Bulls offseason Thread

i kinda hate this works but would be ok with it

Last edited:
I read those trade scenarios and I think all of them have zero percent chance of happening.
Odds are you're correct, but that's not the point. The point is that it appears the Bulls are being very active in discussions with multiple teams about multiple trades this year, I trust Gar and Pax to end up making the best decision and if they do decide to trade someone, making sure we get maximum value back. It seems (as it should) that they really want to move Boozer, key will be if anybody wants him for the Bulls' small asking price.

The better and better I see Taj get the less im inclined to overpay mirotic to come over here and be his backup. All I keep hearing is Mirotic wants some serious money to come over here. Looking to go after a SG or SF. Jimmy can stay at the 2 or switch to the 3
If the Bulls move Taj, they're bringing over Mirotic. From what "they" say, this kid has some serious potential. It's rumored he wants around $10M total to make this deal happen. Remember that include buying him out of his current contract.

The better and better I see Taj get the less im inclined to overpay mirotic to come over here and be his backup. All I keep hearing is Mirotic wants some serious money to come over here. Looking to go after a SG or SF. Jimmy can stay at the 2 or switch to the 3

If the Bulls move Taj, they're bringing over Mirotic. From what "they" say, this kid has some serious potential. It's rumored he wants around $10M total to make this deal happen. Remember that include buying him out of his current contract.

move booz keep taj bring over the euro cat & see if he cooks

move booz keep taj bring over the euro cat & see if he cooks

I truly dont have anything against mirotic im just not feeling committing that kind of money to him. He comes over here im gonna pray like all bulls fans he everything and more, I just feel with our current timing and window get some proven talent next to rose...... these all league foreigners have not done so well over here with the exception of the ones who came over here very young and were molded by nba game.

Do we really believe he this impact player they claim because for 10 million with the salary caps if he not its gonna be all bad for the bulls.

Nah i dont want to pay him 10 mil per. We are going to have to resign Jimmy soon too. Need another shooter and i wouldnt mind bringing DJ back either

Only reason we should move Taj is if Melo/Bron are 100% dead certain they wanna play for us, then we can clear up cap space. He's better than Boozer and cheaper and unless you can get rid of Carlos (unlikely) you stick with Taj in the mean time. If we don't reel in the big fish amnesty Boozer and bring in Mirotic. Gibson/Mirotic/Noah is a very potent frontcourt.

And I doubt Mirotic commands 10 mil - he hasn't played in the NBA yet, so he knows that he shouldn't be asking for that much being an unproven commodity. It's the second contract that'll make him money, not the first.

Only reason we should move Taj is if Melo/Bron are 100% dead certain they wanna play for us, then we can clear up cap space. He's better than Boozer and cheaper and unless you can get rid of Carlos (unlikely) you stick with Taj in the mean time. If we don't reel in the big fish amnesty Boozer and bring in Mirotic. Gibson/Mirotic/Noah is a very potent frontcourt.

And I doubt Mirotic commands 10 mil - he hasn't played in the NBA yet, so he knows that he shouldn't be asking for that much being an unproven commodity. It's the second contract that'll make him money, not the first.

Thats the issue tho this his second contract in that terms as hes not restricted by the rookie scale anymore, so he can ask for whatever he wants. Im just hoping he translates, we waited a long time and put a lot of faith in a guy we have never seen play.

Its his first contract that wont be limited to a rookie scale. thays why he hasnt come over yet. after this season Miritoc can ask for what ever he wants. he makes a lot of money in Spain, but taxes are insane....

It will be interesting how GarPax massages the numbers. The amount will also need to address his buyout too, which is probably one of the main reasons why $10mil is being thrown around. Let's hope he doesn't ask for 10mil euros.

From what I read, the RM president is going to "personally" be involved in trying to keep Nikola in Europe. From a competitive standpoint there's nothing really left for him to prove in Euroleague. Time to enter the big stage.

The way I see it.....we basically subtract Deng and Boozer to add Miritoc. That's not gonna win you a championship. I dont know man.......i have no optimism. Derrick needs to come back and be a star again, that'll cure most things, but if he's not.....

The way I see it.....we basically subtract Deng and Boozer to add Miritoc. That's not gonna win you a championship. I dont know man.......i have no optimism. Derrick needs to come back and be a star again, that'll cure most things, but if he's not.....

IMO, the team doesn't seem to skip a beat without Lu...at least from the wing position. I still don't think Jimmy's fully healthy, so I'll reserve my judgement on Lu's trade impact until after the ASG.

It's just a matter of time until Booz is no longer a Bull. If he's gone this summer, the projected lineup next season is:

Rose / DJ
Snell / Hinrich (vet minimum deal?)
Butler / MDJ?
Taj / Mirotic
Noah / Draftee?

I haven't looked at the numbers to see if the above is realistic, but if that's the lineup going into next season there's still a number of question marks starting with Rose's condition and Mirotic adapting to the NBA game. Maybe GarPax strike late first round gold again too. Championship-caliber? A big maybe, and a number of other outside factors will need to break our way.

The remainder of the season and the summer will be very interesting.

Don't forget Bulls will probably get Charlotte's pick this season and potentially a kings/cavs pick. I bet we draft at least one SG/SF, hopefully they will have an impact.

Otherwise yes, it is just:

Rose / DJ (probably gone)
Snell / Hinrich (vet minimum deal?)
Butler / MDJ?
Taj / Mirotic
Noah / Draftee?

I forgot about the CHA pick, good reminder.

I'm more optimistic about DJ staying than I was with Nate / Belli last year. Yeah, leap of faith there.

Back
Top Bottom