Bulls offseason Thread

Belli could start at PG, then keep Nate coming off the bench. I would love to close this out tonight.

I've been on Hinrich all season but he will be missed tonight. By the way, what exactly is his injury now?

I only read it's related to his calf

i dont mind if you start teauge to let everyone come off the bench. he can bring the ball up and and give it to noah or deng to run the offense at the top of the key.

his defense is fine, that jump shot is just horrible right now tho
laugh.gif

On to game 6. We need Taj to play a lot better. Lu's 3 ball has been broke all series. Allowed too many offensive rebounds too. Hopefully we can get Kirk back next game.

On to game 6. We need Taj to play a lot better. Lu's 3 ball has been broke all series. Allowed too many offensive rebounds too. Hopefully we can get Kirk back next game.

yupp and im sure wallace/blatch wont be as effective in chicago...tough game to win without kirk and an already thin bench

deng needs to step it the **** up.

his play all 5 games i the main reason i have always said i would trade him to help get a legit number 2 star on this team

The whole team looked fatigued from Saturday's game. Hopefully we can get Kirk back for the next game. Our D has been atrocious the last couple of games too, we really need to get back to basics.

deng needs to step it the **** up.

his play all 5 games i the main reason i have always said i would trade him to help get a legit number 2 star on this team

1-17 from three this series.

I expect a big close out game from him Thursday.

yeah deng settling for 3's....dude is tired tho he plays so many mins and hustles his a off on d

24 second chance points no excuse for that

Who are the New Age Shane Battiers?

Link

Conventional wisdom says you can find shooters who play good defense everywhere. But they're harder to find than you might think — and more valuable than ever.
By Zach Lowe on April 30, 2013

Jimmy Butler

By far the most popular nominee among NBA people considering young players seeking membership into this group. Butler shockingly shot 38 percent from 3-point range this season, and he was even better from above the arc,3 though on fewer attempts than from the corners. He's got the size and speed to defend both wing positions, and he has learned under the NBA's best defensive coach. He's a bargain on his rookie deal, and it will be interesting to see how much individual scoring ability he showcases before that deal is up — and how the league views him at that point. Butler still has to prove his 3-point shooting can sustain over the long haul, but the early signs are very good.

yeah deng settling for 3's....dude is tired tho he plays so many mins and hustles his a off on d

24 second chance points no excuse for that

Most of his looks have been clean and open. He's just not hitting them thus far.

Who are the New Age Shane Battiers?

Link

Conventional wisdom says you can find shooters who play good defense everywhere. But they're harder to find than you might think — and more valuable than ever.
By Zach Lowe on April 30, 2013

Jimmy Butler

By far the most popular nominee among NBA people considering young players seeking membership into this group. Butler shockingly shot 38 percent from 3-point range this season, and he was even better from above the arc,3 though on fewer attempts than from the corners. He's got the size and speed to defend both wing positions, and he has learned under the NBA's best defensive coach. He's a bargain on his rookie deal, and it will be interesting to see how much individual scoring ability he showcases before that deal is up — and how the league views him at that point. Butler still has to prove his 3-point shooting can sustain over the long haul, but the early signs are very good.

:pimp: & :smh: at the same time... hes gonna get paid & it better be by us

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/13590/podcast-kerr-if-healthy-rose-should-play

"And to me, I think Derrick owes it to his teammates at this stage," Kerr said. "And again, I've been Derrick's biggest supporter on this. I've been saying all along, up until two days ago, I've been saying, 'He should not play if he's not comfortable.'

"But if this is just about not being fully confident, you've got to go out there. If this is about, 'Hey, it doesn't feel right and I'm worried I can hurt it,' then no way should he play. But if this is just about, 'You know gosh, I'm just not quite confident yet.' I would appeal to him and say, 'Can you give us 20 minutes.' And if you're Derrick, you've been watching Noah and Hinrich play on one leg this whole series, at what point do you start to feel sort of self-conscious and guilty about what's unfolding?"​

Yeah, you're definitely a cut off your nose to spite your face type of person.

This isn't about this year, it was a throw away year from the jump as you can see by all of the 1yr contracts the Bulls FO entered into, this is about the next 8-10 years. The organization has to think long term and he gets nothing out of playing his first competitive basketball of the season during the 2nd round of the playoffs... That makes as much sense as learning to swim in the deep end of a pool. :smh:

but hes been cleared to play for a while dude. and im sure the fo didnt think they would make it to the second round.

he gets nothing out of it? he has a chance to put his team in a postion to play for a title...

its a mental thing and if you are the leader, former mvp, and heart and soul of your team, you aint got time for a mental breakdown...

your nose cutting analogy did humor me though

No. Cleared to play means the Doctors don't see anything else they need to do. Everything else is up to him and he's doing what he should be doing, listening to his body.

Why come back during the most stressful & intense part of the season when you have yet to see an actual minute of REAL game time... You think that's smart?

At what point does chemistry & timing get taken into consideration? You can't mimic that in practice no matter how hard you work at it... There is no reason to rush this, he's carried this team on his back into the post season for 3 straight seasons, they're fine without him for this one

**** Steve Kerr... I mean that. He was all with Derrick not playing, its not about the short term its about the long haul, he has his entire career to think about until Kirk couldn't play last game because of his calf... Now its Derrick you owe your team to come back and play 20mins. Eat a **** :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom