car notes bout to be da new housing bubble VOL. NTers paying BMWs off in 73 months

:wow: 65-97 months to pay off a car. :rofl:

The car will be worth nothing with 3 years of payments left.

I'll NEVER buy a new car. I cant wait to take advantage when the bubble bursts.

Paid for my corolla in cash. Cars are a terrible investment in theory they all do the same thing...get you from point A to point B. Never understood why some one pays 100k for their car with leather interior and "would grain" and then drives 100mph on I-95....i figured you would drive in the slow lane so you could stay in your luxury car as long as you can and enjoy what you paid for.

Side bar: Girl i know bought a 2003 3-series for 9k it had 70k miles. She put like $500 down....she has refinanced the car 2 times already and still owes $7500...she has had the car for 1.5 years now....but her long time bf is a BMW mechanic....and she LOVES BMWs and its her baby and its on IG every day...so its ok.....idiots

yea word. in NYC for example, i can see absolutely no use for a supercar with low *** ground clearance. its a waste of money and you'll never hit top speed, not to mention driving a really low car with low profile tires is no bueno in NYC. i get the desire for a sports car tho but i feel there are more affordable options that as you say get you to point a to b.

like a wrx :pimp:

And when you have a nice car in a city something is bound to happen to it. Mirror knocked off, small dings and dents, its a pain to worry about.

I understand the need for speed...i own a motorcycle. When i want an adrenaline rush I hop on my bike. But again bought a used Suzuki Katana 600(flamesuit on first bike ok) for 2k cash...thing had 1.5k miles on it its a 2006. I will ride it until i save up for a nicer bike.

that's not necessarily true...

I do agree that its not smart to sign a 97 month lease on a car...

But the old saying is "a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow "

It might be somewhat advantageous to sign longer leases, depending on the use of the vehicle, if you want to keep it... etc...

Not everyone gets cars in hopes of flipping/trading in later.

Told myself i was never getting a car note, straight cash....but damn people taking like decades to pay a car off :x :smh:

Paid for my corolla in cash. Cars are a terrible investment in theory they all do the same thing...get you from point A to point B. Never understood why some one pays 100k for their car with leather interior and "would grain" and then drives 100mph on I-95....i figured you would drive in the slow lane so you could stay in your luxury car as long as you can and enjoy what you paid for.

Side bar: Girl i know bought a 2003 3-series for 9k it had 70k miles. She put like $500 down....she has refinanced the car 2 times already and still owes $7500...she has had the car for 1.5 years now....but her long time bf is a BMW mechanic....and she LOVES BMWs and its her baby and its on IG every day...so its ok.....idiots
Would grain tho

I always love reading NTers "logic" on cars & purchasing items in general. Most are still spending $200+ on shoes all while still living at home without a single asset to their name...

I both own & lease my cars. There's a difference in investing in something versus financing. Yes, you'll have a car to your name, but it's not a home. It's a form of transportation. (A mobile 'accessory' for some. A means of transportation for others.) Unless you plan on having that car for it's whole tenure and could careless about residual, purchasing one outright may be your best option as you, more or less, just need something to get you from Point A-to-Point B. However, that doesn't seem to be the case here. I, for one, enjoy placing myself in a new vehicle every 2-to-3 years as I have another car for daily-driving. You call it "borrowing", I call it not having one car for 10+ years. Not all cars become "Classics" or those sought after relics so you may want to rethink things through if you really wanted to make an "investment"...

Also, this 'Cash is King' mentality is ridiculous. This is the modern era, folks. Having good credit is actually 'King'. Not sure if you watch too many music videos, but I can see a lot of you living beyond your means with that simplistic frame of mind...

Last edited:
A 97 month loan? :lol:

I will say this though. This whole "I'm only buying used cars" mentality is laughable to me on this message board when folks on here thirsty to pay 200+ for shoes.

To each his own though.

I started to finance my car to get something newer but i'm 21 and I'm not paying 800 for NYC insurance smh. So I paid cash for an 08 and got liability at 500 for the first few months smh, geico has me at 375 now.

Purchasing right out... or leasing. Most cars lose their value very quickly. 8)

eek.gif
65-97 months to pay off a car.
roll.gif

Pretty much. My current car is paid off thanks to pops, but Im going to keep my 08 Alti till the wheels fall off.

Supermanblue79 when do you think the bubble will burst?

Sniper is right. With excellent credit you can get anything.

Last edited:
I always love reading NTers "logic" on cars & purchasing items in general. Most are still spending $200+ on shoes all while still living at home without a single asset to their name...

I both own & lease my cars. There's a difference in investing in something versus financing. Yes, you'll have a car to your name, but it's not a home. It's a form of transportation. (A mobile 'accessory' for some. A means of transportation for others.) Unless you plan on having that car for it's whole tenure and could careless about residual, purchasing one outright may be your best option as you, more or less, just need something to get you from Point A-to-Point B. However, that doesn't seem to be the case here. I, for one, enjoy placing myself in a new vehicle every 2-to-3 years as I have another car for daily-driving. You call it "borrowing", I call it not having one car for 10+ years. Not all cars become "Classics" or those sought after relics so you may want to rethink things through if you really wanted to make an "investment"...

Also, this 'Cash is King' mentality is ridiculous. This is the modern era, folks. Having good credit is actually 'King'. Not sure if you watch too many music videos, but I can see a lot of you living beyond your means with that simplistic frame of mind...
Say what you will, but people with cash own the real estate market in California now. It doesn't matter if you have an 800 credit score and 30% down, you're not getting a home under $400,000 in this area.

I'm glad to see a lot of people doing "better than they deserve" in this thread. Once there's a bubble, those will be the people who are in a position to take advantage of it.

I always love reading NTers "logic" on cars

Say what you will, but people with cash own the real estate market in California now. It doesn't matter if you have an 800 credit score and 30% down, you're not getting a home under $400,000 in this area.

I'm glad to see a lot of people doing "better than they deserve" in this thread. Once there's a bubble, those will be the people who are in a position to take advantage of it.
This. Crc always comin thru wit da knowledge.
Credit can only get u so far. Cash is always better than credit

I see this all the time I know some people who are paying 1000 + a month on a car note but to each its own

Back
Top Bottom