Christopher Louis V. Backpack... yay or nay? w/ pics

That's how i'm feeling right about now... gettin roasted on my first thread
smh.gif

NT does NOT play around, but I appreciate the insight fam.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Am i the only one who finds this "it's fake" logic ridiculous.

So let me get this straight...ya'll would drop $1000+ on a "real" louis V bag than dropping $200 on a "fake" one...when quite frankly, the "real" bag and the fake bag are one in the same( they're made from the same material). Only difference in the ridiculous inflation in price

Both bags are the same people...the "real" louis V won't make you jump any higher than you already do...it won't even amplify your swag as much as you think it will...and best believe they were made with the same machine, most likely in the same factory, and in the same amount of time. No special treatment...

You wan't a real bag, just get a JANSPORT--the only brand i recognize when it comes to bags...Northface = quality Jackets, Jansport = quality bags...
No special treatment? We're talking about Louis Vuitton a company that got to where it is because of outstanding quality; a real LV piece willbe able to handed down to your children's children, your fake piece will be meated in a month tops. You buy a high-end accessory for CRAFTSMANSHIP notjust because you want some sort of approval from stupid kids who don't know better.

So let me get this straight...ya'll would drop $1000+ on a "real" louis V bag than dropping $200 on a "fake" one...when quite frankly, the "real" bag and the fake bag are one in the same( they're made from the same material). Only difference in the ridiculous inflation in price

Both bags are the same people...the "real" louis V won't make you jump any higher than you already do...it won't even amplify your swag as much as you think it will...and best believe they were made with the same machine, most likely in the same factory, and in the same amount of time. No special treatment...

You wan't a real bag, just get a JANSPORT--the only brand i recognize when it comes to bags...Northface = quality Jackets, Jansport = quality bags...

That is one of th most ridiculous things I've read. How is the real one the same as the fake? They do not use real material, you really think LV would selltheir materials by the roll to anyone who wants to buy it? Come one now, even JB uses a much inferior material on their retroes comapred to the OG's andthose are two very real, authentic items. I've held and seen fake LV's and believe me, quality is not even clsoe to being the same.

Both bags are the same people? The real LV won't make you jump higher? Is that a stupid reference or analogy to Air Jordans that they can't make youjump higher just because it's Air Jordans? Really now? If you really think people buy Jordans because it makes them play better or jump higher then...never mind, I won't even get into that.

It's even more ridiculous to say they use the same machine, factory and time to make it. You need to do some research and find out how these things aremade before making bold statements like that.

As for price, I can agree that you pay way more because of the name but you got to pay to play.

Edit: Damn, I think this the first time I agree with Falcon on something.
laugh.gif
We seem to bump heads on most issues/discussions.

62d35dd5edf4e480bf0fbba0a643e8c8085f449.gif

for saying that something fake is made as good as the real deal. Plus the "it's fake" logic we speak of makes perfect said. Why drop anythingover $5 for anything thats fake. Dude said he was going to but a fake LV bag for $150-$200. Let that sink into your mind for a little bit before posting nexttime

I KINDA agree with you.
I mean whats the point in buyin a real LV bag? attention, so getting a fake one will garner the same results. Truth be told, even if you had a real one,people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

I'd say do it if it was like $50. $200 is OD for any bag, real or fake.

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
Lies, we both love Alan Moore.

Although pretty much everyone does except John Bryne.

2ug0yuq.jpg
Reaching a bit there aren't we.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I KINDA agree with you.
I mean whats the point in buyin a real LV bag? attention, so getting a fake one will garner the same results. Truth be told, even if you had a real one, people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

To be honest, plenty of LV buyers aren't in it for attention. My bosses and bosses' wives, my mom and grandma all love LV but not so that they canbrag about it. At times, they even like how the subtle ones. Some maybe gaudy and attracts plenty of attention but quality goes along with it. Like Falconsaid, real LV bags can be passed down to your kids and grand kids. Plus LV was a true bags and travel bags manufacturer and their history more than speaks forthemselves.

If you pay attention, plenty of women love Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Chanel and Hermes bags. All of them are made great with excellent materials and their bestsellers aren't the ones with monograms, as a matter of fact, the brands I mentioned doesn't have monogrammed bags for the most part. It is because theylike how it looks, the design and knows that it will last. I'm not big on LV's monogram but I love their Graphite Collection so it really does havesomething to do with how it looks and executed.

LV is so played out now.... the people that actually buy the real things get the ones without the monogram print, so you cant even tell its LV... cuz too manypeople rock the fake stuff wanting people to think its real...

That is one of th most ridiculous things I've read. How is the real one the same as the fake? They do not use real material, you really think LV would sell their materials by the roll to anyone who wants to buy it? Come one now, even JB uses a much inferior material on their retroes comapred to the OG's and those are two very real, authentic items. I've held and seen fake LV's and believe me, quality is not even clsoe to being the same.

