most are just made in simple black leather with certain designs that appeals to them and that is what I see more often.

Truth be told, I would drop $1k on a travel bag once I ge the free time to travel. It will get a lot of use and I would rather spend $1k on a bag that would last a decade than buying 3-4 different ones every couple of years for $200-$300. Now I am sure there are alternatives but it doesn't have to be fake. Like truex and Tumi, sure those will withstand the test of time like LV but there is that certain exclusivity with LV (somethign we can agree on) but design-wise, if you see something that LV does and no one else does, I will surely not take the fake version.

I can see where your going with attracting attention though, which is obvious with the OP looking for a bad that gets more girls but why buy a fake? People just need to be themselves and live by their means, no need to pretend that you have a real LV when you can't really afford it.

But to be honest though, not to attack you or your character, but to say that $200 is overdone for any bag, real or fake, is somewhat crazy. I'm pretty sure you can understand that there can be a huge different between a $50 bag made by Nike compared to a $200 bag made by Jack Spade or even NorthFace, and that the $200 bag can outlast the $50 bag without hesitation.

I see where youre coming from. as far as the OP, he wants attention, which is fine in my book cause we all do on some level, so if he thinks a LV bag will getit for him, then he's gotta do him. if he can do it for $50, instead of $1000, then its not a bad investment.

I agree about the plain stuff selling well, but theres still that underlying exclusivity angle. My boy buys his wife a bunch of (imo)overpriced Chanel andChloe pouches and purses. Like you said, theyre plain, and i cant really speak on the construction angle to know if theyre really worth the price. One thingI've noticed though is that the people I know that purchase some of the brands you named, have alot of it, so the durability and construction dont evencome into play. its not like theyre used everyday and get alot of wear. Bottom line, they got it because of the name. And I may be comin off wrong, buttruthfully, i dont see anything wrong with that, however I dont subscribe to that kind of consumerism. furthermore, the passing down argument dosent fly (intheir cases) because they get the new stuff for the following season, and the "old" stuff is piled up in a closet
*shrug*
Im personally not a bag guy. I have a $60 Jansport backpack and its more than sufficient for my needs. Im sayin $200 for a book bag is OD. If youretraveling or hiking and really need a substantial bag, then a higher price is understandable. but to carry books for 8-9 months, I feel like $200 is OD. iwont knock a person for droppin that, but I wouldnt

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Am i the only one who finds this "it's fake" logic ridiculous.

So let me get this straight...ya'll would drop $1000+ on a "real" louis V bag than dropping $200 on a "fake" one...when quite frankly, the "real" bag and the fake bag are one in the same( they're made from the same material). Only difference in the ridiculous inflation in price

Both bags are the same people...the "real" louis V won't make you jump any higher than you already do...it won't even amplify your swag as much as you think it will...and best believe they were made with the same machine, most likely in the same factory, and in the same amount of time. No special treatment...

You wan't a real bag, just get a JANSPORT--the only brand i recognize when it comes to bags...Northface = quality Jackets, Jansport = quality bags...

I KINDA agree with you.
I mean whats the point in buyin a real LV bag? attention, so getting a fake one will garner the same results. Truth be told, even if you had a real one, people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

I'd say do it if it was like $50. $200 is OD for any bag, real or fake.

To be honest, plenty of LV buyers aren't in it for attention. My bosses and bosses' wives, my mom and grandma all love LV but not so that they can brag about it. At times, they even like how the subtle ones. Some maybe gaudy and attracts plenty of attention but quality goes along with it. Like Falcon said, real LV bags can be passed down to your kids and grand kids. Plus LV was a true bags and travel bags manufacturer and their history more than speaks for themselves.

If you pay attention, plenty of women love Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Chanel and Hermes bags. All of them are made great with excellent materials and their best sellers aren't the ones with monograms, as a matter of fact, the brands I mentioned doesn't have monogrammed bags for the most part. It is because they like how it looks, the design and knows that it will last. I'm not big on LV's monogram but I love their Graphite Collection so it really does have something to do with how it looks and executed.

c'mon man...you know what Im gettin at.
in general, people in our age bracket that specifically buy the monogram stuff are buyin it to show off plain and simple. Kanye, and Jay and any other dudes under 40 arent passin these bags off to their kids. They'll be in a closet or lost or given away in the next year or two.
thats who Im talkin about...not the 42 year old wasp.
if people in our age bracket are looking for functionality, I doubt theyre droppin a G on any bag. And even the people you mention that buy the real stuff, buy it because a certain somethin comes with it. If the bags were exactly the same(materials, craftsmanship, etc), but much less cost, and with a different name, they wouldnt be nearly as popular. you said it yourself, you have to pay for the NAME.
its marketing.

