Capital One Credit card?? Vol 1st credit card

Yo NT I got an offer in the mail for a capital one card and ive been thinking about getting one for  a while, Just to make a couple purchases here and there and make some payments. But I just need insight to how the payments are ran , like how much they would charge me monthly and things like that.
The card they offered is a capital one master card with 0% APR untill Mar 2012, and then 22% after that. What does all that mean?

Plz help me NT
pimp.gif

Yo NT I got an offer in the mail for a capital one card and ive been thinking about getting one for  a while, Just to make a couple purchases here and there and make some payments. But I just need insight to how the payments are ran , like how much they would charge me monthly and things like that.
The card they offered is a capital one master card with 0% APR untill Mar 2012, and then 22% after that. What does all that mean?

Plz help me NT
pimp.gif

Got the same one in  March, take it. It will prob. be like a $300 credit limit. My min. payment is about $15. Good way to get your credit rolling but i`d stick to that card , you will get more offers but don`t get greedy.
After the APR kicks in your on your own.

Got the same one in  March, take it. It will prob. be like a $300 credit limit. My min. payment is about $15. Good way to get your credit rolling but i`d stick to that card , you will get more offers but don`t get greedy.
After the APR kicks in your on your own.

ok so say I make a purchase of about 150 how much will I pay WITHOUT the APR kicked in? and how much will I pay when it is???

and come on bruh dont laugh Im just tryna gain some knowledge

ok so say I make a purchase of about 150 how much will I pay WITHOUT the APR kicked in? and how much will I pay when it is???

stay very far away from capital one ........... unless you like excessive fees and speaking to reps in India that treat you like a spoil American brat

stay very far away from capital one ........... unless you like excessive fees and speaking to reps in India that treat you like a spoil American brat

Originally Posted by dbbabd

You need to pay $150 not to be charged interest.  Otherwise, you will be charged 22% annually on whatever the balance is on the card. 

To be honest with you, I don't think you're ready for a card yet.  Go to creditcard.com or another website that will tell you the basics.  I see your argument for getting a card all the time (make small purchases, build credit, etc.) and it ends up costing people thousands of dollars and lots of trouble in the future because they didn't understand what they were getting into.  Ultimately cash is your best friend.  Not only will it cost you nothing to use (beyond the face value), statistically you will spend about 15% less than you would otherwise with plastic.

Originally Posted by dbbabd

You need to pay $150 not to be charged interest.  Otherwise, you will be charged 22% annually on whatever the balance is on the card. 

To be honest with you, I don't think you're ready for a card yet.  Go to creditcard.com or another website that will tell you the basics.  I see your argument for getting a card all the time (make small purchases, build credit, etc.) and it ends up costing people thousands of dollars and lots of trouble in the future because they didn't understand what they were getting into.  Ultimately cash is your best friend.  Not only will it cost you nothing to use (beyond the face value), statistically you will spend about 15% less than you would otherwise with plastic.

Back
Top Bottom