Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Champion of neo-soul Questlove's recent appearance on the Daily Show to talk about his memoir Mo Meta Blues.. I got it, but haven't started reading it yet...

check out Stones Throw artist: Myron & E (northern soul sound)

Kendra Morris - Pow (very Amy Winehouse-eque)

if you live in SF, they're performing together on July 11th at Brick and Mortar.

ROGE - OLE OLE

I love world music. This is an artist from Brazil. May not be r&b, it definitely has it's roots in it & you can tell he's been heavily influenced by American r&b, reggae, & his native Brazilian sounds/samba...

Caron Wheeler - Lite As A Feather & LIving In The Light

Nice post DOD... Lite As A Feather is a gem that not many people know about. Living In The Light is my favorite of her solo stuff...

Heard this recently, and had to share. A bit different, but it's a fantastic song, and the video complements it well.

:pimp: :pimp:

Mayer Hawthorne – Her Favorite Song

Official vid dropped. Album drops July 15th on iTunes & the 16th everywhere else.

so excited for Mayer's new album. His evolution from retro soul to blue eyed pop/soul to what should be more funky soul in the vain of Steely Dan on this album... can't wait. And my man's song writing keeps improving :smokin

^^^

Perfect indeed. Had to sign in to rep.

Having embed issues. Wanted to get Hall & Oates "Sara Smile" and "One On One" up.

"One On One".....that's my **** right there.....

Last edited:
My man....

Daryl Hall's delivery on "One On One" is butter smooth.

And the lyrics.....

Im tired of playing on the team
It seems I don't get time out anymore
What a change if we set the pace face to face
No one even trying to score

SMOOVE.

Awesome cover but sounds Identical to Adele which ain't a bad thing
Yeah, she reminds a bit of Adele, at least the way she sounded on her first album, which was way more r&b/soul, even trip-hop influenced.  A damn shame she'll probably never do that type of music again.

Discovered Anthony Valdez recently.  Very nice album, it features Mile Bonney, and Anna Wise (two of my favs) among others.  This is my fav track off it.

Back
Top Bottom