Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Corinne Bailey Rae - I Would Like To Call It Beauty (Freddie Joachim Reprise) & Erykah Badu - Telephone (Freddie Joachim Remix)

If you haven't do so already, please DL Joachim's mixtape (featuring these songs among others). Best of all it's free.

Last edited:
James Brown - Funky Drummer & Give It Up Or Turn It a Loose

One of the greatest ever... That's Clyde Stubblefield on drums man... If you don't know, you better ask somebody...

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Going to check out Body Music now.
I hope Corrinne Bailey Rae has a new album in the works

Allen Stone - A Kiss From A Rose

This dude is so funny looking & he accentuates it. Very talented. Always loved this song. Only thing good that ever came out of those terrible Batman movies.

Any artists similar to Sade's soothing kind of music?

There really isn't any singer out there that similar to Sade. Maxwell's first album captures the same vibe party because Stuart Matthewman, Sade's guitarist/sax produced the album. Also her band had a side project called Sweetback. Their first album was really good. Plus they got a couple of songs with Amel Larrieux. If you look through this thread, you'll find their stuff posted.

Soulstace - Tenderly, Fall Into You, & Lovely

Here's one band I haven't posted in here. Has the Sade vibe...

Mayer Hawthorne - Reach Out Richard (Steely Dan - Peg)

Kinda has the same chord progression/rhythm as Steely Dan's Peg... The album is kinda "meh" but this song (& a handful of others) are dope.

To those who are enjoying the Eli Ingram EP, you're welcome. 
happy.gif
  I was sold after hearing "Poetic Justice" earlier in the summer.  One of the best covers ever imho. It is an impressive EP.  I can't wait until she has a full length.

Gotta say, the new Eric Lau album "One of Many" is fire.  One of the best albums of the year imho.

Last edited:
This dude is dope.  Frank Ocean-esque.  Free EP available on his site at http://www.raleighritchie.com/

Also feeling this chick Marie Dahlstrom.  She also has a free EP of covers available => 

Last edited:
Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us, Bullet Proof Soul, & Kiss Of Life

Quadron - LFT, Neverland, & Average Fruit (Lazy Sunday Mix)

Some "different" blue eyed soul...

Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out

Spandau Ballet - True

Sampha - Indecision

DoD posted some previous work from Sampha... Here's another track. Interesting stuff...

Bruh! If I could rep you 10x I would, downloaded this joint yesterday and been playing it non stop. I'll probably cop the EP too

George Duke - I Love You More, Someday, Brazilian Love Affair, & Feels so Good

Just found out he passed away yesterday of unknown causes at the age of 67. This musician/producer has worked with everyone from Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, & Frank Zappa.

He's been either sampled of covered by Pete Rock, Grap Luva, Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Daft Punk, BIG KRIT, A Tribe Called Quest, Ice Cube... This list goes on & on.

RIP. Sad to hear....

Thundercat - For Love I Come (George Duke cover produced by Flying Lotus)

Last edited:
Philip Owusu - Goodnight

"Somefin" for the grown folks.... This he's beign featured on Gilles Peterson new Brownswood Bubblers release coming Aug 19th... If you don't know about either or more specifically about Gilles Peterson, please look up his stuff...

Blood Orange - Neptune, Sutphin Boulevard, & Forget It

Rainy day here in Bmore... Felt like some Dev Hynes...

Deon Estus - Heaven Help Me

Some of Dev Hynes melodies remind me of this song. This dude was Wham & George Michael's long time bassist.

Lenny Kravitz - Heaven Help & Thinking Of You

Always thought this song was dope... Like his song about his momma...

Last edited:
Maze ft. Frankie Beverly - Southern Girl

Some more grown folks stuff... I listen to all kinds of music & it all hits me the same way when I feel it whether it be ATCQ, PE, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains or even this... Good music just has that healing power and/or the ability to just move you... & Southern girls sho nuff... :smokin

Back
Top Bottom