Brett Favre to retire

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7870944?MSNHPHMA

The most storied quarterback career in NFL history is coming to a close.
FOXSports.com has learned that legendary quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire. In fact, it's believed he informed the Packers of his decision within the last few days, although it's unclear when Favre and the team will make his decision known.
[h3]Hanging them up[/h3]​
1025.jpg
Quarterback​

[table][tr][td]
G​
[/td] [td]
GS​
[/td] [td]
Comp​
[/td] [td]
Att​
[/td] [td]
Yds​
[/td] [td]
TD​
[/td] [td]
Int​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
257​
[/td] [td]
253​
[/td] [td]
5,377​
[/td] [td]
8,758​
[/td] [td]
61,655​
[/td] [td]
442​
[/td] [td]
288​
[/td] [/tr][/table]

So barring an unforeseen last-minute change of heart, Favre will leave the game after 17 years, during which he built himself into a household name and a figure synonymous with grit, toughness and perseverance.

Neither GM Ted Thompson nor head coach Mike McCarthy returned several calls left by FOXSports.com for confirmation.

After flirting with retirement for the last few years, Favre will finally go out on the heels of one of the best seasons of his career.

He led the Packers to the NFC Championship Game after passing for a stunning 4,155 yards, looking very much at times like a younger version of himself. In addition he threw 28 TDs - including an overtime Hail Mary pass to beat Denver in front of a national audience - and had a 95.7 quarterback rating. He was also voted into the Pro Bowl following the 2007 season but declined to go.

Favre leaves the game as the all-time record holder in several categories including wins, passing yards, touchdowns and consecutive games started. A three-time MVP, The southern swashbuckler won fans over with his carefree style that epitomized the "gunslinger" moniker and made fans out of everyone from the guy next door to those already enshrined in Canton.

Hmmmm...coincidentally waiting for Moss to decide?

If true, one hell of a career Brett.

Edit* Mort just confirmed on Mike & Mike... Brett Favre is retiring.

tired.gif

One of the greatest to ever play QB.

I'm not even a Packers fan at all but I respect his dedication to the game.

Looks like Brian Brohm is headed to Green Bay
no he's not...

damn tho...I hope that Moss decision didnt have much do with it, cuz its not like he doesnt have a solid group of receivers, and the NFC is wide open everyyear...his team lost to the Superbowl Champions in overtime.

Aaron Rodgers>Anything the Packers could get in this draft......

Goodbye Brett, thanks for every thing. You still the best quarterback of all time...
frown.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

brett-favre-mouth-open.bmp

its going to be weird not seeing number 4 under center

Wow.

I really thought he was going to give it one more go at it.

Nevertheless, great career Brett
pimp.gif

No matter who the QB is next year, they should have the NFC North sewn up already. That division stinks.

as long as i've watched football, favre has always been the packers QB.

gonna need some adjusting to see anyone else starting for GB.

He's an icon, but he went by a different set of rules. I wonder how much Green Bay will improve or suffer without having Favre's presence in the lockerroom? Sad to see him go, but it was time.

Damn...wasn't a huge Favre fan but you don't like football if ya don't at least respect him. I mean the dude started every game since the Bush Iadministration. Its gonna be real weird not seein him no more... Thnks fr th mmrs, Brett...

Back
Top Bottom