Chief Keef & G.O.O.D MUSIC - "I DON'T LIKE" REMIX

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by G14

son is bugging out tho

its just a "mixtape remix"

like it aint no album cut or something

if anything be dope that kanye would want to co-produce on one of your beats...let alone...."A MIXTAPE TRACK".....

G14 how would you react in this situation?

would be calm and cool cause i always tagg my beats some where in that joint

but if some case no tag ...i wouldnt even be madd, ima still be letting people know i produced the track and kanye  & his team co-produced the rest

if not the real fans of hiphop will know what it is and who produced it up at the end of the day

plus knowing you will run into him (ye') soon enough ...thats when i would let him know how i feel...then build up from there $$$

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

So basically...you're saying that he shouldn't have personal feelings invested in his work.

He should lay down for and shine the shoes of any person more famous than he is remixing one of his songs without his permission. Is that it? 
Ding ding ding
1. It's a *$+*$+ knock off beat, nothing original just another imitation of a trap beat.

2. If Kanye didn't do this song, people wouldn't know who he is. This song is now gonna spread to THOUSANDS of people that wouldn't have heard it. Including people in the industry.

3. This can only OPEN doors for him not close doors.
Young Chop inked a deal weeks ago. Keef is the hottest thing on the streets right now. You are SEVERELY underestimating their popularity with the whole "wouldn't know who he is" comments.
Apparently...Kanye knew who they were. 

All that other #%%$ you #%%$...guess we were just raised different.

You seem like the type that would suck one if it meant getting famous. 

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by G14

son is bugging out tho

if anything be dope that kanye would want to co-produce on one of your beats...let alone...."A MIXTAPE TRACK".....

G14 how would you react in this situation?

would be calm and cool cause i always tagg my beats some where in that joint

but if some case no tag ...i wouldnt even be madd, ima still be letting people know i produced the track and kanye  & his team co-produced the rest

if not the real fans of hiphop will know what it is and who produced it up at the end of the day

plus knowing you will run into him (ye') soon enough ...thats when i would let him know how i feel...then build up from there $$$
THANK YOU.

Plus, it's not like they took his tag off the song, it's there, right in the middle of the track
laugh.gif

The song Chop created is still there completely, they just added to it. If I heard the original, and didn't know a remix was coming out, and I'm walking somewhere and I hear the remix playing in the far, I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference tbh.

I dunno, just my 2 cents, I don't think he handled that situation well.

He's gotta understand a Ye cosign could really help them out... He's gotta think long term with all this. Plus, people who already know him & Keef understand what the deal is. If not, the Ye cosign could lead fans to Keef's mixtape & then they'll see the OG beat & his other production.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

But it's not a Ye co-sign, he took Chop's beat and rearranged the whole thing...

How is it not?

Kanye West being on your beat is a cosign...whether he added a few things or not is irrelevant...the basic structure of the beat is still entirely Young Chop.

Besides, the remix beat isn't as radically different as you're making it out to be.

But it's not a Ye co-sign, he took Chop's beat and rearranged the whole thing...

How is it not?

Kanye West being on your beat is a cosign...whether he added a few things or not is irrelevant...the basic structure of the beat is still entirely Young Chop.

Besides, the remix beat isn't as radically different as you're making it out to be.
Yes. Yes it is relevant. The basic structure has been completely revamped and "glamed" up so to speak. Why is anyone upset that Young Chop is upset? It's his beat, he made it in Keef's Grandma's living room the way he wanted it to be, and Kanye came and !$#$+%# on the original. He has every right to be upset. Why should he step aside and not speak his mind about it? Because he's just some kid and Kanye is some mega-pop rap superstar.. so what? What happened to being a man and defending your own?

This new generation is soft as hell, bruh..

Yes. Yes it is relevant. The basic structure has been completely revamped and "glamed" up so to speak. Why is anyone upset that Young Chop is upset? It's his beat, he made it in Keef's Grandma's living room the way he wanted it to be, and Kanye came and %%+%#%! on the original. He has every right to be upset. Why should he step aside and not speak his mind about it? Because he's just some kid and Kanye is some mega-pop rap superstar.. so what? What happened to being a man and defending your own?

