Cheerleader develops Dystonia after taking the flu shot

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

SMH thats so freakin sad
frown.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

she'd get it in the butt hardbody raw

what is your problem? save those statements for the female appreciation threads, not this sort of news.
It's THB. Dont feed the trolls.

this is very sad

I really hope a cure for this is developed, she seems like a beautiful person inside and out

& I don't think i will be getting a flu shot anytime soon

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Why do people continue to think that these pharmaceutical companies are in the business of curing sicknesses?

They are in the business of making money off of sick people. You do the math.

indifferent.gif

dude stop it. vaccines have saved millions of lives. some of you conspiracy theorists are too much.
grin.gif

Stop what? Did I say or post something that wasn't true?

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Flu shots are
smh.gif

How bout you wear a coat and stay out the cold.

Damn man, how bout you educate yourself about the flu? Influenza is mostly transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes by infected people, not by goingoutside without a coat on
indifferent.gif

it's amazing how she and run and talk normally. they are giving flu shots free at my school and kaiser, instantly pass
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Jennings blames the sudden onset of her disorder on a seasonal flu shot she got at a supermarket in late August.

"qualified" people are at walgreens type places as well. its pretty common even for a supermarket. I wouldnt even blame it on thesupermarket but the flu shot itself

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Why do people continue to think that these pharmaceutical companies are in the business of curing sicknesses?

indifferent.gif

dude stop it. vaccines have saved millions of lives. some of you conspiracy theorists are too much.
maybe a lil extreme but he is right

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

That's really sad. Poor girl.

Another reason why I don't believe in flu shots....
Never had a flu shot, will never get one, haven't had the flu in 20 years.

If they weren't in the business of making money then we wouldn't have the incredible amount of amazing drugs at our disposal. If there wasno money in medicine, then there'd be no incentive to research, and there'd be fewer drugs that save lives. You think if the government all of a suddensaid "hey, develop this cancer drug, but you won't get any compensation," the drug companies would be on board with it? If you take the moneyaway, you take away the pursuit of the next great drug that could save peoples' lives. And the money keeps the competition alive, not just to put money ingreedy pockets.

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Flu shots are
smh.gif

How bout you wear a coat and stay out the cold.

Damn man, how bout you educate yourself about the flu? Influenza is mostly transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes by infected people, not by going outside without a coat on
indifferent.gif

That is true.. but going out in the cold without a coat on puts stress on the body, thus lowering the immune system, which makes it more likely that you willcatch something.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If they weren't in the business of making money then we wouldn't have the incredible amount of amazing drugs at our disposal. If there was no money in medicine, then there'd be no incentive to research, and there'd be fewer drugs that save lives. You think if the government all of a sudden said "hey, develop this cancer drug, but you won't get any compensation," the drug companies would be on board with it? If you take the money away, you take away the pursuit of the next great drug that could save peoples' lives. And the money keeps the competition alive, not just to put money in greedy pockets.
that's all well and good, but at some point you're going to have unscrupulous decisions made to push drugs that aren't very safe. worse yet, some clinical test results are heavily skewed or falsified to get approval. it's the very dark side to the good that has come from the pharmaindustry. sometimes the abuses are very blatant and cause a lot of suffering.

most people don't realize that the vast majority of drugs exist to treat conditions, but they don't make us healthy... only less sick.

poor girl's condition reminds me of parkinson's. i remember seeing clips of muhammad ali shadow boxing after having tremors for a long time and whenhe did, it's like nothing was wrong with him. i think there's something to with less motor-intensive movements or motions involving a greater deal ofmotor output that are able to override the tremors.

Back
Top Bottom