Carmelo Anthony takes horrible shots

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Meanwhile in Chicago...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots.

D1sSi.jpg

I've always felt like Melo just has that clutch gene though. Yea he is a clown sometimes with his shots but he makes them.

Hopefully with a new coach the Knicks, including Melo of course, can get back on track.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots.

I've always felt like Melo just has that clutch gene though. Yea he is a clown sometimes with his shots but he makes them.

Hopefully with a new coach the Knicks, including Melo of course, can get back on track.

People just focus on the negatives when it comes to Melo..Yeah he is having a garbage stretch right now, not arguing that at all..Yeah that shot he took against the triple team in OT was a bad one..But he took a really difficult shot prior and made it which led to the first OT..And he hit a couple of tough shots in OT as well. He didn't come to NYC to be a LeBron player that will get you 6+ assists a night..His role in NYC was to be a great scorer in D'Antoni's system, and for the most part he has been..He has had games in his career where the Nuggets looked terrible and he put them on his back and kept them in the game until his teammates started hitting shots.

The Nuggets remained good w/o him because they got more depth added to an already deep team..Y'all act like if Carmelo just left and the Nuggets didn't have Galinari (2nd leading scorer on the Nuggets?) and Mozgov backing up NeNe, they'd still be as good w/o him.

D1sSi.jpg

thanks for this, i've been looking for this in a long time, which site did it come from?

D1sSi.jpg

that's cool.

but he hasn't done a damn thing in the playoffs. can't be clutch till you've been clutch in may or june

First get rid of D'antoni, second get Deron. Melo cannot have the ball and others not moving a pg is the knicks answer. This melo-amare experiment isnt working i would trade Amare for Deron and have a better team i think.

i don't think anyone debated whether or not he was clutch. we can see that.

but he still takes (and makes) a lot of difficult shots. and he's a volume shooter.

the problem is this damn team doesn't run an plays/doesn't have a point guard. Melo takes bad shots, amare aint the same, d'antoni blows, no pg. feels batman
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rnoory

First get rid of D'antoni, second get Deron. Melo cannot have the ball and others not moving a pg is the knicks answer. This melo-amare experiment isnt working i would trade Amare for Deron and have a better team i think.

Shut the hell up.

Who's more clutch than Melo doe?

D1sSi.jpg
Being clutch is over rated word to Lebron James. Who cares how clutch you are when you make losing plays for 47 minutes...

Forreal tho, Melo has alway had a legit PG, he doesn't have that in NY. If you watch the games, most of the time he's initiating the offense. D'Antoni's style needs a PG because the 1 will have the ball in their hands most the time. Toney Douglass, Iman Shumpert and Mike Bibby make for great tweeners off the bench, but an NBA caliber PG is in dire need in NY!!!

Originally Posted by henz0

Lmfaooooooooooo @ Kenny Smith saying they played better defense when he was laying on the ground

roll.gif

You guys remember the MS Paint pics in the offseason?

262y0wi.jpg

Originally Posted by wiredz3

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I kept hearing "the Knicks are back" but they are the same ol Knicks.
30t6p3b.gif

But ...they have the sickest front court in the East...

From the NBA predictions thread:
seasoned vet wrote:
roll.gif
 ........you really got doods in here acting like the NY Knicks didnt just come up on the sickest front court in the East? seriously? and ive never liked the Knicks.

MIA #1 
laugh.gif
  (not saying MIA cant be #1 but its a tossup between them and NYK for sure)

CHI #2
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

...but in all fairness:

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

laugh.gif
Ya'll can't say on paper w/o a single game played that this team didn't look like a contender.  I really don't understand how dudes came back with less chemistry than a  late season roster change.

.....still the sickest front court in the East, and the Bulls finishing #2 is still laughable.

Knicks gotta pick Amare or Melo. It's not gonna work otherwise. Personally they should dump Melo and get a PG.

Back
Top Bottom