Can Gallinari become...

It was always funny to me how Wilson and Gallo divided the NYK fanbase and fans would chose sides and then criticize the other one for no reason. Their both good young players and Wilson prolly has the edge today, but imo Gallo has a rare skillset for his size and a higher ceiling.

It was always funny to me how Wilson and Gallo divided the NYK fanbase and fans would chose sides and then criticize the other one for no reason. Their both good young players and Wilson prolly has the edge today, but imo Gallo has a rare skillset for his size and a higher ceiling.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Wilson is a much better defender, more versatile, he just doesn't look for his shot like Gallonari does which is often a good thing.  Plus he is athletic and hasn't had back problems at the age of 20.
I find that extremely disputable. Much better defender? He has not shown that but talking about defense with players who only had Mike D'Antoni as a coach is laughable. Wilson isn't an above average passer so how else is he versatile? Catching alley oops? I can agree with him being more athletic but if you're looking for Gallo to be your #1 option, with his game he doesn't need to be that athletic.

Wilson has bad shot selection, sometimes incredibly terrible. Like Gallo he can go ghost for periods of the game. As much as he's improved I'd say he's just closed the gap between him and Gallo a little more this season.

Can't blame Gallo for his back injury. Dude has bounced back and gone even harder on his slashing game since his knee injury. Bringing up injuries is irrelevant unless they become a constant. He's not a Portland Trailblazer.

Wilson is a much better defender, more versatile, he just doesn't look for his shot like Gallonari does which is often a good thing.  Plus he is athletic and hasn't had back problems at the age of 20.
I find that extremely disputable. Much better defender? He has not shown that but talking about defense with players who only had Mike D'Antoni as a coach is laughable. Wilson isn't an above average passer so how else is he versatile? Catching alley oops? I can agree with him being more athletic but if you're looking for Gallo to be your #1 option, with his game he doesn't need to be that athletic.

Wilson has bad shot selection, sometimes incredibly terrible. Like Gallo he can go ghost for periods of the game. As much as he's improved I'd say he's just closed the gap between him and Gallo a little more this season.

Can't blame Gallo for his back injury. Dude has bounced back and gone even harder on his slashing game since his knee injury. Bringing up injuries is irrelevant unless they become a constant. He's not a Portland Trailblazer.

I'm sorry but right now Wilson Chandler is a better player than Danilo Gallinari. Plus he was playing out of position for us at the 4. All this talk about Danilo has more upside, where is it exactly? If he becomes more willing to stop chucking 3's than maybe it will happen.

How do we know that Wilson doesn't have more upside, he's only 23

I'm sorry but right now Wilson Chandler is a better player than Danilo Gallinari. Plus he was playing out of position for us at the 4. All this talk about Danilo has more upside, where is it exactly? If he becomes more willing to stop chucking 3's than maybe it will happen.

How do we know that Wilson doesn't have more upside, he's only 23

Nope, not with GK as his coach. Until GK installs a real offense that utilizes his talents Gallinari won't.

Nope, not with GK as his coach. Until GK installs a real offense that utilizes his talents Gallinari won't.

he will put up numbers like bargnani but probably shouldnt be a number one option on a good team.

he will put up numbers like bargnani but probably shouldnt be a number one option on a good team.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Wilson Chandler is better than Gallo

i love WC but thats not true

laugh.gif
what?

I don't think WC is better than Gallo is either.

Gallo will have plays ran for him in Denver, he will eventually average 20ppg+.

I don't think WC is better than Gallo is either.

Gallo will have plays ran for him in Denver, he will eventually average 20ppg+.

I agree that Gallo will average 20+ in the near future. He has a nice skill set. Everyone knows he can hit the 3, but he has improved very much in terms of getting to the line. I dont know if he will ever be a superstar, but i do believe that he can be that #2 guy on a winning team.

I agree that Gallo will average 20+ in the near future. He has a nice skill set. Everyone knows he can hit the 3, but he has improved very much in terms of getting to the line. I dont know if he will ever be a superstar, but i do believe that he can be that #2 guy on a winning team.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

I'd take Chandler over Gallo any day, eff that high ceiling talk thats just another word for ''potential'' which has gotten many gm's in trouble. And i like Gallo too but ALL he can do is shoot and he cant even do that consistently. Hes streaky as hell.

I can see Gallo being an All-star in the league one day

Unforturnately, I cant say the same about Will as much as i like him

I can see Gallo being an All-star in the league one day

Unforturnately, I cant say the same about Will as much as i like him

Problem is, Gallo has the confidence of a 14 year old about to lose his v-card. his only real negative.

Back
Top Bottom