*Breaking News* - Deron Williams to the Nets

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Wow..dumb trade for NJ. Great trade for Utah.

try again

Explain why its better for NJ than Utah? If one of those picks are for this years draft, their getting a lottery pick.
They got the best player, and one of the best players in the NBA, in the deal, that's why its better.  Bringing up lottery picks in a !%+#$$ draft isnt going to help your argument.

I also agree that the Nets have to have something else up their sleeve... OR that they have a lot of confidence in landing a significant big in the near future.

Spoiler [+]
D12 to LAL, Bynum to Minny, KLove to NJN
happy.gif
... ... ... ...
laugh.gif
... ... ... ...
ohwell.gif

try again

Explain why its better for NJ than Utah? If one of those picks are for this years draft, their getting a lottery pick.
And this draft class is weak. Sullinger at OU? Looks like another Sean May in the making.

try again

Dwill is an established all star and the best PG in the league...

those draft picks are exactly that, draft picks, they could have the number 1 and 2 overall pick and none of the those players come out as good as Dwill, they win.

Favors is having a nice rookie year, does that mean its gonna continue and hes gonna be a star? nope.

Established players > draftpicks and potential

I also agree that the Nets have to have something else up their sleeve... OR that they have a lot of confidence in landing a significant big in the near future.

Spoiler [+]
D12 to LAL, Bynum to Minny, KLove to NJN
happy.gif
... ... ... ...
laugh.gif
... ... ... ...
ohwell.gif

try again

Dwill is an established all star and the best PG in the league...

those draft picks are exactly that, draft picks, they could have the number 1 and 2 overall pick and none of the those players come out as good as Dwill, they win.

Favors is having a nice rookie year, does that mean its gonna continue and hes gonna be a star? nope.

Established players > draftpicks and potential

try again

And this draft class is weak. Sullinger at OU? Looks like another Sean May in the making.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Are you saying that you would have prefered Williams over Melo?  If that's the case, I'm with you. 

*Nets fans...where do you go from here? 
Depending on the deal, most likely. I don't know who we would have played at SF though, if we could have kept Chandler or Gallo then absolutely. But  Felton, Mozgov, and one of Chandler/Gallo wouldn't have gotten it done. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Are you saying that you would have prefered Williams over Melo?  If that's the case, I'm with you. 

*Nets fans...where do you go from here? 
Depending on the deal, most likely. I don't know who we would have played at SF though, if we could have kept Chandler or Gallo then absolutely. But  Felton, Mozgov, and one of Chandler/Gallo wouldn't have gotten it done. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

DJ's I don't think they have cap space at all to go anywhere for the next year or so. They're tied down financially with Lopez and those expensive wings/back ups.
Well, damn....Prokhorov better have another ace up his sleeve.  Even w. the addition of Williams, unless that roster is re-tooled some more, they'll be fighting for the 8th. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

DJ's I don't think they have cap space at all to go anywhere for the next year or so. They're tied down financially with Lopez and those expensive wings/back ups.
Well, damn....Prokhorov better have another ace up his sleeve.  Even w. the addition of Williams, unless that roster is re-tooled some more, they'll be fighting for the 8th. 

yea this was the most random trade...i wake up pick up my phone and see this....i mean he has no help on that team so the rest of the season for him is going to suck

Karma.

I now have a reason to watch Nets games again. Good deal for all teams.

Dallas is dumb for not doin' that deal with the Nets. A backcourt of Roddy Buckets and Devin Harris would've gave opposing backcourts nightmares.

Karma.

I now have a reason to watch Nets games again. Good deal for all teams.

Dallas is dumb for not doin' that deal with the Nets. A backcourt of Roddy Buckets and Devin Harris would've gave opposing backcourts nightmares.

yea this was the most random trade...i wake up pick up my phone and see this....i mean he has no help on that team so the rest of the season for him is going to suck

Back
Top Bottom