Bulls offseason Thread

Some1 said it earlier

Jimmy is 1 offensive outburst away from being Paul George

He should go nowhere he's part of our core

Love plays no defense and doesn't dominate when it counts

Melo is superstar love is eh

Melo has stated he likes Thibs system if Melo bought into our system and doesn't anchor us defensively were instantly #1

Healthy rose noah taj Melo jimmy
We will dance to Ecf it would be a special team

We can respectfully get rings unlike miami we do it the right way

no joining up we draft all our players and aquire 1 superstar that will look great that's how I Want to get rings .

Jimmy's play last season was not particularly encouraging if you're comparing him to George. He's an adequate option on offense, but I have no problem including him in a deal for Melo or Love assuming we get someone decent at SG.

Love is not the bum you make him out to be on defense. 28th in defensive win shares (ahead of LMA, Drummond, LeBron, CP3, Gasol, etc. - who are all considered good defenders) - he is not a great defender but he'll be fine on this team.

I would be happy to land either one at this point.

Jimmy's play last season was not particularly encouraging if you're comparing him to George. He's an adequate option on offense, but I have no problem including him in a deal for Melo or Love assuming we get someone decent at SG.

Love is not the bum you make him out to be on defense. 28th in defensive win shares (ahead of LMA, Drummond, LeBron, CP3, Gasol, etc. - who are all considered good defenders) - he is not a great defender but he'll be fine on this team.

Jimmy's problem had nothing to do with him. he needs to be a primarily spot up shooter and a guy who drives the lane and gets calls (with a superstar playing along side him.) This year he had to create his own shot and be a ball handler, which clearly didnt workout to his advantage. His first three years compare favorably to PG, he even had more total win shares with less minutes played.

Last edited:

Jimmy's problem had nothing to do with him. he needs to be a primarily spot up shooter and a guy who drives the lane and gets calls (with a superstar playing along side him.) This year he had to create his own shot and be a ball handler, which clearly didnt workout to his advantage. His first three years compare favorably to PG, he even had more total win shares with less minutes played.

You guys are asking a lot with this comparison/extrapolation. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't see Jimmy ever being as talented as Paul is on the offensive end.

Jimmy is a great defender....but i dont see him ever becoming a reliable scoring threat.

^Agreed with Seymore and AR...I don't think Jimmy will ever develop into the player PG is. The only untouchable to me is Noah -anyone else can be traded. And Rose is untradeable because of his injury history and albatross of a contract.

If DJ isn't retained, would you use the 19th pick to nab Shabazz Napier?

I haven't followed college bball as as I used to, but I've always liked Napier's game. I like Adrien Payne too. Seems to have more athleticism than Taj with a better shooting stroke off the bat.

Edit:

Jimmy is playing out of position, IMO. He's a SF and Snell is more of a SG.

I love Jimmy, but he shouldn't be compared to PG. Comparing him to Kawhi Leonard is better.

Last edited:
Is it me or do we just not see posters like that anymore. It's either ppl jump out of the way or they take a charge.

You guys are asking a lot with this comparison/extrapolation. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't see Jimmy ever being as talented as Paul is on the offensive end.

PG in his "superstar" year this year has only shot 42.5% from the field. Not exactly a world beater. jimmy was absolutely terrible last year and it was more anomaly in my eyes. George doesnt draw fouls at the rate jimmy does. they arent exactly the same type of player but theres no doubt in my mind that jimmy can be a 17-7-3 guy EASILY just by improving his efficiency. (that will come with rose and hopefully another offensive player around him.)

PG in his "superstar" year this year has only shot 42.5% from the field. Not exactly a world beater. jimmy was absolutely terrible last year and it was more anomaly in my eyes. George doesnt draw fouls at the rate jimmy does. they arent exactly the same type of player but theres no doubt in my mind that jimmy can be a 17-7-3 guy EASILY just by improving his efficiency. (that will come with rose and hopefully another offensive player around him.)

While being the #1 guy, being the focal point of defenses. Completely different caliber of roles.

I hope that he does show that type of growth.

Chicago Bulls

The deal: Trade Machine

Bulls receive: Kevin Love
Wolves receive: Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the rights to Nikola Mirotic, Ronnie Brewer, Nos. 16 and 19 picks in 2014

Of the most realistic trade scenarios for the Wolves in unloading Love for assets, cap relief and picks, this is probably the best move they could make, unless Phoenix is willing to be bold. You could also swap out Boozer for Taj Gibson, but his long-term money isn’t ideal for a rebuilding team. The Wolves could flip him to a contender later. The Bulls would be giving up a lot, but a big three of Joakim Noah, Love and Derrick Rose (assuming he's healthy) is an amazing way to battle whatever the Heat end up being after this season.

:x
:stoneface:
:wow:

If these Bammas could find a way to score this wouldn't even be an issue.

Like it or not this team needs a scorer. The past 3 years I've watched them go on these serious scoring droughts in games.

The way some of you guys want to do it is nit working at all. Don't have to gut the team but they damn sure better to do something.

And yes I'm a bulls fan I just don't post a lot. :lol:

Coming from a team with enough cap space, exactly how desperate are the Bulls to get rid of Boozer? Enough to attach a first round draft pick with him? :nerd:

Last edited:
one of my greatest childhood memories was that play. pip telling spike to sit his *** down!!!

why isn't there a 30 for 30 on the bulls
Coming from a team with enough cap space, exactly how desperate are the Bulls to get rid of Boozer? Enough to attach a first round draft pick with him? :nerd:

i dont think so because they can amnesty him at worst. but i do think he has value especially by the trade deadline.

i love butler but thibs is gonna ruin this kid. he admitted he was fatigued in the playoffs. melo would fit perfectly, i have a feeling we will get him.

one of my greatest childhood memories was that play. pip telling spike to sit his *** down!!!

why isn't there a 30 for 30 on the bulls

i dont think so because they can amnesty him at worst. but i do think he has value especially by the trade deadline.

i love butler but thibs is gonna ruin this kid. he admitted he was fatigued in the playoffs. melo would fit perfectly, i have a feeling we will get him.

bulls 30 for 30 sounds good....unless its a "what couldve been" 30 for 30

Would be happy if Jimmy Butler turns into Wes Matthews 2.0
I see that as his ceiling if he improves his jumpshot

If he turns into Wes on the offensive end that would be HUGE for us.

Jimmy defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wes defense.

Back
Top Bottom