Bulls offseason Thread

We def need to show up n show out thurs night! Wrap this thing up.

That's enough time to rest, recoup, n get Kirk back for a strong run.

Yeah, you're definitely a cut off your nose to spite your face type of person.

This isn't about this year, it was a throw away year from the jump as you can see by all of the 1yr contracts the Bulls FO entered into, this is about the next 8-10 years. The organization has to think long term and he gets nothing out of playing his first competitive basketball of the season during the 2nd round of the playoffs... That makes as much sense as learning to swim in the deep end of a pool. :smh:

but hes been cleared to play for a while dude. and im sure the fo didnt think they would make it to the second round.

he gets nothing out of it? he has a chance to put his team in a postion to play for a title...

its a mental thing and if you are the leader, former mvp, and heart and soul of your team, you aint got time for a mental breakdown...

your nose cutting analogy did humor me though

No. Cleared to play means the Doctors don't see anything else they need to do. Everything else is up to him and he's doing what he should be doing, listening to his body.

Why come back during the most stressful & intense part of the season when you have yet to see an actual minute of REAL game time... You think that's smart?

At what point does chemistry & timing get taken into consideration? You can't mimic that in practice no matter how hard you work at it... There is no reason to rush this, he's carried this team on his back into the post season for 3 straight seasons, they're fine without him for this one

**** Steve Kerr... I mean that. He was all with Derrick not playing, its not about the short term its about the long haul, he has his entire career to think about until Kirk couldn't play last game because of his calf... Now its Derrick you owe your team to come back and play 20mins. Eat a **** :smh:

REAL TALK!!!!!! Bring him back against Miami so Lebron can guard him for those 20 mins if we get past the Nets?? :wow: :smh: .. Great idea Kerr, now we see why your tenure with the Suns front office didn't last too long :rolleyes

if he's physically ready i don't see any good reason for him not to play and earn that paycheck. such a disappointment.

^ This!

If you are a competitor then compete. No player is "100%" so 90% is good. Get that feel out there again and get bumped a few times to work off that fear. Tomorrow is never promised but that contract he's on is so I guess that's part of the reason.

I know, we all know. But if, if he came back would it be detrimental to team chemistry?

I don't really think so. Our team has been playing with an inconsistent roster almost all season. If his mins are limited then I don't see that big of a deal.

Like now...Kirk may or may not be back thurs but if not Nate will get the go so if next round comes we shld be able to insert rose by splitting his time up with Nate.

Last edited:
im not expecting him to come back either, but i think hes either being a baby about his knee or a punk (cuz of his brother)

no way he throws off chemistry.....and at the very worst he will be better than nate when it comes to chemistry

what a waste of a season...........

They qouted bruh saying he said he isnt coming back until he is a 110%...... Man dude can sale that **** to somebody who can afford to listen.. Either bruh math is off or he just buying time to chill..

im not expecting him to come back either, but i think hes either being a baby about his knee or a punk (cuz of his brother)

no way he throws off chemistry.....and at the very worst he will be better than nate when it comes to chemistry

what a waste of a season

Management thought the same thing when they got rid of the bench and signed all of these one-year, some non-guaranteed contracts. This isn't breaking news. The org knew he wasn't coming back this season either.

Management thought the same thing when they got rid of the bench and signed all of these one-year, some non-guaranteed contracts. This isn't breaking news. The org knew he wasn't coming back this season either.

yeah but with rose i do think we can compete with miami...not now with him having zero game reps but if he came back 2-3 week sago id say we had as good a chance as anyone

no one expected boozer to have such a good year...and thats why we could have beat them at full strength

yeah but with rose i do think we can compete with miami...not now with him having zero game reps but if he came back 2-3 week sago id say we had as good a chance as anyone

no one expected boozer to have such a good year...and thats why we could have beat them at full strength

With a healthy D Rose, I would incline to agree with you if they kept Asik. After a whole season, I think this bench is better equipped to deal with Miami, especially Nate and Belli.

Taj, Asik, Belli, Nate, Kirk off the bench...yeah man.

Last edited:
Im not to attatched to asik, i didnt care to much for the considering only the games i watched when he played. I would cringe when thibs put him. He seemed kinda on the lazy side to me as far as in the paint trying to score. Thats just my perception as a non professional bball player. I. Almost had a fit when we got rid of kyle korver. But asik looks better in houston.

First thing is put the nets away then worry about rose coming back or not.

I'm uneasy about this nets team. They are feisty. We need to kill them off now, no game 7.

Thats how i was about the 76's last year, we actually could have beaten them if it wasnt fpr minor mistakes, idk which game it was but we had them beat but boozer turned over the ball and it went out of bounds and they wond by two or four points... And another one we had in our hands and cj or john lucas pulled up at the trey mark with no rebounders and plenty time on the clock but he rushed it..

I really dont want to go into a game 7 with them. Lets put them away tomorrow and not mess around. Crash the boards and lock down on defense

I really dont want to go into a game 7 with them. Lets put them away tomorrow and not mess around. Crash the boards and lock down on defense

game 7 would not be good......

chicago is known for D and rebounding they didnt do either well in game 5. hopefully its not an issue in game 6

Kirk "likely" out 2nite ... Deng and Gibson (Illness) game-time decisions, both missed shootaround ..

I'm not liking the direction this is heading in already :smh:

@KCJHoop: Hinrich out. Deng, Gibson still sick. Didn't do shootaround. Gametime decisions. #Bulls

Tough game just got tougher

Deng and Gibson playing. Don't let the reports fool you. I thought Kirk might go but they ruled him out earlier on WMVP. This sucks for a season. Constantly seeing the team pull out big wins and expecting rosé to come back and save it all. I'd rather blow the lead to nets rather than get made a clown out of by Miami. I swear it feels like we got the cubs goat curse on the west side

Deng and Gibson playing. Don't let the reports fool you. I thought Kirk might go but they ruled him out earlier on WMVP. This sucks for a season. Constantly seeing the team pull out big wins and expecting rosé to come back and save it all. I'd rather blow the lead to nets rather than get made a clown out of by Miami. I swear it feels like we got the cubs goat curse on the west side

Back
Top Bottom