I know what your getting at but from my experience in my personal life, that just isn't so. Like I said, especially with women, they prefer other brands than LV like Chanel, MJ, etc... and yes it is the name but it is not necessarily to flaunt for the simple fact that most of these bags looks pretty plain but cost the same or more than LV bags. Most are just made in simple black leather with certain designs that appeals to them and that is what I see more often.

Truth be told, I would drop $1k on a travel bag once I ge the free time to travel. It will get a lot of use and I would rather spend $1k on a bag that would last a decade than buying 3-4 different ones every couple of years for $200-$300. Now I am sure there are alternatives but it doesn't have to be fake. Like truex and Tumi, sure those will withstand the test of time like LV but there is that certain exclusivity with LV (somethign we can agree on) but design-wise, if you see something that LV does and no one else does, I will surely not take the fake version.

I can see where your going with attracting attention though, which is obvious with the OP looking for a bad that gets more girls but why buy a fake? People just need to be themselves and live by their means, no need to pretend that you have a real LV when you can't really afford it.

But to be honest though, not to attack you or your character, but to say that $200 is overdone for any bag, real or fake, is somewhat crazy. I'm pretty sure you can understand that there can be a huge different between a $50 bag made by Nike compared to a $200 bag made by Jack Spade or even NorthFace, and that the $200 bag can outlast the $50 bag without hesitation.

I see where youre coming from. as far as the OP, he wants attention, which is fine in my book cause we all do on some level, so if he thinks a LV bag will get it for him, then he's gotta do him. if he can do it for $50, instead of $1000, then its not a bad investment.

I agree about the plain stuff selling well, but theres still that underlying exclusivity angle. My boy buys his wife a bunch of (imo)overpriced Chanel and Chloe pouches and purses. Like you said, theyre plain, and i cant really speak on the construction angle to know if theyre really worth the price. One thing I've noticed though is that the people I know that purchase some of the brands you named, have alot of it, so the durability and construction dont even come into play. its not like theyre used everyday and get alot of wear. Bottom line, they got it because of the name. And I may be comin off wrong, but truthfully, i dont see anything wrong with that, however I dont subscribe to that kind of consumerism. furthermore, the passing down argument dosent fly (in their cases) because they get the new stuff for the following season, and the "old" stuff is piled up in a closet
*shrug*
Im personally not a bag guy. I have a $60 Jansport backpack and its more than sufficient for my needs. Im sayin $200 for a book bag is OD. If youre traveling or hiking and really need a substantial bag, then a higher price is understandable. but to carry books for 8-9 months, I feel like $200 is OD. i wont knock a person for droppin that, but I wouldnt

I see what your saying now.
I know quite a few women who buys a bag or two and uses it for a whole year before it goes back to the dust bag and the box and stays in the closet for specialoccasions. Surprisingly, these bags gets lots of use and seeing how they use it, they might as well be backpackign with it will all the crap they put in it. Itis also a shock at how much stuff they could fit in such a small bag so they do get a lot of use. At the end of the year though, with a quick run of leatherlotion, they are back to looking like new. So eventually, those will be handed down to their little sisters or their future daughters.

As fo rbook bags, I still carry a messenger bag around and they do go through a lot of wear and tear so to me, spendign a little extra on a bag really doesmatter. I guess it will depend on the persons daily activity. I go through a bag about a year to a year and a half before I need or in my case, want tochange.
laugh.gif
yes, I am a victim of being "one of those" consumerswho wants something new even when they do not need it yet. I've never been good in discerning what is a "need" and what is a "want." Ialways give in the want, but enough about me.

As for the OP, I just think he can do much better than buying fakes to attract women. Nothing wrong with being himself and he should go with that philosophymore than anything. Also, I just do not like promoting fakes. If the thread was simply about buying the bag because he likes it, but an authentic LV, then Iwould say to go with his instincts and do not worry about what others say but if it is fake, I will have an opinion abou it. But I should take my own advicethough. So I'll just tell the OP to do what he feels he should and not let anyone else influence his decision.

uhm no. just the fact that its fake is terrible but a fake christopher?

that bag is so +@++%!# rare and expensive, why even bother?

Back
Top Bottom