BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

eek.gif
wow

I think the second year is a team option.

It will be very interesting to see how they actually use him.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Week 13: you will see a lot of Vick Eagles jerseys in Atlanta. There are more Vick fans than Falcon fans.
The fights/stabbing/shootings that may occur
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

SMH at yall thinking McNabb's job is in jeopardy, Vick is prolly gonna be used as a "trick pony" he ain't starting unless Donovan is hurt. Our offense just got another weapon as if we needed anymore.
Really so you think the Eagles signed Vick to a 2yr contract for approx 6.6Mill for him to just sit on the bench. The only way Vick doesnt startby atleast week 11 is if the Eagles have a 8-2 record bye week withstanding.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

SMH at yall thinking McNabb's job is in jeopardy, Vick is prolly gonna be used as a "trick pony" he ain't starting unless Donovan is hurt. Our offense just got another weapon as if we needed anymore.
Really so you think the Eagles signed Vick to a 2yr contract for approx 6.6Mill for him to just sit on the bench. The only way Vick doesnt start by atleast week 11 is if the Eagles have a 8-2 record bye week withstanding.
You my friend are high.

Backup QBs usually have those contracts (some even more) though Nostra, so I doubt it means anything....

Lets be real, Vick won't start. But if Mcnabb dooes not play well, you will see Vick on the field.

I swear the hate on here sometimes is out of hand...........

Really so you think the Eagles signed Vick to a 2yr contract for approx 6.6Mill for him to just sit on the bench. The only way Vick doesnt start by atleast week 11 is if the Eagles have a 8-2 record bye week withstanding.
and McNabb just restructured his contract to make 24 million over the next 2 years...on top of it all he's coming off one of his best seasonsas a pro. Vick is NO threat to McNabb. Let's see if Vick can even beat out Kevin Kolb at this point. That is where the QB battle is. You're foolishif you honestly think Vick is going to be starting by week 11 this year.

*and for what it's worth Todd Collins makes 3 mil a year to sit on the bench....

You know McNabb just signed an extension this year, right?? The Eagles have HEAVILY invested too much into him to just say screw it and insertVick as the starter

Think guys. Last time McNabb got hurt he was doing what? Rolling out of the pocket trying to escape the defense aka.......Mike Vicks specialty......Theyregonna let Vick do all the potential option/running plays while McNabb sits in the pocket and beams it..In fact, theyre potentially the same exact player interms of ability minus Vicks accuracy..so you have even more of a headache as a defense because you don't know what you're facing play after play..Goodpickup by the Eagles..

I like the move for the Eagles.. Other teams are gonna wonder why they didn't pull the trigger earlier..
It's really a win win if you think about it besides the PR hit you take, if Vick can make a few big plays
for you a game and stays outta trouble he could enhance your team tremendously..

Do Philly cats even care? These guys like to see themselves as tough guys so I really don't see them having a problem embracing dude...not sure though...

Just because Mike Vick was signed on a 2 year contract for 1.6 mill his first season doesn't mean he won't have his opportunity to earn it....

If anything I think it creates opportunity for the offense to put Vick into a wildcat formation to mix things up a little. McNabb is the quarterback of thatteam and will be as long as he stays healthy.

I just think this decision keeps Vick in the fold of a very competitive divison and gives him opportunity to even take a few snaps to mix things up. From afootball standpoint, this is as interesting as it gets....

Whether this works out or not is anyone's guess at this point. But it will make the season very intriguing. We'll see if Vick's still gotit...:>

Good to see MV get his 2nd chance in the league.. Hopefully he stays focused and realizes that it really is a blessing to get this second opportunity...

I can't wait for the madden update
laugh.gif

Just because Mike Vick was signed on a 2 year contract for 1.6 mill his first season doesn't mean he won't have his opportunity to earn it....

If anything I think it creates opportunity for the offense to put Vick into a wildcat formation to mix things up a little. McNabb is the quarterback of thatteam and will be as long as he stays healthy.

I just think this decision keeps Vick in the fold of a very competitive divison and gives him opportunity to even take a few snaps to mix things up. From afootball standpoint, this is as interesting as it gets....

Whether this works out or not is anyone's guess at this point. But it will make the season very intriguing. We'll see if Vick's still gotit...:>

Originally Posted by 0cks

Do Philly cats even care? These guys like to see themselves as tough guys so I really don't see them having a problem embracing dude...not sure though...

well they welcomed TO with open arms.. at this point its just about winning.. when Vick runs a 20 yard TD for them, they will all cheer..

lol, some of yall are smoking that good stuff if you think Vick will start this season barring any freak injury w/ Donny.

This is so beast tho
pimp.gif

AND Kolb gets demoted(which he will) ...just gets better.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by S4L3

Let's see if Vick can even beat out Kevin Kolb at this point.
LOL.

Obviously Vick is the more talented of the two....but with Vick's time away from football, and Kolb's familiarity with Reid'soffense....I don't see why (at this point) Kolb couldn't beat him out for the #2.....Even w. Kolb listed as the #2, I still think Vick would get morePT than him in a gimmick role. That's all I'm saying...

49ers what the +!%+ are you doing??? That football aint gonna throw itself now... smh...

Back
Top Bottom