Can Gallinari become...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Gallo will never be the player Dirk is, which is why he was an easy guy to trade.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

Lets not pretend Will is not streaky as hell, he shoots jumpers most of the time at well. If anything Gallo is better at getting to the line than Will is.

[table][tr][td] PLAYER AVERAGES[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]REBOUNDS[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Player[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3p%[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]TOT[/td][td]APG[/td][td]SPG[/td][td]BPG[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]PPG[/td][/tr][tr][td]
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/wilson_chandler/index.html?nav=page [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]  Wilson Chandler (TOT) [/td] [td] 53 [/td] [td] 31[/td] [td] 34.3[/td] [td] .463[/td] [td] .364[/td] [td] .806[/td] [td] 1.20[/td] [td] 4.80[/td] [td] 5.90[/td] [td] 1.7[/td] [td] .66[/td] [td] 1.38[/td] [td] 1.34[/td] [td] 3.00[/td] [td] 16.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danilo_gallinari/index.html?nav=page [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]  Danilo Gallinari (TOT) [/td] [td] 50 [/td] [td] 50[/td] [td] 34.6[/td] [td] .414[/td] [td] .341[/td] [td] .893[/td] [td] 1.00[/td] [td] 3.80[/td] [td] 4.80[/td] [td] 1.7[/td] [td] .80[/td] [td] .44[/td] [td] 1.20[/td] [td] 2.40[/td] [td] 15.9[/td][/tr][/table]
Gallo has no real lopsided edge over Chandler besides his jumper, when you add in rebounding and the ability to guard more than 1 position and blocked shots its easy to see that ''right now'' Chandler is the more well rounded player. If Gallo's jumper is off he's basically useless, meanwhile Will can do a couple of other things on the court. Im not saying hes waay better than Gallo but he's still better.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Gallo will never be the player Dirk is, which is why he was an easy guy to trade.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

Lets not pretend Will is not streaky as hell, he shoots jumpers most of the time at well. If anything Gallo is better at getting to the line than Will is.

[table][tr][td] PLAYER AVERAGES[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]REBOUNDS[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Player[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3p%[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]TOT[/td][td]APG[/td][td]SPG[/td][td]BPG[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]PPG[/td][/tr][tr][td]
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/wilson_chandler/index.html?nav=page [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]  Wilson Chandler (TOT) [/td] [td] 53 [/td] [td] 31[/td] [td] 34.3[/td] [td] .463[/td] [td] .364[/td] [td] .806[/td] [td] 1.20[/td] [td] 4.80[/td] [td] 5.90[/td] [td] 1.7[/td] [td] .66[/td] [td] 1.38[/td] [td] 1.34[/td] [td] 3.00[/td] [td] 16.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danilo_gallinari/index.html?nav=page [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]  Danilo Gallinari (TOT) [/td] [td] 50 [/td] [td] 50[/td] [td] 34.6[/td] [td] .414[/td] [td] .341[/td] [td] .893[/td] [td] 1.00[/td] [td] 3.80[/td] [td] 4.80[/td] [td] 1.7[/td] [td] .80[/td] [td] .44[/td] [td] 1.20[/td] [td] 2.40[/td] [td] 15.9[/td][/tr][/table]
Gallo has no real lopsided edge over Chandler besides his jumper, when you add in rebounding and the ability to guard more than 1 position and blocked shots its easy to see that ''right now'' Chandler is the more well rounded player. If Gallo's jumper is off he's basically useless, meanwhile Will can do a couple of other things on the court. Im not saying hes waay better than Gallo but he's still better.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Gallo doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a point foward. thats what everyone wanted him to be, but he couldnt do it. Now if youre willingly to experiment and give him some time, he'll definitely be able to reach that goal.
He did in Europe, so I can't really see how he just forgot how to do it, I think it has more to do with his role in the offense then anything else. He basically played point guard in Europe and he was really successful at it.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Gallo doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a point foward. thats what everyone wanted him to be, but he couldnt do it. Now if youre willingly to experiment and give him some time, he'll definitely be able to reach that goal.
He did in Europe, so I can't really see how he just forgot how to do it, I think it has more to do with his role in the offense then anything else. He basically played point guard in Europe and he was really successful at it.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

He got the same looks in NY and didn't convert, so no.
Not entirely true. D'Antoni wouldn't let him initiate the offense or play more freely.. which is how he played in Italy as a point-forward. If he can have that same role in Denver then we can see his true potential.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

He got the same looks in NY and didn't convert, so no.
Not entirely true. D'Antoni wouldn't let him initiate the offense or play more freely.. which is how he played in Italy as a point-forward. If he can have that same role in Denver then we can see his true potential.

100 dollars says that jon barry and charles barkely will be surping gallanari to the fullest. knicks hating jerk offs

100 dollars says that jon barry and charles barkely will be surping gallanari to the fullest. knicks hating jerk offs

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If you want to win 30 games a year, sure.

