Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Underrated song right here from Robert...

pimp.gif

Yeah, she reminds a bit of Adele, at least the way she sounded on her first album, which was way more r&b/soul, even trip-hop influenced.  A damn shame she'll probably never do that type of music again.

What makes you think she'll never do that type of music again? First time ever hearing anything by her too. What's her album called?

Janelle Monae - Dance Apocalyptic

Hey Ya, it's a new song/vid from Janelle Monae... She looks good too...

Take 6 - Spread Love

These were some talented brothers... One of 'em was Brian McKnight's older brother...

I see Janelle is showing the outgoing side of her personality so far with these new songs...she's also upping her femininity when it comes to her look. Not that I'm complaining :lol:

I see Janelle is showing the outgoing side of her personality so far with these new songs...she's also upping her femininity when it comes to her look. Not that I'm complaining :lol:

"Out" being the key word. Ain't nothing but chicks in that vid....

What makes you think she'll never do that type of music again? First time ever hearing anything by her too. What's her album called?
Adele's second album "21" was way more pop, and ballad heavy than her first album "19".  Factor in that she's now arguably the most popular female singer on the planet ("21" set records), I don't see her gong back to the style of the first album.

Bial - "All Matter" live.  Love this song.  Robert Glasper is the man.

Last edited:
Only heard a few songs from her, but I like the material I've heard.

Have you heard the rest of his "Isolation" mixtape? It's pretty good. I would like to hear his debut mixtape "8 Bit Love" but I haven't been able to find it yet.
Yeah, I liked Isolation. I didn't even know he had another project out. I'll definitely check if my luck is any better at finding it.

Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime

Summer's here... Song brings back so many memories...

Marvin Gaye (1980 - Live at Montreux Jazz Festival)

Played this while doing some work around the house. Great concert.

1 - Got To Give It Up
2 - Funky Space Reincarnation
3 - Come Get To This
4 - Let's Get It On
5 - After the Dance
6 - If This World Were Mine
7 - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
8 - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
9 - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
10 - Ain't That Peculiar
11 - I'll Be Doggone
12 - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
13 - Trouble Man
14 - Distant Lover
15 - Inner City Blues
16 - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
17 - What's Going On

Back
Top Bottom