Both bags are the same people? The real LV won't make you jump higher? Is that a stupid reference or analogy to Air Jordans that they can't make you jump higher just because it's Air Jordans? Really now? If you really think people buy Jordans because it makes them play better or jump higher then... never mind, I won't even get into that.

It's even more ridiculous to say they use the same machine, factory and time to make it. You need to do some research and find out how these things are made before making bold statements like that.

As for price, I can agree that you pay way more because of the name but you got to pay to play.

laugh.gif

Ok...buddy, w/e you say...the my whole point was to draw attention to the absurdity that is dropping a $1000+ on a bag...not even a suitcase type bag, but abook-bag type bag.

Clearly my analogy wasn't to your liking...so think of it this way-- the "real" L.V bag won't hold anymore/carry anymore than the"imitation". The reference to "air jordan" was made to reinforce my point--which was that, spending a grip on the "official"merchandise (air jordans) won't make you that much of a better baller than if you bought fakes of ebay--likewise, spending a $1000+ on an"official" Louis won't do anymore for you than if you spent 200+ on the knock-offs.

Now if the Op wanted to drop a $1000+ on the real goods, he wouldn't have even made this post. He's considering the "imitation's" becausehe can do that...his society wont penalize him for having fakes. Its about the looks--the one that get the birds flocking. So obviously, spending a G on a lookyou can acquire with just 200 spent is stupid...

But clearly...you missed the point behind the post...clearly...
tired.gif
tired.gif

That is one of th most ridiculous things I've read. How is the real one the same as the fake? They do not use real material, you really think LV would sell their materials by the roll to anyone who wants to buy it? Come one now, even JB uses a much inferior material on their retroes comapred to the OG's and those are two very real, authentic items. I've held and seen fake LV's and believe me, quality is not even clsoe to being the same.

Both bags are the same people? The real LV won't make you jump higher? Is that a stupid reference or analogy to Air Jordans that they can't make you jump higher just because it's Air Jordans? Really now? If you really think people buy Jordans because it makes them play better or jump higher then... never mind, I won't even get into that.

It's even more ridiculous to say they use the same machine, factory and time to make it. You need to do some research and find out how these things are made before making bold statements like that.

laugh.gif

Ok...buddy, w/e you say...the my whole point was to draw attention to the absurdity that is dropping a $1000+ on a bag...not even a suitcase type bag, but a book-bag type bag.

Clearly my analogy wasn't to your liking...so think of it this way-- the "real" L.V bag won't hold anymore/carry anymore than the "imitation". The reference to "air jordan" was made to reinforce my point--which was that, spending a grip on the "official" merchandise (air jordans) won't make you that much of a better of a baller than if you bought fakes of ebay--similarly, spending a $1000+ on an "official" Louis won't do anymore for you than if you spent 200+ on the knock-offs.

Now if the Op wanted to drop a $1000+ on the real goods, he wouldn't have even made this post. He's considering the "imitation's" because he can do that...his society wont penalize him for having fakes. Its about the looks--the one that get the birds flocking. So obviously, spending a G on a look you can acquire with just 200 spent is much more sensible...

But clearly...you missed the point behind the post...clearly...
tired.gif
tired.gif

I didn't miss the point, it is the fact that you said incorrectly and miss plenty of other factors that goes into it. So your saying a fake pair ofJordans will feel and perform the same as real Jordans? I can guarantee you it won't be the same. The same way that a real LV bag will outlast a fake on100x-fold. My mom received a fake LV bag for her birthday last year and she used it for a whole week and it literally fell apart on her. The gold metalsstarted to flake, the leather straps started to rip and the lining inside became undone. It's not just because the same amount can be put in a bag, if thatwere the case, get a paper bag at Ralphs, it would probably fit the same amount of books as the fake LV bag so why spend the $200 when you can get the paperbag for free? You see how that analogy works?

You clearly said materials were the same and they are not.
You clearly said they were made in the same amount of time and they are not.
You clearly said they were made form the same factory and machine and they are not.
I was just proving that most of your point weren't valid and that your argument was weak, thats all.

The OP did ask if he should get the fake LV and almost everyone clearly said not to but he wasn't arguing whether he should get the real one or not but youjust happen to bring that point, which ahs led us to this discussion so that isn't really a valid defense for your statement earlier. However, if you wantto get into that, I'll be more than happy to ablige.
happy.gif

Truth be told, even if you had a real one, people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

I disagree with this I know a chick a sophmore in hs with an authentic backpack thing looks huge on her cause she's so little
laugh.gif

The price of anything can be od it's a matter of what you think your money should be geared toward

I'm not gonna lie...yea the fake is gonna look the exact same. Cop it if u want to tho...But a big +@@ lv bag like that is kinda overdoin it...Hope you gota nice car to match it haha

I KINDA agree with you.
I mean whats the point in buyin a real LV bag? attention, so getting a fake one will garner the same results. Truth be told, even if you had a real one, people would think its fake cause what student is walkin around with a $1000 bag?

