Can we end this "Thumbs Up if this helped!" BS???

Would you "thumbs up" if someone asked you to do so?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• These cats are whack

• Total voters
Definitely seen a few members with multiple accounts repping themselves. Internet is no joke ya dig??? Folks gunnin for the most daily post count but offers nothing useful. Damn shame.

lol, wut? A minimum maximum word count per post per day limit is desperately needed. 
Fixed.
Definitely seen a few members with multiple accounts repping themselves. Internet is no joke ya dig??? Folks gunnin for the most daily post count but offers nothing useful. Damn shame.
Earlier today, I ran into somebody who tried to use four different accounts to boost his reputation to 160 over the course of a week.  It took me less than 10 clicks to remove the false scores and ban the clones.  

Once people realize it's a complete and utter waste of their time, that should clear up.  If you see someone trying to game the system, just let us know.  

Some complicated formula to determine rep would be ideal (thinking of something like google's page rank thing).

For example, reps from many different members should be worth more than multiple reps from the same person. This would blunt the effect of 2 friends (or fake accounts) from repeatedly repping each other.

Reps from members who are highly repped would be worth more.

Reps from mods or members with early join dates or high post counts could be used too, although it starts to get dicey here.

Giving out too many reps would reduce the value of each rep you give. For example, if you give 1 rep per month, it'd be worth 10 points. If you give more than 10 per month, each rep would only be worth 1 point.

Reps to post ratio could also be used so that someone who posts rarely but gets lots of reps would get a boosted rep score.

And so on.... No idea how easily we could implement these with this new system but just throwing them out there.

:lol: @ dork

I haven't gotten any "rep" yet. My life is now in shambles |I

Last edited:
I know for a fact there's a regular gaming the system.

All of son's post garner 3 reps each and every time, even something as trivial as "lol".

Really? To take the time to post, then sign into 3 different accounts to rep yourself?

Then again...I am the peon that noticed and subsequently investigated.

So who's really the mark...

I know for a fact there's a regular gaming the system.
All of son's post garner 3 reps each and every time, even something as trivial as "lol".
Really? To take the time to post, then sign into 3 different accounts to rep yourself?
Then again...I am the peon that noticed and subsequently investigated.
So who's really the mark...

I saw a few folks doing that and as Meth just stated...it is concrete. Some folks joined in 7/2012 and have 43 posts but almost 100 rep points? Ha, that is dedication. And I think NightMarcher & RiceBoy were on that wavelength.....

With or without reps I think members recognize who brings quality info and makes posts/threads worth reading. Anywho....back to work Monday :smh:

Fixed.

Earlier today, I ran into somebody who tried to use four different accounts to boost his reputation to 160 over the course of a week.  It took me less than 10 clicks to remove the false scores and ban the clones.  

Once people realize it's a complete and utter waste of their time, that should clear up.  If you see someone trying to game the system, just let us know.  
lmao its not that serious

Son...those are the two I've suspected as well.
Wow, we're like NT's Hardy Boys investigating, detectiving, and Nancy Drewing the piss out of people.

I usually only post from 9-5 when I am at work and a couple nights late after the gym, but I could just pick up on that from plain sight because I would see them post, but never thought it was anything useful or quality and the points were jumping up like 20-30 a day. I'm sure other people peeped it as well.....thirsty bros.

Back
Top Bottom