His lateral quickness is always going to hurt him from being a top tierplayer. And he doesn't work nearly well enough inside the arc to getthe Dirk comparisons that people throw his way.

Ideally, he's a good #3 on a winning team.
Completely agree.

Although, I don't recall Dirk having much of a back to the basket game early on, himself. That said, I don't ever see Gallinari being even 75% of the player Dirk has become (which is still a fine career).

I would love to have him on the Hornets. He and Ariza would be perfect foils.

Dirk did develop his back-to-the-basket game pretty much after the Golden State series. Believe it or not but Dirk was actually pretty quick on his feet for a guy his size. He'd make lots of cuts to the basket, and he relied moreso on his outside shot than posting-up. He would get to the line a lot more than he has in recent years too.

As Dirk has lost some of his speed and agility, he's relied more on posting up, relying on his fade-away game, and getting people involved more. He doesn't have 30 point games every week anymore, because the Mavs try to balance it out between the guys. Sometimes we need it, and he will either reply or he won't.

Gallo? He'll be okay. I think he can be the main scorer/#1 option if they get more decent pieces around them, like how the Pistons won back in 04 (it was 04 right?).

They have a great core right now even with the recent loss of Carmelo, if they could get a post-presence who could score down low?
sick.gif

PG situation is iffy. Is Ty Lawson ready to take over? We'll see.

But if they had someone like Boozer on that team, EEYUCK.

Gallo and AA on the wing, with Nene and Kenyon banging down low and Ty's ability to get to the basket is already a really good core, they just need a big name to relieve some pressure off the rest of those guys.

That's why I liked the Nuggets as they were so much. If all this crap with Melo wasn't going on, and he had signed the extension in the off-season, I bet they'd have at least 5-10 more wins than they do right now. Melo just kind of killed this season for them. You gotta go to the guy because he's so talented, but for a few games I saw, he'd just not be interested in winning basketball games. Some games he did, like against Dallas,
laugh.gif
. But whatever, he's on his new team now, and I'm completely fine with him going East to go make the Justice League/Avengers/Batman+Robin.

I haven't watched enough of Gallo play but can he create his own shot? I always saw him more of a catch-and-soon or drive kind of guy, not necessarily getting his own shot off like a lot of the great players do.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If you want to win 30 games a year, sure.

His lateral quickness is always going to hurt him from being a top tierplayer. And he doesn't work nearly well enough inside the arc to getthe Dirk comparisons that people throw his way.

Ideally, he's a good #3 on a winning team.
Completely agree.

Although, I don't recall Dirk having much of a back to the basket game early on, himself. That said, I don't ever see Gallinari being even 75% of the player Dirk has become (which is still a fine career).

I would love to have him on the Hornets. He and Ariza would be perfect foils.

Dirk did develop his back-to-the-basket game pretty much after the Golden State series. Believe it or not but Dirk was actually pretty quick on his feet for a guy his size. He'd make lots of cuts to the basket, and he relied moreso on his outside shot than posting-up. He would get to the line a lot more than he has in recent years too.

As Dirk has lost some of his speed and agility, he's relied more on posting up, relying on his fade-away game, and getting people involved more. He doesn't have 30 point games every week anymore, because the Mavs try to balance it out between the guys. Sometimes we need it, and he will either reply or he won't.

Gallo? He'll be okay. I think he can be the main scorer/#1 option if they get more decent pieces around them, like how the Pistons won back in 04 (it was 04 right?).

They have a great core right now even with the recent loss of Carmelo, if they could get a post-presence who could score down low?
sick.gif

PG situation is iffy. Is Ty Lawson ready to take over? We'll see.

But if they had someone like Boozer on that team, EEYUCK.

Gallo and AA on the wing, with Nene and Kenyon banging down low and Ty's ability to get to the basket is already a really good core, they just need a big name to relieve some pressure off the rest of those guys.

That's why I liked the Nuggets as they were so much. If all this crap with Melo wasn't going on, and he had signed the extension in the off-season, I bet they'd have at least 5-10 more wins than they do right now. Melo just kind of killed this season for them. You gotta go to the guy because he's so talented, but for a few games I saw, he'd just not be interested in winning basketball games. Some games he did, like against Dallas,
laugh.gif
. But whatever, he's on his new team now, and I'm completely fine with him going East to go make the Justice League/Avengers/Batman+Robin.

I haven't watched enough of Gallo play but can he create his own shot? I always saw him more of a catch-and-soon or drive kind of guy, not necessarily getting his own shot off like a lot of the great players do.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Too inconsistent.

I'm rootin' for him though.

Co-signing this....
+

Wilson Chandler is going to be the #1 option on Denver. His All-Star career starts now. Dude can score and play defense.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Too inconsistent.

I'm rootin' for him though.

Co-signing this....
+

Wilson Chandler is going to be the #1 option on Denver. His All-Star career starts now. Dude can score and play defense.

Back
Top Bottom