To be honest, plenty of LV buyers aren't in it for attention. My bosses and bosses' wives, my mom and grandma all love LV but not so that they can brag about it. At times, they even like how the subtle ones. Some maybe gaudy and attracts plenty of attention but quality goes along with it. Like Falcon said, real LV bags can be passed down to your kids and grand kids. Plus LV was a true bags and travel bags manufacturer and their history more than speaks for themselves.

If you pay attention, plenty of women love Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Chanel and Hermes bags. All of them are made great with excellent materials and their best sellers aren't the ones with monograms, as a matter of fact, the brands I mentioned doesn't have monogrammed bags for the most part. It is because they like how it looks, the design and knows that it will last. I'm not big on LV's monogram but I love their Graphite Collection so it really does have something to do with how it looks and executed.

c'mon man...you know what Im gettin at.
in general, people in our age bracket that specifically buy the monogram stuff are buyin it to show off plain and simple. Kanye, and Jay and any other dudesunder 40 arent passin these bags off to their kids. They'll be in a closet or lost or given away in the next year or two.
thats who Im talkin about...not the 42 year old wasp.
if people in our age bracket are looking for functionality, I doubt theyre droppin a G on any bag. And even the people you mention that buy the real stuff,buy it because a certain somethin comes with it. If the bags were exactly the same(materials, craftsmanship, etc), but much less cost, and with a differentname, they wouldnt be nearly as popular. you said it yourself, you have to pay for the NAME.
its marketing.

I KINDA agree with you.

To be honest, plenty of LV buyers aren't in it for attention. My bosses and bosses' wives, my mom and grandma all love LV but not so that they can brag about it. At times, they even like how the subtle ones. Some maybe gaudy and attracts plenty of attention but quality goes along with it. Like Falcon said, real LV bags can be passed down to your kids and grand kids. Plus LV was a true bags and travel bags manufacturer and their history more than speaks for themselves.

If you pay attention, plenty of women love Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Chanel and Hermes bags. All of them are made great with excellent materials and their best sellers aren't the ones with monograms, as a matter of fact, the brands I mentioned doesn't have monogrammed bags for the most part. It is because they like how it looks, the design and knows that it will last. I'm not big on LV's monogram but I love their Graphite Collection so it really does have something to do with how it looks and executed.

c'mon man...you know what Im gettin at.
in general, people in our age bracket that specifically buy the monogram stuff are buyin it to show off plain and simple. Kanye, and Jay and any other dudes under 40 arent passin these bags off to their kids. They'll be in a closet or lost or given away in the next year or two.
thats who Im talkin about...not the 42 year old wasp.
if people in our age bracket are looking for functionality, I doubt theyre droppin a G on any bag. And even the people you mention that buy the real stuff, buy it because a certain somethin comes with it. If the bags were exactly the same(materials, craftsmanship, etc), but much less cost, and with a different name, they wouldnt be nearly as popular. you said it yourself, you have to pay for the NAME.
its marketing.

I know what your getting at but from my experience in my personal life, that just isn't so. Like I said, especially with women, they prefer other brandsthan LV like Chanel, MJ, etc... and yes it is the name but it is not necessarily to flaunt for the simple fact that most of these bags looks pretty plain butcost the same or more than LV bags. Most are just made in simple black leather with certain designs that appeals to them and that is what I see more often.

Truth be told, I would drop $1k on a travel bag once I ge the free time to travel. It will get a lot of use and I would rather spend $1k on a bag that wouldlast a decade than buying 3-4 different ones every couple of years for $200-$300. Now I am sure there are alternatives but it doesn't have to be fake. Liketruex and Tumi, sure those will withstand the test of time like LV but there is that certain exclusivity with LV (somethign we can agree on) but design-wise,if you see something that LV does and no one else does, I will surely not take the fake version.

I can see where your going with attracting attention though, which is obvious with the OP looking for a bad that gets more girls but why buy a fake? Peoplejust need to be themselves and live by their means, no need to pretend that you have a real LV when you can't really afford it.

But to be honest though, not to attack you or your character, but to say that $200 is overdone for any bag, real or fake, is somewhat crazy. I'm prettysure you can understand that there can be a huge different between a $50 bag made by Nike compared to a $200 bag made by Jack Spade or even NorthFace, and thatthe $200 bag can outlast the $50 bag without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom