?

How Havent I Seen This
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Plus I think it's funny you guys continue to put some hope in Baron Davis, like he has a history of leadership of even coming right into camp in shape and having a back injury won't make that exponentially worse as well as a shortened season making that situation more urgent. I promise you, dude is fat, very. I had pics from last wk but I dropped my laptop and broke the hard drive
Based on his Clippers seasons, I got to agree.  Baron was a lot of things while he was a Clipper, but a leader definitely wasn't one of them.  If anything, he's another guy that can crate tension in a locker room.  And, in general, once guys start to have back problems in the league -even when they are guys who are motivated and take conditioning seriously - the end of their careers isn't too far off. I can see this injury being a big problem for Baron.   

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

100408083015536501.gif
How come '3 seconds' wasn't called while Melo was in the key? Obvious superstar call bruh
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Are you serious? Call 3 in the key for what? Was he gonna suddenly do a Bruce Lee jump off his back and catch an alley oop or grab a rebound? He was no threat at all from that position. That's like calling 3 in the key on a defender who sprained their ankle and is sitting in the paint grabbing their foot.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Errrrr... I don't know about that.  More a testament to that team Gelling and having two really really good PG's who know the game and how to run a team than him.

He sucks as a coach IDGAF what ANYONE says.

Funny thing is I hated George Karl when I used to watch them with Melo and when they traded for Iverson and couldn't understand why he couldn't get them to play better. Seems like D'Antoni is having some of the same problems. Maybe it's not the coach's fault.

You get the right mix of players/talent and suddenly you look competent.  Case in point, how was Doc Rivers viewed as a coach before he won the NBA title w. the C's

just gonna let this slide are we? 

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by henz0

Lmfaooooooooooo @ Kenny Smith saying they played better defense when he was laying on the ground

roll.gif

You guys remember the MS Paint pics in the offseason?

262y0wi.jpg
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Who made this!? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
there's a whole bunch of them, i'll start a thread

Don't blame Carmelo or Stat. Blame that bum of a coach Mike D'Antoni. He leaves Tony Douglas and Bill Walker on the court too long, he give Iman Shumpert too long of a leash, his offensive sets constantly break down after the first pass, he doesn't even teach defensive basketball, he's just terrible. You know it's bad when Stat is shooting threes.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt I guess on here.

Shot wasnt falling so he was doin other stuff to help the team last night. It happens. Plus Chandler and Stat were abusing people down low. There was no reason for anyone to really be taking perimeter jumpers last night. TD got a couple shots to fall and thought he was Melo out there with some of his pull up 3s. They didnt need Melo forcing things too. He just went with the flow of the game.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Shot wasnt falling so he was doin other stuff to help the team last night. It happens. Plus Chandler and Stat were abusing people down low. There was no reason for anyone to really be taking perimeter jumpers last night. TD got a couple shots to fall and thought he was Melo out there with some of his pull up 3s. They didnt need Melo forcing things too. He just went with the flow of the game.
Was that what it was?  Didn't see the game but Chris Webber brought up a point that it's a bit curious how a guy goes from taking 30 shots to going down to 7.  He thought he was trying to prove a point (no pun).  I didn't see the game, but it's a bit odd, no? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Was that what it was?  Didn't see the game but Chris Webber brought up a point that it's a bit curious how a guy goes from taking 30 shots to going down to 7.  He thought he was trying to prove a point (no pun).  I didn't see the game, but it's a bit odd, no? 

He may have been trying to prove a point to some degree. I know Ive seen Kobe and other shooters who get criticized for shooting too much have games like this where they just dont shoot the ball either. But he was out there rebounding hard and looking for open cutters in the lane because of how easy the Bobcats were giving up buckets in the paint. They were swinging the ball a lot better yesterday so Melos first pass to start the swing wont get credited in the assists category, but he had the ball in his hands close to the same amount of time he would on a normal game. It just didnt involve throwing up shots since other guys were feeling it last night. 
I will admit he wasnt trying very hard to get into the lane for his usual layups and foul calls. But like I said that may have just been because of the flow of the game, and Chandler and Amare just bodying their men down there and just getting their easy buckets. Id rather the team play that way than Amare be out at the 3 point line because Melo is down low doing work. 

But I wouldnt doubt that Melo was proving a point last night so that he can basically say what I said in the first post. That they gonna get on him for shooting too much, and because he didnt shoot enough. It is what it is, at the end of the day they got the W and ended a 6 game losing streak. Im sure they happy to get that off their backs no matter how it got done. 

He only took 7 attempts last night, and he did other things well and the Bobcats were still focused on him, team mates were wide open and made shots.

Not a big deal at all *shrugs

Back
Top Bottom