This new generation is soft as hell, bruh..

How has the basic structure been revamped when the drum pattern, melody, and BPM all remain the same?

Be honest with me...Do you think that throwing a tantrum and threatening legal action against Kanye is gonna benefit him more than if he had kept quiet about it and addressed it out of the public eye?

I'm not saying that he shouldn't speak his mind because he has every right to do so. The point I'm trying to make is that there was a better way to address this.

The idea of being cool and swallowing one's pride for the sake of having a better outcome in this situation is not that hard to grasp.

Call me soft or whatever, but Young Chop has a lot of people viewing him negatively today because he didn't want to keep calm.

Isn't a remix supposed to sound different than the original track?

I understand why "Chop" is mad but he should've known Kanye would be adding his 'touch' to this track.

People making it sound like he stole an amazing beat and ran with it, it's a normal "trap" beat, nothing special or monumental about the original.

Acting like Kanye put it on iTunes and said "here buy it now."

We wouldn't even be having this debate or know who the hell "Chop" is if Kanye didn't "steal and ruin" his sacred beat but whatever.
laugh.gif

Track is nice.

Originally Posted by Rafool

Isn't a remix supposed to sound different than the original track?

Apparently not...but I would bet any amount of money that if the original beat was left untouched this thread would be full of "KANYE DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE THE BEAT HE SUCKS"

Also I see a lot of people being contrary just for the sake of being contrary.

I didn't read through all the posts, but why....why...WHY is 2 Chainz not on this remix?
Say what you want about the man, but his "style" would've fit PERFECTlY into this song (and his verse probably would've been semi-hilarious too 
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by ColdCity

The funny thing is...

A young Kanye would have had a problem and would have been very vocal about a known producer doing an awful reworking of one of his beats without consulting him.

Yet ya'll are still going to continue to hold Kanye's nuts and act like everyone should bow down in his mercy.

x10000000
THIS!!!!

Dudes just don't get it. Everybody ain't worried about the fame and money... weather you think the beat is wack or not that is that man's work. You don't go change his #*! up. That's like saying your #*! wasn't good enough so I had to add a few things before I jumped on it.

Originally Posted by G14

son is bugging out tho

That song is hot in the streets, more than likely it will be on his debut album. Real %$+ don't care bout no Kanye co-produced %$+ , if that %$+ bangs it bangs

dudes on here gonna suck Ye regardless...it's no point in arguing against them honestly. The remix was lame, and honestly I could care less about the dude 'Chop' but IMO he has a legit gripe. I'm sure he could have handled it a different way, but him feeling how he feels seems understandable to me.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by G14

son is bugging out tho

That song is hot in the streets, more than likely it will be on his debut album. Real %$+ don't care bout no Kanye co-produced %$+ , if that %$+ bangs it bangs
i don't really care about this situation that much BUT i must say..."real @++@@#" may not care about Kanye co-produced %*+#...but no one cares about "real @++@@#" if they ain't buyin albums or show tickets.
my 2 cents 

Originally Posted by Miniojw

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Ding ding ding
1. It's a *$+*$+ knock off beat, nothing original just another imitation of a trap beat.

2. If Kanye didn't do this song, people wouldn't know who he is. This song is now gonna spread to THOUSANDS of people that wouldn't have heard it. Including people in the industry.

3. This can only OPEN doors for him not close doors.
Young Chop inked a deal weeks ago. Keef is the hottest thing on the streets right now. You are SEVERELY underestimating their popularity with the whole "wouldn't know who he is" comments.
Apparently...Kanye knew who they were. 

All that other #%%$ you #%%$...guess we were just raised different.

You seem like the type that would suck one if it meant getting famous. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It seems like all the producers are on the same page with this Young Chop stuff.
You can tell who knows whats up and who doesn't. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kid is an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom